Baseball Hot Stove League 2016-2017 (4 Viewers)

I have noticed the Yankees have continued to cut bait. They waived Eiovaldi, a starter with great stuff, but a terrible era and win percentage. I fully expect them to non-tender Chase Headley, and try to trade Brett Gardner. I am pleasantly surprised that they are giving the young players a chance finally, but unless they have starting pitching prospects I haven't heard about, I have no idea where their starting rotation will come from.

Breaking news; the MFY's have signed the corpse of Matt Holliday............must be part of that youth movement I've been hearing so much about lately.......................but naturally he'll now be a shoe in for 74 home runs this year.

Just read the O's offered Trumbo a 4 yr. Deal, haven't heard about numbers but hopefully Trumbo likes the offer.

I heard that the Rockies are hard after Trumbo.

Melancon to the Giants. That will take care of their problems from last year. Had they had him, they might be Champs today.

Just read the O's offered Trumbo a 4 yr. Deal, haven't heard about numbers but hopefully Trumbo likes the offer.

I think it was the other way around. He wants a four year deal at $80 MM. Orioles are looking at other options.

I think it was the other way around. He wants a four year deal at $80 MM. Orioles are looking at other options.
Last thing I heard was that the two sides weren't close and the O's were looking elsewhere. Also, that Bryce Harper contract rumor from last year, (10 years, $400 mil), is kicking around again, but there is no basis to it, according to Boris. -- Al

Even though Boras denies having discussions with the Nats, you know he's going to be getting in that range.

Apparently Mets are talking to Os about a trade for Granderson or Bruce for Brach. Bruce has to be worth more than that.

I'm praying to the man upstairs the hair dye Duquette drowns himself in every night seeps into his pea sized brain and he takes the cheese on this one and gives that cementhead 80 million.................when he gets busted for PED's, it will be the cherry on the Sundae.........................

Last thing I heard was that the two sides weren't close and the O's were looking elsewhere. Also, that Bryce Harper contract rumor from last year, (10 years, $400 mil), is kicking around again, but there is no basis to it, according to Boris. -- Al

Well Al it's like this, and you know is good as I, how many games did Trumbo help the O's win last year?? a Ton!!! when many bats would go silent (Adams, C. Davis etc) Trumbo remained solid for most of the entire season but for a dry spell here and there, if the O's think the can find lightening in a bottle again after letting N. Cruz walk, now if Trumbo walks??? the Orioles do not have the pitching to compete day in and day out in the East, and they aren't going to find much if any in trade/free agents, so their plan should try keep Trumbo, try to find another starter, and hope some of the Farm league players are ripe enough to use in 2017, if not, I'm afraid the cellars of the East will be returning to haunt my O's all over again.

I heard that the Rockies are hard after Trumbo.

Melancon to the Giants. That will take care of their problems from last year. Had they had him, they might be Champs today.

Melancon is exactly what the Giants needed. Now, rumors of a Chris Sale deal have also started.

Well Al it's like this, and you know is good as I, how many games did Trumbo help the O's win last year?? a Ton!!! when many bats would go silent (Adams, C. Davis etc) Trumbo remained solid for most of the entire season but for a dry spell here and there, if the O's think the can find lightening in a bottle again after letting N. Cruz walk, now if Trumbo walks??? the Orioles do not have the pitching to compete day in and day out in the East, and they aren't going to find much if any in trade/free agents, so their plan should try keep Trumbo, try to find another starter, and hope some of the Farm league players are ripe enough to use in 2017, if not, I'm afraid the cellars of the East will be returning to haunt my O's all over again.
Sammy, the MASN channel baseball show that covers the O's and Nats made that exact point on today's show. The pitching isn't good enough to let a hitter like Trumbo depart. The pundits on the show felt that the O's should, and would, find a way to keep Trumbo. Like you say, lightning rarely strikes twice, such as Cruz and Trumbo, and it never strikes 3 times. -- Al

