Chicago Show 2015 (4 Viewers)

I am actually thinking of driving it this year from Maryland, if I do, will come in on Wednesday evening. Leave Sunday Afternoon.

TD

You must be picking up a lot of stuff as it's a pretty long drive, 13 to 15 hours.

Not a bad idea though ;) Maybe we can do it together.

Come on out Zach, I owe you a dinner don't forget (or is it Larry that owes you one?)...............actually, maybe we both do, so again, come on out...............

Hey guys ... absolutely... do you want fries with that????

George gives me 12 minutes off each day for dinner and bio breaks so it will have to be quick!

^&cool <shhhh> ... don't tell him but sometimes I sneak an extra 5 minutes so maybe we can get a beer or two! :p

--- LaRRy

Looking forward to seeing everyone! For the first time we'll have the whole Treefrog staff on hand to meet everyone :)

Also, looking forward to seeing you guys again ... and especially Julie, who has been such a GREAT help this year! --{sm4}

--- LaRRy

This is very sound advice; I used to head home right after packing from the show on Sunday, getting home at some point Monday night.

Talk about having a screw loose.

.......................the older I get, the longer it takes to recover.

But it's worth it.

{sm2} The older "you" get???
I am still feeling the effects on Thanksgiving day ... but YES it is worth every ache and pain!!!!!

I am still feeling the effects on Thanksgiving day ... but YES it is worth every ache and pain!!!!!

Well you should; you're the one who does all the work on the trip, I just stand around, collect the money and go to the bar every night.

Poor Larry...................:wink2:..........you really need to speak to the head of the TSDAAU, aka, the Toy Soldier Dealer Assistants Union, local 6 7/8th.

Well you should; you're the one who does all the work on the trip, I just stand around, collect the money and go to the bar every night.

Like they say, "If George can do it......"

Hahah!

Hi Guys,

I hope it is OK to just jump in here, sounds like you all know each other really well!

I am coming over from the UK for my first ever Chicago show and will be supporting my exclusive US retailer, Tree frog Treasures on their stand and I am very much looking forward to it.

If any of you have ANY advice for me (bar pack a huge suitcase for the purchases you make, that one is a no brainer!), please post and let me know.

being a blues nut (the music ), I intend to try and fly in around Tuesday to get myself out to a couple of clubs also.

Looking forward to meeting new faces in a few short months.

Best regards to you all until then,

Malcolm :salute::

Hi Guys,

I hope it is OK to just jump in here, sounds like you all know each other really well!

I am coming over from the UK for my first ever Chicago show and will be supporting my exclusive US retailer, Tree frog Treasures on their stand and I am very much looking forward to it.

If any of you have ANY advice for me (bar pack a huge suitcase for the purchases you make, that one is a no brainer!), please post and let me know.

being a blues nut (the music ), I intend to try and fly in around Tuesday to get myself out to a couple of clubs also.

Looking forward to meeting new faces in a few short months.

Best regards to you all until then,

The hotel is a bit outside of Chicago so you're probably better off checking them out on Wednesday as I expect you will be busy the rest of the days, unless you're staying onto the following week.

Also, for those not renting a car, I recommend using a limo service called Viatas. I've used them for years and they're very reliable and inexpensive (about $30 one way).

I will repost the taxi information as we get closer to the Show.

I believe so. It's about 20-25 minutes from Schaumberg.

Looks like I am getting in on Tuesday afternoon and heading into the show on the Thursday to "work" ^&grin Leaving Monday afternoon.

If anyone see's a lost Brit guy looking like a rabbit staring into the headlights, it will most likely be me :cool: To aid you, here is a pic. (I am the guy on the right of the line {sm4})

Looking forward to meeting new people and (hopefully) making a few new friends. Counting the sleeps!

1.jpg

You must be picking up a lot of stuff as it's a pretty long drive, 13 to 15 hours.

Not a bad idea though ;) Maybe we can do it together.

That is part of the idea! (Maybe), has to work out on the other end too. I don't mind the drive, I have driven rental cars all over the US forever in my job, might be nice to actually take a road trip at my leisure! I also like the idea of getting up early Sunday, seeing the show and then taking off. It is about 12-13 hrs total, so not awful.

Brad - if you can get to Maryland, the "bus" leaves at 5am Wednesday!!!

TD

I made flight and room reservations today...

arriving Friday afternoon...leaving Sunday afternoon...

I think that will give me enough time to do room trading and see some of the show on Sunday...

one note to Hyatt Regency Woodfield guests...

I asked for the toy soldier guest's discounted rate and was quoted $117 as their special rate price...

their online website price is $101...

so...you may forgo the special rate and book their online rooms cheaper...

I did...

anyway...looking forward to attending and finally seeing this show...

Howard???????............^&grin
Mike, I am seriously trying to go this year. Driving though as I got burned last year with the fire at the airport Fiasco !

Also, looking forward to seeing you guys again ... and especially Julie, who has been such a GREAT help this year! --{sm4}

--- LaRRy

See you this September Larry -- no more flying for me!! After 2 years in a row of garbage travel via airlines . . . . :)

Julie - I'm bringing the dogs! :tongue:

(ok, maybe not the best idea!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back