Britians At the London Soldier Show (1 Viewer)

graycap

Staff Sergeant
On their stand Britains had on display their new 1916 Britsh infantry and trench systems. Very impressive they looked "in the flesh" too. The photos in the catalgue don't do them full justice. Evidently work is proceeding on the German OFOR for release either at the end of 2012/ early 2013. Evidently the British infantry will start to be released from May onwards. I thought perhaps Britains might wait till July for the anniversary.

Here you go guys, can't tell you how much I like these sets, superb stuff and I'm in;

025-2.jpg

024-2.jpg

023-2.jpg

022.jpg

021-1.jpg

Agree with Rob

That Somme dio drew an enormous crowd of punters-had to await my turn to view it up close. Studying WWI is my second hobby and I am sorely tempted to.............{eek3}{eek3}{eek3}

Reb

Must say how impressed overall with Britains I was yesterday. Since Toy Army Workshop ceased trading I've been looking for a different era side collection to my main WW2 collecting, and I've found it with Britains. I love three of their ranges in particular, American Civil War, Zulu Wars and WW1. I'm going to be building up a Britains collection over the coming years and very much look forward to it and also joining the collectors club.

Rob

Agree with Rob

That Somme dio drew an enormous crowd of punters-had to await my turn to view it up close. Studying WWI is my second hobby and I am sorely tempted to.............{eek3}{eek3}{eek3}

Reb

Superb wasn't it Bob, good to see you by the way mate:smile2:

Rob

Thanks for posting Rob it looks fantastic! I didn't manage to get to London yesterday so haven't seen them in the flesh yet, hopefully ill be at the next one & be able to see it properly.

Craig

On their stand Britains had on display their new 1916 Britsh infantry and trench systems. Very impressive they looked "in the flesh" too. The photos in the catalgue don't do them full justice. Evidently work is proceeding on the German OFOR for release either at the end of 2012/ early 2013. Evidently the British infantry will start to be released from May onwards. I thought perhaps Britains might wait till July for the anniversary.

I agree they did look extremely good at the show and the trench set-up with the troops going over the top provided the sense of sadness and hopelessness this war is remembered for. Great release WB.
The only company so far to lure me away from Napleonics has been WB with their Zulu series. I think they could have done it again with this one........
Paul

Here you go guys, can't tell you how much I like these sets, superb stuff and I'm in;

025-2.jpg

024-2.jpg

023-2.jpg

022.jpg

021-1.jpg

Bob

Great shots of their new WWI release. It was so tempting when I saw them at the West Coaster Show.

Thanks for the post,

Carlos

Beautiful pics Rob. Very realistic trenches. Don't collect WWI (ACW, Zulu, and WAN is enough) except aircraft, but this is an impressive line. Thanks for posting. Chris

Thanks for the photos Rob. As much as I like the ACW, I have been smitten by the WWI range by WB. Already have started my WWI collection by acquiring the 18 pound gun and crew, the gun implacement, and the vickers MG w/crew. Looking forward to the two new trench sections. How do the trench sections compare in color to each other. In the photos it appears as if the earth tones in one is darker than the other.
:smile2: mike

Thanks for posting Rob it looks fantastic! I didn't manage to get to London yesterday so haven't seen them in the flesh yet, hopefully ill be at the next one & be able to see it properly.

Craig

Bob

Great shots of their new WWI release. It was so tempting when I saw them at the West Coaster Show.

Thanks for the post,

Carlos

Beautiful pics Rob. Very realistic trenches. Don't collect WWI (ACW, Zulu, and WAN is enough) except aircraft, but this is an impressive line. Thanks for posting. Chris

Thanks for the photos Rob. As much as I like the ACW, I have been smitten by the WWI range by WB. Already have started my WWI collection by acquiring the 18 pound gun and crew, the gun implacement, and the vickers MG w/crew. Looking forward to the two new trench sections. How do the trench sections compare in color to each other. In the photos it appears as if the earth tones in one is darker than the other.
:smile2: mike

You are all very welcome indeed guys, happy to help. Mike, thats a very good point. I don't remember them looking as different at the show as they do in that pic to be honest, but I'm not sure thats a trick of the light as it looks pretty pronounced doesn't it? Will make a point of double checking this in June. I must say overall the effect was excellent and it certainly didn't seem to stand out that much. Can't wait to get the figures, am just trying to decide whether to get this trench system or have a go at building my own?

Rob

Very pleased that many others share my views on the impressivenessof the new WWI range. I suggested to one of the Britains reps on the stand that they should consider doing a complementary figure for the Collectors Club.

You are all very welcome indeed guys, happy to help. Mike, thats a very good point. I don't remember them looking as different at the show as they do in that pic to be honest, but I'm not sure thats a trick of the light as it looks pretty pronounced doesn't it? Will make a point of double checking this in June. I must say overall the effect was excellent and it certainly didn't seem to stand out that much. Can't wait to get the figures, am just trying to decide whether to get this trench system or have a go at building my own?

Rob

Hi Guys. The reason for the difference in shading and light is due to the pieces that were on display on the Britain stand being their pre production pieces. The actual items will be all the same colour when released and ready I am told. They sure looked good.

Must say how impressed overall with Britains I was yesterday. Since Toy Army Workshop ceased trading I've been looking for a different era side collection to my main WW2 collecting, and I've found it with Britains. I love three of their ranges in particular, American Civil War, Zulu Wars and WW1. I'm going to be building up a Britains collection over the coming years and very much look forward to it and also joining the collectors club.

Rob

Rob,

Good to see you in this part of the forum. I have just started with Britains too, got my first few Zulu pieces last week. I was unsure at first but now that I have them, I can't think why I ever hesitated! The pieces look so much better for real than they do in some of the stock photos!

CHris

The WWI would be my next choice if I were to add another line. The WB products look amazing.

Hi Guys. The reason for the difference in shading and light is due to the pieces that were on display on the Britain stand being their pre production pieces. The actual items will be all the same colour when released and ready I am told. They sure looked good.

Thanks Tiger, thats good to hear. Welcome to the forum by the way!:smile2:

Rob,

Good to see you in this part of the forum. I have just started with Britains too, got my first few Zulu pieces last week. I was unsure at first but now that I have them, I can't think why I ever hesitated! The pieces look so much better for real than they do in some of the stock photos!

CHris

Thanks Chris, I was knocked out by the quality of WB fig on Saturday and I really want in , slow and steady build up for me^&cool

The WWI would be my next choice if I were to add another line. The WB products look amazing.

Couldn't agree more Scott, wonderful stuff.

Rob

Tiger - you are spot on. The two new sections will match 51009 (Artillery section) in color. To be up front, when we produce resin scenics like this at difefrent times it can be very difficult to get them to match up perfectly. I have just finished reviewing how 51014 and 51015 match up with 51009, and there is between 2mm and 4mm difference in the height. The sides are all painted the same red/brown as the top so should not be very noticetable. But thought I better give you all a heads up, it is the best we have been able to do (spent the last 6 weeks reducing the difference from almost 8mm!!!). In future I will of course try to run things like this all together at once - but of course that gets both expensive and overwhelming to you guys to buy it all at once! So, this is a compromise that will hopefully be acceptable to all.

Thank you all for the kind comments on the range. We have some more great trench sections and figrues ready for later this year/ealy next.

Richard

Rob,

CHris

Much much better than on the stock photos I must say:wink2:!

Paulo

Users who are viewing this thread

Back