Chicago Show 2015 (5 Viewers)

mikemiller1955

Lieutenant General
I made flight and room reservations today...

arriving Friday afternoon...leaving Sunday afternoon...

I think that will give me enough time to do room trading and see some of the show on Sunday...

one note to Hyatt Regency Woodfield guests...

I asked for the toy soldier guest's discounted rate and was quoted $117 as their special rate price...

their online website price is $101...

so...you may forgo the special rate and book their online rooms cheaper...

I did...

anyway...looking forward to attending and finally seeing this show...

Howard???????............^&grin

Outstanding news, the best news I've had in a long time.................

That's awesome Mike, glad you are coming, been too long since the last time I saw you, looking forward to the social aspect of the show, the bar just got a lot more interesting....................

If Mr. Miller is in, how can I say no?!??!?! {sm4}

Outstanding news, the best news I've had in a long time.................

That's awesome Mike, glad you are coming, been too long since the last time I saw you, looking forward to the social aspect of the show, the bar just got a lot more interesting....................

I'm looking forward to seeing you too George...
love to see a man bust his butt to make things work...
that's huge character in my book...
just don't rub it in too hard if New England wins by more than 24 points...

I would love to meet you Zach...
I'm looking forward to it...
it's always nice to put a face and an "online personality" with people...
even though we have spoken over the phone several times...
it doesn't compare to a "live meeting"...

Come on out Zach, I owe you a dinner don't forget (or is it Larry that owes you one?)...............actually, maybe we both do, so again, come on out...............

Mike,
I look forward to seeing you in Chicago.
Brian

Hi Mike,

I am thrilled you are finally going to make the Chicago show. I look forward to meeting and visiting with you at the show. If anything about the show will disappoint you, it will be the absence of sufficient budget or not enough time for shopping, or you cannot find the elusive treasure you most want. ^&grin:wink2: Other than that, you will have the time of your life! Have a safe trip. See you in Chicago!

Warmest personal regards,

Pat :)

Hi Mike,

I am thrilled you are finally going to make the Chicago show. I look forward to meeting and visiting with you at the show. If anything about the show will disappoint you, it will be the absence of sufficient budget or not enough time for shopping, or you cannot find the elusive treasure you most want. ^&grin:wink2: Other than that, you will have the time of your life! Have a safe trip. See you in Chicago!

Pat...

thank you for the warm greeting and welcome to the show...
you're too kind...
I'm excited about going...
I will make an effort to track you down at the show or in the hallways...
but if I miss...
I may be spending some extra time in Crown Military Miniature's room...
if you have a chance to stop in...
I would love to introduce myself and meet you...

I will make an effort to track you down at the show or in the hallways...
but if I miss...
I may be spending some extra time in Minutemen Toy Soldiers room for all the free food, booze and laughs...
if you have a chance to stop in...

Fixed it for you.................:wink2:

If you miss him Pat, he'll be with me at the bar on Friday night for sure......^&grin

Pat...

sounds like George will care of introductions if we don't cross paths during the show...^&grin...

we have already planned on a steak dinner...

and later an adult beverage...or two...together in the bar after the show...

looking forward to putting a face to your posts...

Glad your coming Mike, looking forward to meeting you. Speaking of which I will make my reservations right after I post this.
Gary

Looking forward to seeing everyone! For the first time we'll have the whole Treefrog staff on hand to meet everyone :)

Making reservations now. When do people generally arrive for the room trading. I am thinking of flying in Thursday night and leaving monday am. What do you think?

Making reservations now. When do people generally arrive for the room trading. I am thinking of flying in Thursday night and leaving monday am. What do you think?

Zach...

I'm thinking of coming 3 weeks in advance...just to make sure I don't miss anything...^&grin...or you snap it up quickly...

I think room trading officially begins on Thursday...
but I know of at least one dealer...
a big dealer...
that said he was coming on Tuesday and starting room trading on Wednesday...

but your Thur-Mon sounds good...

I'm going Fri-Sun afternoon...

Hi Zach,

I plan to arrive on Thursday afternoon and I will leave on Monday morning. By Thursday afternoon, most of the dealers' rooms are open for room trading. And, since it is a two day drive to return home, I wait until Monday morning to begin the trek westward. Most people, including dealers, tend to leave on Sunday, but I am usually too tired to attempt the long drive home, so I stay Sunday night. There are always a few persons, like myself, who hang around Sunday night. Sunday evening is a good time to "wind down" from all the excitement and the activity.

In short, I think you are wise to arrive no later than Thursday and plan to leave either late Sunday or, better yet, Monday morning.

Hi Zach,

I plan to arrive on Thursday afternoon and I will leave on Monday morning. By Thursday afternoon, most of the dealers' rooms are open for room trading. And, since it is a two day drive to return home, I wait until Monday morning to begin the trek westward. Most people, including dealers, tend to leave on Sunday, but I am usually too tired to attempt the long drive home, so I stay Sunday night. There are always a few persons, like myself, who hang around Sunday night. Sunday evening is a good time to "wind down" from all the excitement and the activity.

In short, I think you are wise to arrive no later than Thursday and plan to leave either late Sunday or, better yet, Monday morning.

This is very sound advice; I used to head home right after packing from the show on Sunday, getting home at some point Monday night.

Talk about having a screw loose.

Now I stay over Sunday night, get a goods night sleep and head out first thing Monday morning, getting home early Tuesday afternoon.......................the older I get, the longer it takes to recover.

But it's worth it.

I am actually thinking of driving it this year from Maryland, if I do, will come in on Wednesday evening. Leave Sunday Afternoon.

TD

I am actually thinking of driving it this year from Maryland, if I do, will come in on Wednesday evening. Leave Sunday Afternoon.

TD

Swing to the "right" and pick me up in Mass!! :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back