Battle for Arnhem.... (2 Viewers)

Thanks Kevin, not sure seeing more of your Horsa is doing me any good, just want it more. Just have to be content looking at your diorama's which are excellent. Cheers, Robin.

Robin, the dios you post are also superb, an amazing collection. I perhaps need to repeat, much of the stuff I post is not mine - these were from a 2007 photoshoot in Louis back yard for the K&C books.

I do have four infantrymen of my own though .....

Attachments

• DD tommy patrol.jpg
    DD tommy patrol.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 267
  • img_1355-1 (Modified)red4.jpg
    img_1355-1 (Modified)red4.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 253
  • img_1403red1.jpg
    img_1403red1.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 249
  • IMG_2616red1.jpg
    IMG_2616red1.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 252
  • IMG_7582red.jpg
    IMG_7582red.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 253
Sorry Kevin posted in the wrong thred will be asking Scott to move it to it's rightful thread. As alway been enjoying your Battle of Arnhem........Joe

Sorry Kevin posted in the wrong thred will be asking Scott to move it to it's rightful thread. As alway been enjoying your Battle of Arnhem........Joe

No need to apologise Joe, thought it was my tablets ..... talking of which ... may or may not do this sometime .....

Attachments

• 463red.jpg
    463red.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 230
  • 644red.jpg
    644red.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 238
  • IMG_0253red1.jpg
    IMG_0253red1.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 223
  • IMG_6284red.jpg
    IMG_6284red.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 243
  • IMG_6490_1red.jpg
    IMG_6490_1red.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 236
Love your latest pic's Kevin and i betcha you can't wait for the new K&C releases (AK Hanomag, Sdkfz 222, EA Dingo, Matilda and troops) to arrive so you can add them to your dio's!

I can tell you that my eyes lit up when i saw the sneek peek on these releases from Rob in the K&C section!!!!!

Tom

These desert troops have a big hike to get to Holland, no wonder petrol was in short supply in WW11. Aware now Kevin you will be chasing down the new Desert items in the latest Collector issue, do not collect these, but they still look good, cheers, Robin.

Kevin, looks like the Arnhem releases will be with us in the first few months of next year, talking to Andy at the weekend they sound good my friend, more pic opportunities for you mate!{bravo}}

Rob

Love your latest pic's Kevin and i betcha you can't wait for the new K&C releases (AK Hanomag, Sdkfz 222, EA Dingo, Matilda and troops) to arrive so you can add them to your dio's!

I can tell you that my eyes lit up when i saw the sneek peek on these releases from Rob in the K&C section!!!!!

Tom

These desert troops have a big hike to get to Holland, no wonder petrol was in short supply in WW11. Aware now Kevin you will be chasing down the new Desert items in the latest Collector issue, do not collect these, but they still look good, cheers, Robin.

Kevin, looks like the Arnhem releases will be with us in the first few months of next year, talking to Andy at the weekend they sound good my friend, more pic opportunities for you mate!{bravo}}

Rob

Let's see

German Flak in Holland - courtesy of photoshoot with Lurchio a few years ago

285red.jpg286red.jpg300red.jpg

The problem of attacking on such a narrow front with a long tail back, was the possibility of flank attacks by the Germans cutting off the supply route and reinforcements.

Every minute of advance meant two miles of exposed flanks.
The column came under regular attack from the flanks.

1026red.jpg

1005red.jpg

1070red.jpg

John, from an expert like yourself I am honoured

30 corps still ambling up the yellow brick ... sorry Hell's Highway. Hot out there ... 216123red.jpg

18965red.jpg 10633red.jpg 1004red.jpg 1016red.jpg

Re: battle for arnhem....

Kevin-

you are a man outta time!!! The addition of the narration changes the DIORAMA to a DIODRAMA!!

Terribly well done sir- I raise my pint to you!!!

STANDS ALONE!!
CC

http://www.treefrogtreasures.com/forum/showthread.php?6392-Battle-for-Arnhem/page16

I was looking at another thread, this was the first time I ever heard of diodrama - I thought Chris invented the term?

It reminds me the narrative has failed (health reasons), but anyway

1080red.jpg lost again Chivers?

367265red.jpg 463287red.jpg

30 corps medium battery royal artillery supporting the advance.

337276red.jpg

AA gun reacts to Luftwaffe sorties, more than expected in this campaign

IMG_7550red2.jpg IMG_7656gred1.jpg

Re: battle for arnhem....

I was looking at another thread, this was the first time I ever heard of diodrama - I thought Chris invented the term?

It reminds me the narrative has failed (health reasons), but anyway

Cheers to that mate!! {sm4}

Users who are viewing this thread

Back