Britains Westcoaster 2012 (1 Viewer)

joesgis

2nd Lieutenant
There wasn't quite as much new WB items on display this year, although as always, WB has a huge show presence among the many vendors. The Nile Gun Boat sure seems to be a big hit, and it sure is impressive to say the least! The pics I shot of WB though are of the forthcoming WWI British figures previewed at the show. They look every bit as good if not better in the flesh than they do in their new catalog.

P1100588-1.jpg

P1100579.jpg

P1100587.jpg

P1100584.jpg

P1100581.jpg

P1100580.jpg

P1100582.jpg

P1100586.jpg

P1100589.jpg

P1100590.jpg

Thanks for taking the time to post the photos, they sure do look good set up on the trench! Was there none of the new glossy figures on display?

Cheers Craig

Great pics of the new WWI releases . . . . much appreciated since I will be adding the WB WWI range to my overall TS collection in 2012. ACW will continue to be my main interest though . . . .
:smile2: Mike

Great figures...almost caved in to the temptation to start a WWI collection...but WWII and and the ACW are all my Credit Card can bear!!!!.
guess i will just have to admire from a distance. Thanks for posting.

Steve

Does anybody know the size of the new trenchs? Got somewhere in mind to sneak one into my room but not sure if it will fit!

Cheers Craig

Does anybody know the size of the new trenchs? Got somewhere in mind to sneak one into my room but not sure if it will fit!

Cheers Craig

each set is 11 INCH W X 18.50 INCH D X 3.4 INCH H. Hope you can squeeze it in. Cheers, Robin.

Joe mate,
Thanks for the great photos. Sorry I missed enjoying a cold beer with you this year. Great reporting on all manufacturers. These World War I "Too and Froms" will convert nicely with a boot paint job to Aussies.^&grin Many thanks Richard.
Cheers Howard

Thanks Robin should just be able to squeeze it in with a little rearanging! & Scott you do have a point what use do beds really have anyway haha

Craig

I think I know where my next pay check is going!^&grin I noticed one of the guys is a little cross eyed, suppose its the shell shock!

These pics show the detail of the trench groundwork better than the web page and catalogue. The bottles and cans etc add realism.

I think I know where my next pay check is going!^&grin I noticed one of the guys is a little cross eyed, suppose its the shell shock!

I'm glad somebody else mentioned the faces as I didn't want to be the first to dampen the party. One guy looks horribly bug-eyed and in general I am not happy with the faces. Did a different sculptor do these?

Remember these are pre production and as each one is hand painted they will all appear a little different.

Joe mate,
Thanks for the great photos. Sorry I missed enjoying a cold beer with you this year. Great reporting on all manufacturers. These World War I "Too and Froms" will convert nicely with a boot paint job to Aussies.^&grin Many thanks Richard.
Cheers Howard

Hi Howard, You are very welcome!! I missed your wild energy at the show....where does all the energy come from?!?! I simply cannot keep up with you! It would be great if you could come to the 2013 Westcoaster so we can enjoy a soothing beverage as we bounce around the halls. Aren't the new WW1 Brits (easily convertible to Aussies w/ a little Vallejo cavalry brown paint :tongue:) incredible? Just brilliant figures. I've already pre-ordered most of the limited sets, including the very limited set that is available only from across the pond. Thanks again for the kind words and have fun when Andy comes to town!! Joe

These pics show the detail of the trench groundwork better than the web page and catalogue. The bottles and cans etc add realism.

The gun emplacement was the same in studio version.

The production version was therefore a disappointment. As the detail wasn't painted in. Totally lost.

I assume to save money.

The gun emplacement was the same in studio version.

The production version was therefore a disappointment. As the detail wasn't painted in. Totally lost.

I assume to save money.

Is the broken green bottle and the brown bottle not painted on yours, it is on the one I have. The tin cans for the most part look like tin cans in the mud.

Donnie

The gun emplacement I have is all finished . . . green bottle, tan bottle, etc . . . . Not disappointed in it at all . . . . .
:smile2: Mike

Users who are viewing this thread

Back