Sammy, the MASN channel baseball show that covers the O's and Nats made that exact point on today's show. The pitching isn't good enough to let a hitter like Trumbo depart. The pundits on the show felt that the O's should, and would, find a way to keep Trumbo. Like you say, lightning rarely strikes twice, such as Cruz and Trumbo, and it never strikes 3 times. -- Al
Somethings up in O's town. Dan Duquette was on the Hot Stove show this AM and was asked about Trumbo. He answered that Trumbo was no longer on the team and that the O's needed to find someone to hit Hr's. Trumbo evidently has not signed elsewhere yet, but the O's have obviously written him off. Too bad. -- Al

Somethings up in O's town. Dan Duquette was on the Hot Stove show this AM and was asked about Trumbo. He answered that Trumbo was no longer on the team and that the O's needed to find someone to hit Hr's. Trumbo evidently has not signed elsewhere yet, but the O's have obviously written him off. Too bad. -- Al

Well that sucks.....but then again, we played this card with Davis last year, but as Davis led the Galaxy including anything in the black hole in strike outs these past few years as well as his cooling off spells through out the year I think that scared off a few teams from signing him last year, but I do not see that happening with Trumbo, he'll move on to the Sox, Yanks, Giants, all I can say is Duquette better have a plan in the works for pitching, I think the offense can survive some what with what the line up has at the moment even without Trumbo but if the pitching isn't a priority then it's a longggggggggggg season in store for my O's before the first blade of grass even grows back at Camden Yards.

Well that sucks.....but then again, we played this card with Davis last year, but as Davis led the Galaxy including anything in the black hole in strike outs these past few years as well as his cooling off spells through out the year I think that scared off a few teams from signing him last year, but I do not see that happening with Trumbo, he'll move on to the Sox, Yanks, Giants, all I can say is Duquette better have a plan in the works for pitching, I think the offense can survive some what with what the line up has at the moment even without Trumbo but if the pitching isn't a priority then it's a longggggggggggg season in store for my O's before the first blade of grass even grows back at Camden Yards.
Yeah, and I don't really understand why Weiters has not been included in the future. He's a good catcher with decent offensive capabilities. I think the O's are planning on Caleb Joseph but his offensive capabilities are a real question mark. I think he set a major league record last season with the most plate appearances without getting an RBI. He didn't have a single one all season. -- Al

Supposedly, Os and Trumbo are trying to work out their contractual differences.

Red Sox have set the stove on fire. Got Chris Sale for a bunch of prospects and have added a bullpen arm, Tyler Thornburg, for more prospects. -- Al

Red Sox have set the stove on fire. Got Chris Sale for a bunch of prospects and have added a bullpen arm, Tyler Thornburg, for more prospects. -- Al

When I heard of the trade, my first thought was who did they give up; Betts, Bradley, Bogaerts, Benintendi, Swihart.........ie, which players from the 25 man roster..............then I found out it was four prospects?

Wow.

And the Thornburg deal is way under the radar.

The Red Sox went from four #3 starters in 2014 to three top of the rotation guys in 2017.

Have to give the GM credit; Price last year, Sale this year, he does not mess around.

They are now loaded 1-9, 1-5..................

When I heard of the trade, my first thought was who did they give up; Betts, Bradley, Bogaerts, Benintendi, Swihart.........ie, which players from the 25 man roster..............then I found out it was four prospects?

Wow.

And the Thornburg deal is way under the radar.

The Red Sox went from four #3 starters in 2014 to three top of the rotation guys in 2017.

Have to give the GM credit; Price last year, Sale this year, he does not mess around.

They are now loaded 1-9, 1-5..................
Yep, the Sox have pretty much made a joke of the AL East race, barring injury. -- Al

Yep, the Sox have pretty much made a joke of the AL East race, barring injury. -- Al

Al,
Also, they signed a gold glove first baseman from the Rangers to platoon with Ramirez at first, he can also fill it as DH if needed.

So they added Sale, a partial replacement for Ortiz, not to mention Pablo is rumored to be in great shape, having dropped about 30 pounds.

Again, have to give the GM credit, he's all in this year....................

That very well may be true Al, but I remember just a few short years ago the Blue Jays loaded up on every key free agent on the market it seemed and they fell flat on their face, being as good as Boston was last year I do not think that will happen to them in 2017 but crazier things can happen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back