Boudicca, Queen of the Iceni (1 Viewer)

Excellent! Love that chariot and the Queen looks great.

Cheers Rob :salute::

Doesn't she just look Wonderful !

She just arrived today and so I've just done a quick little set up of her and the JJD Iceni warriors in full revenge on the Romans mode, but so far only using JJD Iceni figures TG and K&C have some suitable figures to join in the mayhem !
On unpacking, I noticed a couple of tiny spots of missing paint on the underside of the Chariot, a little annoying but not worth stressing about.
Hopefully John will expand the Iceni range a lot further !

Outstanding, Steve!:salute::

Thank you Louis, but I think it would look better if Rob was to do some of his photoshopping on the photo and have the scene set in the evening with dark night sky being broken by Orange flames from fires !

She is a great addition to your Ancients collection Steve. Congratulations . . .

Mikr

A lovely addition Steve for your collection. That is a great scene with the Queen. Sorry to read you found a couple of paint chips on your new set. I've one TGM Celt which has him in melee with a 9th Legionnaire. I love him for his woading and the mythical bird design on the shield.

Cheers,
Grey

She is a great addition to your Ancients collection Steve. Congratulations . . .

Mikr

Thanks Mike :salute::

Yes I'm certainly pleased to have her !

John's certainly done a great job with this almost mythic Heroine of ancient British History, though later Roman descriptions have her as a Redhead, but then you can't believe all the Romans would have you believe !

A lovely addition Steve for your collection. That is a great scene with the Queen. Sorry to read you found a couple of paint chips on your new set. I've one TGM Celt which has him in melee with a 9th Legionnaire. I love him for his woading and the mythical bird design on the shield.

Cheers,
Grey

Thanks Grey :salute::

Yes she and the Iceni will once more be in revolt of the Romans in what I'm sure will be many scenes !

Unfortunately finding chips or other defects can be a disappointment and happens with lots of manufacturers.
This I can live with, I recently had another issue with a K&C VN set with the Cavalry hat being on crooked. Though they kindly offered to change it, return postage would of made a costly expense, so I had a go at filing and repainting. Not really satisfactory, but what can you do that doesn't involve making it an expensive exercise.
I've also had problems with First Legion too, mostly Napoleonic's !

Yes TGM have done some excellent enemies of Rome, though never enough I'm afraid for a convincing force to oppose their Romans unless you do a bit of mix and match with them.

Last edited:
Excellent set up, looking at the figures, i do not think they are 'Peaceful Protesters', I've mixed mine with some Thomas Gunn figures as well, but wish John will revisit this range.

Excellent set up, looking at the figures, i do not think they are 'Peaceful Protesters', I've mixed mine with some Thomas Gunn figures as well, but wish John will revisit this range.

Well, I think you can rule out Just Stop Oil or Extinction Rebellion protesters in this case !:tongue:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back