AWI - And Then There Were Twelve (1 Viewer)

Thankyou very much Ken and 6th WI . . . Glad you both enjoyed my AWI album . . . I will be expanding both the British and the Colonial ranks tomorrow at the Chicago OTSN show . . .
:) Mike

I've seen these figures close up at a show and each one is a "jewel". Your photo display is great because you took repeated poses and made them seem as individuals who are wearing the same uniform.

Well after waiting on their arrival all day, and patiently I might add . . . . NOT :tongue::rolleyes2:, the seven new British Grenadier recruits arrived at my door early this evening. I think I must have been the last delivery for the day! Anyway, these are every bit as great looking as the first five. Here's a photo of all twelve 5th Foot Grenadiers together. From L-R they are: AWI027, AWI026, AWI031, AWI033, AWI037, AWI039, AWI030, AWI032, AWI030, AWI034, AWI031, and AWI028 (also used is W. Britain #DSIP10 "Chosen Ground" display base w/backdrop made by Hudson & Allen for W. Britain). I will try to post more photos tomorrow . . .
:smile2: Mike

PICT0002-2.jpg

Great looking photos Mike.
WOW! They do have the WOW factor.
Excellent British Grenadiers!
Some of the best on the market, possibly thee best!
I live on the grounds where in 1778, G. Washington's soldiers had a big battle with the Brits at Monmouth, New Jersey, hence the title; The Battle Of Monmouth.
Very historical area regarding the American Revolution.
Alex and I are getting involved with the American Revolutionary War Historical society and plan to work with them closely in the near future to create historical Amer. Rev. scenes.
Great job Matt.

Any news on when some new AWI figures are coming out.I'm looking for some indians and frontiersmen but of course that might be quite a while as Matt is just starting this range and he does battles in depth.
Mark

Any news on when some new AWI figures are coming out.I'm looking for some indians and frontiersmen but of course that might be quite a while as Matt is just starting this range and he does battles in depth.
Mark

Mark, I agree, some Indians and frontiersmen would be nice, but I think that there are a lot of uniformed regiments to get to first. Hopefully, we will see something in the next couple months. Matt stated a while back in a newsletter that he hoped each range would have another release before the end of the year.

Once Matt wraps up Bunker Hill, I think the Battle of Saratoga would be a good place to focus on next. As you say, Matt does battles in depth, and Saratoga offers a huge variety for different releases. I'm thinking of British and Hessians regiments, Indians, and Royal Artillery for the Crown forces. The Continentals could be represented by a numer of New England regiments, along with Morgan's riflemen. A lot of options there to include a mix of early uniforms, hunting shirts, and civilian dress. Maybe that is just my personal dream, but I think it has potential!

Noah

Re: AWI - And Now There Are 43

Well I just placed an order for fourteen 5th Foot Grenadiers. Should be here by mid next week. When they arrive I will have a 43-man grenadier company which is approximately a full strength British company for the AWI. It will consist of 36 enlisted, two sgt, 3 officers, and 2 drummers. I plan to arrange my company two different ways; a 20-man front, two ranks deep, with a junior officer and two drummers behind the ranks, or a 14-man front, three ranks deep (the third rank will only have 12 men in it), with a junior officer and two drummers behind the ranks. Platoon wise, I will be able to create two 20-man platoons, each with 18 enlisted, an officer and a sgt.

This completes my 5th Foot collection . . . now onto the next FL AWI release.

Well I just placed an order for fourteen 5th Foot Grenadiers. Should be here by mid next week. When they arrive I will have a 43-man grenadier company which is approximately a full strength British company for the AWI. It will consist of 36 enlisted, two sgt, 3 officers, and 2 drummers. I plan to arrange my company two different ways; a 20-man front, two ranks deep, with a junior officer and two drummers behind the ranks, or a 14-man front, three ranks deep (the third rank will only have 12 men in it), with a junior officer and two drummers behind the ranks. Platoon wise, I will be able to create two 20-man platoons, each with 18 enlisted, an officer and a sgt.

Ooooh Mike...that's gonna look really nice...George is gonna get that new Cadillac after all...^&grin

Mike,

That is going to be tremendous to see. I bet you will be excited to get that package!

Mike your going to have a awesome FL AWI collection. Cant wait to see!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back