Beja and wounded camel (1 Viewer)

aujj65

Colonel
Just got this set this morning and thought others might be interested in having a closer look.

The camel is resin and imho the level of sculpting and fine paintwork is the usual top notch from JJD.

In my haste I forgot to take the spear and shield out of the box before I took these photos, I would have retaken them but my wife has gone out with the camera.

Anyway, a nice addition to my Sudan collection.

Jeff

Attachments

• cam3.jpg
    cam3.jpg
    119.2 KB · Views: 276
  • cam2.jpg
    cam2.jpg
    128.5 KB · Views: 261
  • cam1.jpg
    cam1.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 264
It does look good. I'm awaiting some Mahdists on foot (well, via the post but they're not on horseback) but haven't made my mind up about the Beja yet. They look good but they'll be on the same shelf as my Conte Zulu which is why I've plumped for the more colourful Mahdists.

Hoping for a Mahdist on a camel, not just the horse, but then:

1. My board would have to get bigger
2. It would have to move shelves away from the Zulus
3. I'd then have no excuse not to throw in a few Beja
4. No money for Jacobites!

Very nice Jeff {bravo}}.....maybe could do with a gloss varnish^&grin:tongue:

Cheers

Martyn:)

I have this set but would have to say the camel looks dead. I too overlooked the spear in the box and only retrieved it when I saw a picture. It's a nicely done set. Chris

Well I do not like the fact the camel is dead, I hate the fact animals get caught up in man's battles, but that's the reality. I read that the camels would take bullets with no regard as if they were annoying flies and keep going until they simply dropped. This figure brings realism to the battle scene. Thanks for displaying. Cheers, Robin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back