Big boy’s games… big boy’s rules (1 Viewer)

Interesting thread.

I did not think I was a "Loyalist." So, I will not be dumping any K&C products into the Boston Harbor anytime soon (Maybe Lake Michigan it is closer).:D

Also, I hope that Andy continues to sell toy soldiers.

Let's not turn this thread into "Americans" against the "Crown.":(

Brian
Hopefully not Brian, especially given that figures of the Crown's soldiers are such a treat to collect.:D

MajorDad...

I think other company's do make their dealers stick to pricing policy. its just that much has come out this week and I think had anyone of these issues happened singularly they would have been no real big deal its just they are all kind of linked and have come all in a very short space of time. K&C has a policy and its the one for his company so, thats where collectors are at.

I don't think a boycott would generate enough interest to even worry K&C and would only hurt the dealers who have already paid for stock. I know one poster was restricted for calling for boycotts so, I don't think you should necessarily go down that road and not at least face the same sanction.

Its really a storm in a tea cup as nobody really knows the facts of what really happened at the show to get as heated
Mitch

The more I read about this issue the more the “American” in me becomes irritated. It feels like the “Crown” is dictating to us, and we know how well that went over the first time. Can you imagine what the out cry would be if every manufacture used the same policy as Andy. One price’ no sales, no dealing. Take it or leave it. Come to think about it, the company’s name King & Country hits close to home. While the dealers may have chains, we the buyers do not. Maybe we should band together, show some discipline and not buy the Crown's product for a while. Will we effect a change in policy or will Andy just stop selling toy soldiers ? I doubt that he will stop selling toy soldiers but if that happens, there are more then enough companies that will step up to fill the void. That is just the American way.

Interesting thread.

I did not think I was a "Loyalist." So, I will not be dumping any K&C products into the Boston Harbor anytime soon (Maybe Lake Michigan it is closer).:D

Brian

I don't contribute to this site much but this thread has struck a chord for me.

I don't believe this is a case of Americans vs the Crown, but I do feel that Andy is possibly ignoring the Presumption of Innocence principle and applying the "Guilty until proven innocent" stance against the dealers.

Andy...I certainly hope you got ALL the facts in this case before incorporating your King and Country Law aka "big boy's rule" book! Otherwise you may start to lose more than just those 2 dealers.

Customers will vote with their wallets. K&C is currently the undisputed leader in this fragmented industry.
Look at the competition, however, they are making inroads and will ultimately give K&C a run for their money. K&C will upgrade and be creative in their marketing or certainly lose market share.
Collector's Showcase (CS) just released a gorgeous King Tiger with several variants and accessories. They are selling for $179 while K&C's price was $225 and going up.
First Legion is expanding their WWII range as well and while pricing is higher their quality is on a whole new level. Figarti is offering great products and limited editions (shock and awe) that are turning heads.
John Jenkins has proved to be a future force as well and is now venturing into armor and aviation.
We have choices so we now can influence the direction of our hobby like never before.

Andy...I certainly hope you got ALL the facts in this case before incorporating your King and Country Law aka "big boy's rule" book! Otherwise you may start to lose more than just those 2 dealers.

I agree....I Hope all the facts were examined and considered.....Hope So.......because....Buyers of K/C products also have their own rule book....

Customers will vote with their wallets. K&C is currently the undisputed leader in this fragmented industry.
Look at the competition, however, they are making inroads and will ultimately give K&C a run for their money. K&C will upgrade and be creative in their marketing or certainly lose market share.
Collector's Showcase (CS) just released a gorgeous King Tiger with several variants and accessories. They are selling for $179 while K&C's price was $225 and going up.
First Legion is expanding their WWII range as well and while pricing is higher their quality is on a whole new level. Figarti is offering great products and limited editions (shock and awe) that are turning heads.
John Jenkins has proved to be a future force as well and is now venturing into armor and aviation.
We have choices so we now can influence the direction of our hobby like never before.

Quite True....There is no longer a captive audience

This...is a very good post...competition usually dictates changes....

The more I read about this issue the more the “American” in me becomes irritated. It feels like the “Crown” is dictating to us, and we know how well that went over the first time. Can you imagine what the out cry would be if every manufacture used the same policy as Andy. One price’ no sales, no dealing. Take it or leave it. Come to think about it, the company’s name King & Country hits close to home. While the dealers may have chains, we the buyers do not. Maybe we should band together, show some discipline and not buy the Crown's product for a while. Will we effect a change in policy or will Andy just stop selling toy soldiers ? I doubt that he will stop selling toy soldiers but if that happens, there are more then enough companies that will step up to fill the void. That is just the American way.

I presume when you say crown you imply UK queen and as imply that K&C is a UK company?

Infact K&C is a Hong Kong registered Business and Hong Kong is no longer in the commonwealth and as such it is HK & C thats the "English" in me just pointing it out, now lets hug!

Tony

K&C United Kingdom

Seriously, is this some sort of Joke?.Is the author ACTUALLY comparing a price rise from a Toy Soldier company to the American revolution?.Large dose of perspective needed here me thinks. No one has to buy anything, I don't think issues of race should be brought into these conversations.
Rob

Last edited by a moderator:
We've been around this industry for a while, so a few comments:

I could give an extensive list of dealers that have been dropped by various manufacturers for discounting. This is definitely not just a K&C issue...this is how the business side of toy solders is run, so while this may have been more public than other situations, it's the way business is run.

Also, K&C will not drop a dealer based on innuendo or accusation. They must have documentation, which they apparently had in these cases.

So...people are free to buy from whatever company you wish, but to 'quit buying from K&C because of their policies' seems a bit naive.

Seriously, is this some sort of Joke?.Is the author ACTUALLY comparing a price rise from a Toy Soldier company to the American revolution?.Large dose of perspective needed here me thinks. No one has to buy anything, I don't think issues of race should be brought into these conversations.
Rob
Many of us still love the old country Rob but I must agree that taxation without representation and race are just a tad more serious.;)

Many of us still love the old country Rob but I must agree that taxation without representation and race are just a tad more serious.;)

Bill I simply cannot believe an adult would try and link a price rise in Toy Soldiers by a Britsh person with the American revolution. He's actually suggesting that Andy is trying oppress Americans with the price rise!. Its like saying that everyone in this country think that the Dukes of Hazard was such a horrible programme that you sent it over here because of the revolution!.

Honestly its hilarious!

THEY ARE JUST TOY SOLDIERS!!!

Bill I simply cannot believe an adult would try and link a price rise in Toy Soldiers by a Britsh person with the American revolution. He's actually suggesting that Andy is trying oppress Americans with the price rise!. Its like saying that everyone in this country think that the Dukes of Hazard was such a horrible programme that you sent it over here because of the revolution!.

Honestly its hilarious!

THEY ARE JUST TOY SOLDIERS!!!
Now Rob, please don't bring up our television exports; God knows what messages about us we send to the world with so many of those.:eek::D

do not put much on the forum as i feel it has 'growth into a K & C mouthpiece and believe many people are apologises for K & C.

but anyway I am expecting a knock on my door as I have recently been to the USA and have been buying cheaper K & C.

Example to all our friendsin the North American colonies,

New Flak 41

USA $199.99
UK £199.99 - at todays rate $324.00

Wow!! That is unreal. You could actually buy on line for less than that.

I also doubt any of us American guys would mind helping you out and send them to you. Air mail isn't that costly.

Interesting thread.

Brian

Before anyone starts dumping their figures in the drink..... Anyone wanna make me a deal?;););););););)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back