Bastion Models 1890 - World War I Range Catalog (2 Viewers)

These photos are of Bastion Models set A.30 WOMENS ROYAL AIR FORCE, 1918 which recently appeared on eBay.

Attachments

• A.30 Womens Royal Air Force 1918.jpg
    A.30 Womens Royal Air Force 1918.jpg
    279 KB · Views: 244
  • A.30.jpg
    A.30.jpg
    268.2 KB · Views: 225
This Bastion Models set appeared on eBay awhile back. It is THE DUKE OF CORNWALL'S LIGHT INFANTRY. There was not a set number given in the listing and my Bastion catalog stops at set A.34, so it must be numbered above that.

Attachments

• Bastion Duke of Cornwall's Light Inf.jpg
    Bastion Duke of Cornwall's Light Inf.jpg
    244.6 KB · Views: 206
This Bastion Models set recently appeared on eBay from two different sellers. It is a set that I haven't seen since 1996 either in person at the West Coaster or Chicago toy soldier shows or on eBay. It is set A.8 SPANISH INFANTRY, 1900. The description says "These troops of King Alfanso XIII wear the distinctive Spanish headgear known as the 'Ros' and for comfort on the march, espadrille footwear."

Attachments

• A.8.jpg
    A.8.jpg
    275.8 KB · Views: 227
  • A.8 (2).jpg
    A.8 (2).jpg
    314.6 KB · Views: 235
Here are two photos of Bastion Models set A.29 WOMEN'S ROYAL NAVAL SERVICE, 1918 which recently appeared on eBay.

Attachments

• A.29 Womens Royal Naval Service, 1918.jpg
    A.29 Womens Royal Naval Service, 1918.jpg
    276.3 KB · Views: 217
  • A.29.jpg
    A.29.jpg
    262.7 KB · Views: 187
This is another unboxed Bastion Models set that recently appeared on eBay: A.32 AUSTRALIAN INFANTRY CHARGING 1915.

Attachments

• A.32 Australian Infantry Charging, 1915.jpg
    A.32 Australian Infantry Charging, 1915.jpg
    252.5 KB · Views: 204
  • A.32.jpg
    A.32.jpg
    254.5 KB · Views: 230
This unboxed Bastion Models set also recently appeared on eBay: A.33 TURKISH INFANTRY FIRING, 1915.

Attachments

• A.33 Turkish Infantry Firing, 1915.jpg
    A.33 Turkish Infantry Firing, 1915.jpg
    284.7 KB · Views: 202
  • A.33.jpg
    A.33.jpg
    265.6 KB · Views: 202
This is another Bastion Models set, A.34 TURKISH INFANTRY AT THE READY, 1915, which recently appeared on eBay.

Attachments

• A.34 Turkish Infantry at the Ready, 1915.jpg
    A.34 Turkish Infantry at the Ready, 1915.jpg
    268.7 KB · Views: 214
  • A.34.jpg
    A.34.jpg
    270.8 KB · Views: 186
This is Bastion Models set A.36 U.S. INFANTRY, 1917 in their doughboy hats.

Attachments

• A.36 US Infantry (2).JPG
    A.36 US Infantry (2).JPG
    388.3 KB · Views: 178
  • A.36 US Infantry (1).JPG
    A.36 US Infantry (1).JPG
    394.6 KB · Views: 206
This Bastion Models set of the CONNAUGHT RANGERS, 1880 is currently on eBay. It is unboxerd and no set number was given.

Attachments

• Connaught Rangerrts 1880.jpg
    Connaught Rangerrts 1880.jpg
    219.4 KB · Views: 153
This is a series that I have never seen before which can be currently found on eBay. It is called THE KING'S REGIMENT -THE PRESENTATION OF NEW COLOURS, 1993. It is designated as series number K2.

Attachments

• Presentation Kings Colours.jpg
    Presentation Kings Colours.jpg
    122.8 KB · Views: 144
  • Box Presentation set (1).jpg
    Box Presentation set (1).jpg
    164.4 KB · Views: 173
This set was recently offered on eBay identified as an unknown manufacturer, but it is clearly a Bastion Models set. It is similar to Bastion set A16 BRITISH INFANTRY MARCHING 1914 which has straight leg trousers and green web gear unlike this set which has cavalry-type trousers and khaki web gear. This set also has a red colored cap badge and a red shoulder patch unlike set A16. I don't know if this is a special paint variation of set A16 or is a catalog set in its own right. It sold for $76.75.

