Britains AZW - Stock Photos v ACtual Photos (1 Viewer)

Gazza

Staff Sergeant
Guys

This year when I saw the Collectors Club figure for AZW I was not overly impressed and thought about whether or not to keep my membership. I had the same opinion about 20035. Pics are below.

50038C.jpg

20035%20LR.jpg

However, I decide to get the club figure and am glad that I did because I think it's good. SO I then also ordered 20035 and again - it's a good figure.

P1030891 (600x800).jpg

P1030892 (600x800).jpg

P1030893 (600x800).jpg

Really think W Britains need to sharpen up this aspect because they do not do justice to their figures.

Gazza

Here they are in my dio to show how they look far better than stock pics.

P1030881 (800x600).jpg

P1030882 (800x600).jpg

P1030883 (800x600).jpg

Gazza

These pictures remind me of Zulu Dawn a bit. When they are pouring down the hill towards the camp, the sun hits their shields and you can tell which are made of hide and which are not because they gleam!

The shield on 20035 is excellent because it actually looks like hide. The Collectors Club figure looks like he is carrying a Zulu Dawn shiny shield!

The early figures are head and shoulders above the latest offerings in terms of quality of finish.

Somebody said a while ago that Britains figures look toylike (well they are toy soldiers aren't they:rolleyes2:)but I think they are very good.
Mark

Anyone else notice the actual Zulu figure 20035 is slightly different to the one in the catalogue picture ?

Cheers

Martyn:)

Anyone else notice the actual Zulu figure 20035 is slightly different to the one in the catalogue picture ?

Cheers

The catalogue picture features him wearing a single white feather{eek3}{eek3}^&confuse^&confuse

Last edited:
You got it in one Joe {bravo}}{bravo}}{bravo}}

Cheers mate

Martyn

Good spot - just noticed this myself.

Have to say I do like this figures and they go well in the dio - just think they need to improve the stock pics as they do not do them justice.

Gazza

Martyn

Good spot - just noticed this myself.

Have to say I do like this figures and they go well in the dio - just think they need to improve the stock pics as they do not do them justice.

Gazza

That is a nice dio Gazza {bravo}}

After you posted your pictures you had me checking my figures to find my one, I couldn't find it, I found an early Zulu with the feather (20005) then I realised Britains had released the 20035 figure without a feather:redface2:

Cheers

Guys

This year when I saw the Collectors Club figure for AZW I was not overly impressed and thought about whether or not to keep my membership. I had the same opinion about 20035. Pics are below.

View attachment 102733

View attachment 102732

However, I decide to get the club figure and am glad that I did because I think it's good. SO I then also ordered 20035 and again - it's a good figure.

View attachment 102734

View attachment 102735

View attachment 102736

Really think W Britains need to sharpen up this aspect because they do not do justice to their figures.

Gazza

Painting looks good to me . My issue with this figure is the facial features. He does not look like any Zulu I have seen in photos . In fact he looks like the head could be a anglo painted in dark tones. Is a different sculptor doing these?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back