Gunn Miniatures

Command Sergeant Major
boer 3.jpg

boer 4.jpg

In Action Against the British

boer 5.jpg

boer 6.jpg

boer 7.jpg

We hope you enjoyed the pictures, that's it for this week guys, we will be in touch in the very near future with our November release figure news.

For now its adieu from the Team @ Gunn

Dear All

Welcome to a preview of some new figures for our Boer War series. For those of you on the look out for new Zulu War releases, these are also imminent and should be here in the very near future.

boer 1 .jpg

Three New Boer Commando

boer 2.jpg

you could use for Zulu war ( I will ) if you are not too bothered about total historical accuracy
for example the rifle is clearly much later than 1879 and the brighter European clothing was not common until the later Boer war period ( in 1879 the boers or colonials which these could represent would be more in shades of brown ) these look a bit to smart
plus more likely wearing boots and spurs .But fortunately the correct style of bandolier instead of the later type so that's useful.

also the horses seem to have some items of tack missing ?? the strap across the chest to hold the saddle in position for example

but great figures and I may repaint one and give him a re modelled shotgun or Zulu war period carbine and put one in charge of my NNC

These look great figures and what a smart looking diorama. I just need the three mounted Boers and a nice Perspex case as I have the base, wagon and Scottish troops. So I hope TG does not mind me copying?

Gary

These look great figures and what a smart looking diorama. I just need the three mounted Boers and a nice Perspex case as I have the base, wagon and Scottish troops. So I hope TG does not mind me copying?

Gary

Go ahead and fill your boots Gary!

I like these new Boer Mounted Troops, however not something I would buy unless some Aussie Troops were produced for this conflict.

Do Gunn Minatures intend to make some Aussies for the Boer War range?

Dear All

Welcome to a preview of some new figures for our Boer War series. For those of you on the look out for new Zulu War releases, these are also imminent and should be here in the very near future.

View attachment 292214

Three New Boer Commando

View attachment 292215

I like these new Boer Mounted Troops, however not something I would buy unless some Aussie Troops were produced for this conflict.

Do Gunn Minatures intend to make some Aussies for the Boer War range?

Yes the idea of these mounted Boers was so that could be in combat/being chased by mounted Aussies, which will make an appearance next year.

Terrific, another Aussie range to add to my collection.

Would be interesting to see a Breaker Morant figure.

Matt, what troops would you like, Colonial units or Australian from post Federation?

Then there are the 'British' units like Bushveldt Carbineers (with Breaker Morant) which was 40% Aussie .....!

John

Matt, what troops would you like, Colonial units or Australian from post Federation?

Then there are the 'British' units like Bushveldt Carbineers (with Breaker Morant) which was 40% Aussie .....!

John

All of them John :wink2:

All of them John :wink2:

Yes, and if they looked much like the troopers that are sculpted for our own Boer War Memorial in Canberra, they could most useful.

Here are a couple of my pics taken in 2018.

boer1.jpg

boer2.jpg

No need for a particular unit be labelled, just Australian just 'Mounted Rifles' or 'Imperial Bushmen' or 'Bushman Regiment' and then the individual can prefix that with the name of the Colony. Then following federation they could all be 'Australian Commonwealth Horse'

This site has heaps of information, images all about that conflict from an Aussie pint of view, so check it out here: http://www.bwm.org.au/index.php

See the memorial here on Google StreetView https://goo.gl/maps/EhgQU93npJWBXCHe8

John

Yes, and if they looked much like the troopers that are sculpted for our own Boer War Memorial in Canberra, they could most useful.

View attachment 292396

View attachment 292397

No need for a particular unit be labelled, just Australian just 'Mounted Rifles' or 'Imperial Bushmen' or 'Bushman Regiment' and then the individual can prefix that with the name of the Colony. Then following federation they could all be 'Australian Commonwealth Horse'

This site has heaps of information, images all about that conflict from an Aussie pint of view, so check it out here: http://www.bwm.org.au/index.php

See the memorial here on Google StreetView https://goo.gl/maps/EhgQU93npJWBXCHe8

John

Great ideas John, and that Memorial looks cool. Last time I was in Canberra was for the King and Country trip. The highlight for me was seeing Lancaster G-George that my Father flew in a few times on non-operational flights.

View attachment 292396

View attachment 292397

John
That is an amazing memorial. Looks so realistic

That is an amazing memorial. Looks so realistic

Yes, most realistic, 1:1 scale figures !!!

This is the inscription on the monument with words from one of our iconic poets:

Boer War 1899 - 1902

When the dash and the excitement and the novelty are dead,
And you've seen a load of wounded once or twice.
Or you've watched your old mate dying - with the vultures overhead,
Well, you wonder if the war is worth the price.

And down along Monaro now they`re starting out to shear.
I can picture the excitement and the row ;
But they`ll miss me on the Lachlan when they call the roll this year,
For we`re going on a long job now.

A. B. Paterson 1902

The monument shows Australian troopers mounted on horses breaking through the trees of ANZAC Parade. The significance of the four troopers is that they represent a four-man section, a formation for fighting and patrolling. When they went into combat, three men would dismount while the fourth would lead the horses to cover. Letters from veteran Frederick Harper Booth are at the feet of the horses.

John

Users who are viewing this thread

Back