Attachments

• Bastion WWI British Infantry.jpg
    Bastion WWI British Infantry.jpg
    274.5 KB · Views: 151
  • Bastion.jpg
    Bastion.jpg
    263.7 KB · Views: 152
The set in the previous post is Bastion Models set A.13 World War I Royal Air Force. In the 1990s, Bastion discontinued their Zulu War sets A.12 East Kent Regiment, A.13 South Wales Borderers, and A.14 Somerset light Infantry. This is the new set A.13 which is based on the identical sculpts found in set A.25 Royal Air Force 1925 where they are wearing their post-war RAF blue. NB: This set is currently listed on eBay.

This is Bastion Models set A.53 AUSTRIAN INFANTRY IN ACTION, 1914. This is the in action version of marching set A.21 where the Austrians are wearing their 1908 Service Dress with ski caps, as they also are here.

Attachments

• 100_3989.JPG
    100_3989.JPG
    686.6 KB · Views: 129
  • 100_3990.JPG
    100_3990.JPG
    539.3 KB · Views: 131
  • 100_3991.JPG
    100_3991.JPG
    666.1 KB · Views: 135
This is Bastion Models set A.53 AUSTRIAN INFANTRY IN ACTION, 1914. This is the in action version of marching set A.21 where the Austrians are wearing their 1908 Service Dress with ski caps, as they also are here.

Dear Mike, how can i find the Bastion Models? are they still open or closed? tks for your help
Cem

Dear Mike, how can i find the Bastion Models? are they still open or closed? tks for your help
Cem

Hi Cem,

Unfortunately, I do not believe that Bastion Models is still in business. Andrew Rose was getting up there in age and may have retired. You can sometimes find them on eBay. He also had a more limited, related line called Wessex which he sculpted, but were produced by P & B Castings for him.

Mike

Hi Cem,

Unfortunately, I do not believe that Bastion Models is still in business. Andrew Rose was getting up there in age and may have retired. You can sometimes find them on eBay. He also had a more limited, related line called Wessex which he sculpted, but were produced by P & B Castings for him.

Mike

All good fellas went away! Trophy-Wilson Edward-TAW-Steadfast-Briatins-Bastion-xxxx
i am 44 years old and had no chance to have those old beauties..what a shame..

All good fellas went away! Trophy-Wilson Edward-TAW-Steadfast-Briatins-Bastion-xxxx
i am 44 years old and had no chance to have those old beauties..what a shame..

if they were in business those French army will be Turkish just by a head operation and will be perfect..

Steadfast is still in business as RP World Models, but I am not aware if they make any Turks. Giles Brown of Dorset Toy Soldiers can likely come up with Turkish troops since he has lots of different bodies and heads.

Steadfast is still in business as RP World Models, but I am not aware if they make any Turks. Giles Brown of Dorset Toy Soldiers can likely come up with Turkish troops since he has lots of different bodies and heads.

4th Hussar is right about Dorset Soldiers Cem.

If you go to the website - and then click on "European Wars" - you can see both Turkish Mounted Cavalry and Light Infantry Turkish troops on foot - in action poses, pictured.

http://www.dorsetsoldiers.com/

Cavalry shown are Turkish Lancers, Officer with drawn sword and a Trumpeter.

The Turkish Light Infantry are shown as a Standing Officer, Standing firing, Kneeling firing and another Trumpeter.

On the same page are a variety of other troops - which with appropriate head changes - and/or arm changes - could also convert some French, Prussians, Russians, Austrians, Saxon troops etc - to a variety of other poses - including artillery. All can be bought as either castings ( to paint and/or convert yourself) - or as painted specimens - if you prefer. With a few arm changes, many other poses suggest themselves. The Officer could have binoculars to eyes - drawn sword etc. Standing troops could be throwing grenades, for example - by using appropriate arm change.

So - easy enough to begin with the straightforward Turkish troops - and with a bit more thought - other conversions might follow. Have a look at WW1 pages too - as many other castings appear which might also convert to Turkish troops.

Just drop the owner, Giles Brown an e-mail - with an idea of what you would like - and he will always come back to you with more ideas - if you want.

Best of luck - Johnnybach

The set in the previous post is Bastion Models set A.13 World War I Royal Air Force. In the 1990s, Bastion discontinued their Zulu War sets A.12 East Kent Regiment, A.13 South Wales Borderers, and A.14 Somerset light Infantry. This is the new set A.13 which is based on the identical sculpts found in set A.25 Royal Air Force 1925 where they are wearing their post-war RAF blue. NB: This set is currently listed on eBay.

Although I am sure that this is new set A.13, it is most likely the Royal Flying Corps rather than the Royal Air Force.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back