Bored Tonight...Post a Diorama, LOL (2 Viewers)

Attachments

• DSC00510.JPG
    DSC00510.JPG
    92.6 KB · Views: 788
Here are some of my austrain conversions.

Attachments

• DSC00422.JPG
    DSC00422.JPG
    92.8 KB · Views: 750
These are some of the many austrains I have converted and painted. I have many more if I ever get around to painting them.

Attachments

• DSC00429.JPG
    DSC00429.JPG
    83.7 KB · Views: 743
Last edited:
Great thread and great dioramas :) - will they get posted in the album for easy reference?:cool:

Nice painted plastic Fishead:

I can really appreciate plastic toy soldiers, that’s are how I got into it with Marx's back into the 60's with such playsets like "Battleground", "The Desert Fox", etc. Have you seen TSSD's painted plastic? How do you like them?

I hear he has some more being debuted on March 5, 2006, at the West Coaster, in Irvine, CA.

Anyway, here are my additions to the thread for today, how about some from you guys...LOL

5A.jpg 33A.jpg

Carlos

Cool stuf guys, Carlos your WW2 stuf is as good as it gets and the TSSD WW2 troops are pretty darn good especially when painted.

Fishhead, I love your Austrians/Hungarians. Nice conversions, now I have some more ideas!I have 160 Italeri Austrian infantry I just got done cleaning the seams + another 40 of those Russian made 1805 Russian Grenadiers. all going to a painting service. I'm too lazy and brokedown to even start.I'll work on the artillery and cavalry.

Great stuf gang. WHats next people?
Heres some ZUlu action
fubar

Attachments

• zulu5.jpg
    zulu5.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 781
More Zulu Action.
" At 100 yards, Present!" Too late they're on us!

Giant goblin looking on is my 11 year old boy.He only likes WW2 Germans.Thinks everything else is boring.

FUBAR

Attachments

• zulu3.jpg
    zulu3.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 4,036
Too bad all these troops sit stored away in their clear plastic tubbs most of the time.My kid and I played sword and the flame rourkes drift 1 time, and I took it to a convention in Seattle last spring.

Wargame tonite with an old friend from the hood . He was the only one of my redneck hardcase buds that ever thought this stuf was cool.My opponent from 20 years ago.He was here 2 years ago and we played LOTR and WW2 Pacific.
AWI tonite. I'm in a Napoleonic mood but the tables already set up for AWI. I have all those Alamo and SW style buldings and walls and want to do a Peninsula set up but that would take all day switching it all around so we'll have to wait for those images.
FUBAR

Attachments

• zulu4.jpg
    zulu4.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 1,934
Fubar,

That is simply wonderful!

This is why this thread is so cool; it gives us diorama nuts a place to exhibit our imaginations in scales larger than vignettes.

The Zulu battle is probably you're best scene posted in this thread so far. Now the Seleucids, Carthaginians and Romans were good to.

How about the rest of you guys,

Carlos

Thanks Carlos! It's kind of fun playing miniature battles with a themed DVD going at the same time! Watch ZULU, Play ZULU!
I bought a combined 24" tv/DVD/VHS and have it in my garage/warroom.ALways play a video while we game.
Pacific, we watch Sands of Iwo Jima or Windtalkers,ACW it's Gettysburg or one of my countless documenteries.Ect, ect.
Now, If I just had a big enough table and some more bodies around with the time and energy for Waterloo!A series of games would be needed.I have the troops for just about every aspect of the battle.Just not the commitment for all the logistics!
Come on guys, lets see something of yours.More inspirational images from you all!
FUBAR:D

Attachments

• sgtewart.jpg
    sgtewart.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 737
Guys keep posting it all looks great!!!!:) I wish I had more room and time to finish the things I,ve started half of the figures that were in the pictures I posted I haven,t even finished painting. I,m not a good painter and it takes me a long time to finish each figure but its still alot of fun. Its one thing to buy a pre painted figure they look great(better than what I can do) but you get a great feeling from the stuff you did yourself. The more you do it the better you get and to me building my own stuff is more fun than just buying pre made stuff. Carlos I love the plastic conte stuff and if you look close at the photo of the cival war stuff i mixed some of the pre painted conte figures you were talking about with the ones I painted. I think they are great and i hope your correct about the new ones that are coming out. And great stuff carlos please post some more photos. And fubar you should have your own web site with your photos I love them keep posting. I hope that some day i,ll have the talent time and patience to do what you have done. I have more austrains half painted and lots of other napoleonics, French dutch belgains brunswickers british and a few others if i get around to painting them i,ll post them here at some point.here are a few pictures of some of them at the half painted state.

Attachments

• DSC00430.JPG
    DSC00430.JPG
    89.2 KB · Views: 632
  • DSC00431.JPG
    DSC00431.JPG
    70.7 KB · Views: 629
  • DSC00433.JPG
    DSC00433.JPG
    90.8 KB · Views: 616
  • DSC00434.JPG
    DSC00434.JPG
    72.6 KB · Views: 583
  • DSC00452.JPG
    DSC00452.JPG
    92.8 KB · Views: 628
Nice fishead, I like your imagination converting the Austrians.I have only switched heads on about 1/2 dozen infantry to shakos.Have a few Russians done. Some Hussars out of Jean hofler and helmet kits .Also have 8 Dragoons { timpo french helmeted cav painted as russian dragoons on imex and italeri horses.
Austrian Cavalry I keep pondering but havent done anything with them.

The image is of my tiny russian force thats actually done. Cav are my conversions, Grenadiers are Niena and the gun and crew from Frontline.

I have 10 1812 Russian Grenadiers sculpted and ready for the molds to be made.So there will at least be some kits available for you in a couple months fishead.I'd do them in plastic If I knew where to go and who to contact.
Maybe resin like Barzo mihgt be the way to go.
FUBAR

Attachments

• russians1812start.jpg
    russians1812start.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 711
Here is the first of three pictures a 1/35 Krupp truck. Leadmen

Attachments

• GermansWide.jpg
    GermansWide.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 794

Users who are viewing this thread

Back