Baseball Hot Stove League 2016-2017 (2 Viewers)

Apparently Boston dodged a bullet as Price does not need Tommy John surgery. I actually had no idea he was hurt? I need to start following baseball headlines sooner rather than later.

Reason for optimism (even if it's only spring training)... The Nat's Bryce Harper has 5 Hr's and 8 RBI's in the 10 games he's played in. A good sign after last year's down season. -- Al

Has anyone been watching the WBC? I have been in spurts and am enjoying it. So far, the surprise of the tournament is Israel although most of their players are from the US. They beat Cuba last night.

Has anyone been watching the WBC? I have been in spurts and am enjoying it. So far, the surprise of the tournament is Israel although most of their players are from the US. They beat Cuba last night.
I've watched a bit of it and have seen some good games. Israel's showing has been fun to see. -- Al

killer play last night in the World Baseball Classic game...Adam Jones robs his boy Manny Machado of a homerun, love the tip o the hat Machado gave his Orioles teammate even though they are playing for different countries right now.

The semifinal between Puerto Rico has been a great game so far: some good hitting, excellent pitching, sterling defense (especially by Baez of the Cubs), benches clearing and extra innings.

What more could you want?

Japan vs US semi-final tonight at 9. Who will play Puerto Rico? Should be a good one. --Al

I stayed up to the very end. I don't like the rule they use after the 10th but I understand why they need to use it. Tough loss for the Dutch.

Japan vs US semi-final tonight at 9. Who will play Puerto Rico? Should be a good one. --Al
Very good game, won by the US, 2-1. How weird is it that it rained the whole game, in LA, where drought has ruled for years? US vs PR for the crown, tonight at 9 EST. Will be another good one in a string of good games during this whole series. -- Al

USA! USA! Won the game 8-0 in a dominating fashion. The starting pitcher, Stroman, threw 6 innings of no-hit ball, ending up allowing 1-hit in his 6+, then the bullpen finished up. Puerto Rico had only 3 hits to the USA's 13. PR was never really in the game after the USA added 2 runs to take a 4-0 lead in the 5th. It was an entertaining series and the USA earned the title against some really good competition. -- Al

I watched last night's game. It was great, and not just because the US won.

My only regret is that I did not watch more of the games that preceded the championship.

This obviously doesn't mean as much in spring training as in the regular season but the Angels threw a no hitter tonight.

One week to go before my O's take the field!!!!!!!!!!!!! finally getting ready for some real ball!!!

I am calling it now, the Giants will break the "odd year curse" and win the World Series in 2017.

The Nat's Harper is having a good spring, 8 Hr's and 14 RBI's in his 21 games. Could be a sign he's back on track and ready to repeat his 2015 MVP season. The O's have named Gausman as their Opening Day pitcher due to Tillman's injury. One week left until it counts. :wink2: -- Al

Users who are viewing this thread

Back