Bored Tonight...Post a Diorama, LOL (2 Viewers)

You guys got some nice dioramas and set-ups. I enjoyed looking at the pics. Working on a wwl set up but not a diorama. Still got more camera stuff to learn- seems harder using a Mac. I get bored trying to fiddle with camera. Fubar the pics and scenes are awesome. I will never get to that level. I think everyone is showing some neat stuff. John

Fubar, Leadmen, and all others,

Your dioramas blow me away! I especially appreciate seeing some of your creativity being applied to events other than WW II. The Rorke's Drift diorama is absolutely outstanding! My compliments to you all! Keep up the good work! And, if you will, keep those postings coming!

Warm regards,

Pat

Here is the start of WWI pics... John

Attachments

• LeadmenWWI07.jpg
    LeadmenWWI07.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 689
Good job Leadman,

Seldom do we see WWI dioramas. Are those Britains?

Here are another one of mine. This one was slapped together on my desk. Yes, that is a bath towel base but most of the diorama stuff is from Build-A-Rama with some JG, Conte and FOV. Can you tell which ones can from which company? LOL

A.jpg B.jpg

C.jpg D.jpg

Keep them coming guys, I’m building a monstrous size diorama in my second room now.

Carlos

Last edited:
Not a very good photo but one of the few small enough to fit. I have a question about snow effects - Here I have just set up a material which gives the depth I'm looking for but risks looking like soap suds - what is best to use for snow effect?

Attachments

• IMG_2977d.jpg
    IMG_2977d.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 611
panda1gen said:
Not a very good photo but one of the few small enough to fit. I have a question about snow effects - Here I have just set up a material which gives the depth I'm looking for but risks looking like soap suds - what is best to use for snow effect?
http://www.network54.com/Forum/78970/ this is a web site that will really help with diorama building. As for your snow scroll down to #30 called let it snow. _________________________________________________________________TIM

As for your other problem about your pictures being to large, if you have windows this is an easy fix. All you have to do is right click on the photo thats to large and then look for edit and click on that it will bring you to a place were you can do all kinds of things to your photos add text paint reduce ect,ect, look up in the top left hand corner you will see file, edit, image, click on image and a screen will pop up, click on srtech skew and another will pop up. there will be a strech with horizontal and vertical with a 100% in it that is ajustable just bring down the number say to 50% for ex. that will cut the picture size in half. just rember that you have to do the same thing to the vertical as well(reduce to 50%also)you my not need to reduce this munch you can start with maybe 90% and this may be enough if not just do it again but remember that you have already reduced the picture so the next time you reduce you may not need to reduce as munch. I hope this helps and I have not confused you.

Attachments

• DSC00330.JPG
    DSC00330.JPG
    88.4 KB · Views: 649
Dear Fishhead - thanks, but had a problem opening the website - will try to find another way.

Pics look good. I like the winter stuff, Napoleonics and wwll. I don't have any K&C or Conte paras but just some old Airfix and plastic Conte stuff. I wish I had room for a large diorama. Cleaning cabinets so I took some pics. Not easy with two injured thumbs. Only droped one diorama and a few figures.... so far. John

Attachments

• LeadmenWWI40.jpg
    LeadmenWWI40.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 1,649
WWl Figures are Britains, Fusilier, Tradition, old Marx 60mm, some Risley, Monarch, Starlux, and Musket miniatures painted castings (old DJ miniatures. Form tech bunker. John ( a mixed bag).

Attachments

• LeadmenWWI19.jpg
    LeadmenWWI19.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 482
one more. John

Attachments

• LeadmenWWI19.jpg
    LeadmenWWI19.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 490
Might made mistake- too large. J

Attachments

• LeadmenWWI28.jpg
    LeadmenWWI28.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 488
Last one for now. J

Attachments

• LeadmenWWI24.jpg
    LeadmenWWI24.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 491
Cool stuf people!
I like it all!

FUBAR

Attachments

• acwirishch3.jpg
    acwirishch3.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 496
Fubar-- Pics look good- did you have a Rev War over weekend? Now you can start on Rev. Guys. Get out brushes and paints. I am too lazy to start anything. Love Zulu stuff. J like it all!

Leadmen, No we didnt. Turned into a BS session which was fine.Still looking for troops for AWI.
Not painting much. I have some AIP figures for the period and I might actually paint a couple .

FUBAR

Attachments

• wilderness11.jpg
    wilderness11.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 491
Here's one I did earlier, like the K&K sp series backgrounds and use them all the time.

Attachments

• IMG_1458.JPG
    IMG_1458.JPG
    90.5 KB · Views: 471
Leadman, nice WWI Britians grouping. I wondered what all of them would look like together. To bad there isn't enough money to do them all. I like the hospital set up with the ambulance. Michael

Thanks Michael: I got more wwl pics but I will wait awhile. Doing a plastic set up now- really cheesy. Marx town- gunfighters- western characters and of course Roy/Dale- Lone Ranger- Rip Masters and of course Zorro. Never know what you find cleaning out boxes and cabinets. I might do Indians next with old Britains western guys or Sudan. This is work emptying cabinets so I can clean Glass. John

Users who are viewing this thread

Back