Check out NEW Bulge stuff! (15 Viewers)

Rob,

I have to agree. I don't usually get carried away but those US Battle of the Bulge releases is some amazing stuff. Almost everything on that page looks like something that I want to purchase.

Rob,

I have to agree. I don't usually get carried away but those US Battle of the Bulge releases is some amazing stuff. Almost everything on that page looks like something that I want to purchase.

Yes indeed mate,that artillery piece looks so cool as do all the other stuff.I don't know how i'm going to afford all this and the RAF stuff,but i'll find a way!;)

So good to have some artillery from K&C:)

Rob

Unfortunately King and Country have got it wrong with all three German vehicles.The jagdpanzer IVs in the Ardennes did not have zimmerit and all used the three tone camo scheme.Then we have the Steyr and the 251 pakwagen in 'factory gray'.Afraid not.That particular color was discontinued before Kursk in 1943.A bit more research needed I think.

That new Halftrack allows for multiples as well!;)

Rob

So being as you have seen that now Andy has said the artillery piece attaches to the half track and can be towed.

Unfortunately King and Country have got it wrong with all three German vehicles.The jagdpanzer IVs in the Ardennes did not have zimmerit and all used the three tone camo scheme.Then we have the Steyr and the 251 pakwagen in 'factory gray'.Afraid not.That particular color was discontinued before Kursk in 1943.A bit more research needed I think.

Have to say i love the Radio truck,superb model and the weathering is some of the best i've seen.

Rob

Cool! Great looking releases. Isn't competition great for the collector?

Carlos

Running out of money fast!!!!!!!! 105 is a must! Wonder if these will be in display in Chi town?

As a former 105 Battery Commander it's nice seeing the gun being manned with the add on with other than the typical 3 to 4 gun crews being offered along with the Batteries XO on the phone taking the fire mission and no gentelmen won't be joining the infamous K & C collectors in acquiring it......The Lt.

Sure we can't tempt you Joe....its a cool set;):D

Rob

Some cool looking stuff coming out for bulge this year ill be adding the halftrack & pasangers to my collection & will probably pick up a field gun at a later point too!!!

Both bulge sets are real winners,great additions to everyones "bulging" collection,will need to get most,dont know how yet ?? already scoping RAF,could get interesting this backend,been contemplating a bulge dio,now its just gone huge.

I brought the point up with Andy about the whitewashed SkdFz 251 Pak 40 with underlying grey base coat when the Ausf D came out long after dunkelgelb was used as the basecoat. He said Late in the war, the factories did run out of some paint colours from time to time and it was possible for some AFVs to get a basecoat of grey late in the war. I argue that this would have been uncommon and whitewash over a 2 or 3 colour camo would have been more likely. I think it would have been more costly to paint a 3 colour camo on a vehicle then just cover most of it with whitewash - but that is my cynical opinion.

As for the Jagdpanzer IV, early L/48 and L/70-armed vehicles had zimmerit, but this was discontinued after about September 1944. L/48s were in production prior to and then during the production of the L/70 version. Later vehicles had three return rollers rather than the original four. The K&C model is an early 7.5 cm PaK 39 L/48 with 4 return rollers. As Hitler scrapped together the armour for the Bulge attack, it is very likely that summer camo L48 Jagdpanzers with zimmerit were there.

jagdpanzer-iv-withzimmerit.jpg

As for the Grey Steyr 1500 FunkKraftwagen, lots of them served for long periods and this could easily be an old grey one scrapped together for the Bulge attack from before they used Dunkelgelb as a base coat. Many of the trucks were base coated but not camo'd.

Terry

The new german bulge vehicles have been found to be wanting by some members,the faults are numerous but does not mean we should not buy them,perhaps it would be a good idea not tag them as bulge vehicles,but you can certainly place them at other battles.The Jagdpanzer could be in service with zimmerit even after sept 1944 ,the muzzle brake still presents one with a problem as most were removed by the crews,may have to overlook that point,the Funkkraftwagen place before summer 1943,the 251 place late war when the germans were reputedly using grey once more as a base colour,with a crew applied white wash and if all of the above fails buy them if you like them,the Funky will be a good seller and will be a great additon to anyones collection.

The new german bulge vehicles have been found to be wanting by some members,the faults are numerous but does not mean we should not buy them,perhaps it would be a good idea not tag them as bulge vehicles,but you can certainly place them at other battles.The Jagdpanzer could be in service with zimmerit even after sept 1944 ,the muzzle brake still presents one with a problem as most were removed by the crews,may have to overlook that point,the Funkkraftwagen place before summer 1943,the 251 place late war when the germans were reputedly using grey once more as a base colour,with a crew applied white wash and if all of the above fails buy them if you like them,the Funky will be a good seller and will be a great additon to anyones collection.

I agree. I don't consider any of the "faults" to necessarily be faults and if so, not unbelievable ones. I will certainly be getting the Funkwaggon which I think looks spectacular and have already ordered the Jagdpanzer IV. Don't know about the winter 251 PaK 40 as I already have the summer version.

Terry

Phantom Warrior...

Have to disagree on this one.The jagdpanzers issued to the attacking Panzer Divisions in the Ardennes were factory fresh and delivered 'en masse'.Divisions such as 1SS 2SS 9SS 12SS Lehr 9th and 116 all recieved 21 new vehicles in the late Autumn/early Winter period.Regarding the jagdpanzer,what's with the 116 number?This would denote the 6th vehicle of the 1st Platoon of the 1st Company.Platoons were only issued 5 vehicles,so again sloppy research.
As for the Steyr....all German softskin vehicles were ordered to change to dunkelgelb on 18 02 43.There were no exceptions,especially nearly two years later.
As for late war vehicles being issued in grey.It just didn't happen.It is an urban myth.
Another gripe I have is with all the white camo on the German vehicles and the white camo German uniforms.Very,very limited indeed.If the K&C designers had checked Ardennes film footage and photos carefully they would have seen virtually none,especially in the initial attacks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back