Chicago Show 2015 (4 Viewers)

Fantastic news! I look forward to seeing you again!

bring your stopwatch and you can time us! {sm3}

I'm pretty sure we will be faster in the PM vs. the AM!

All those non-TS hotel guests will just be jealous of all the fun we are having ^&cool

Julie

Looks like the sales tax has just been raised in the Cook County area
to 10.25%. Does that apply to the Show sales?

I've been to the last 22 years of OTSN shows and room tradeing. And in all those years and all the purchases I made only ONE person ever charged sales tax. Conte.
Now if in fact Conte turned those tax dollars over to the local government, well you be the judge.
Gary

On my last visit in 2013, I walked in a room with quite a variety of Toy Soldiers.
Found a set, which caught my interest. I then approached the owner and said: "I buy this set for $130.00" instead of the advertised $150.00.
The owner replied: "How about you pay the $150.00 and the tax is on me".
That was my 6th visit to the Chicago Show, and the one and only time I heard the word "tax", be it in room trading or at the actual show event.
I disapproved and left the room with a disturbed look on my face, I believe, 'cause I just never heard that from anyone, professional dealer or private seller, before.

Konrad

so should I expect a 10.25% tax on anything I buy...

I have been to the West Coaster...Hackensack...Black Hawk Dallas and Texas Toy Soldier Show...

I was never asked for tax...

I always assumed the dealer paid the tax...

I have never been asked for tax...

In all the years I have been going to the OTSN show, I have never had to pay tax on any of my purchases . . . . .
:smile2: Mike

In all the years I have been going to the OTSN show, I have never had to pay tax on any of my purchases . . . . .
:smile2: Mike

not trying to sound cheap Mike...

but I would probably walk away from a deal if the guy added 10.25% at the last minute to my total...

I would rather he start with a higher asking price...instead of adding the tax...

the final starting price could be the same price as it would be with tax...

I don't know...

it would just irk me...^&grin

I talked to Nick and George...
they both indicated it was the exception to the rule...

Last edited:
I really want to go to this show. Only problem is me being 17 and just about to get my license. I don't think I could handle the 6 hour drive:(

I really want to go to this show. Only problem is me being 17 and just about to get my license. I don't think I could handle the 6 hour drive:(

Is there a bus line that would be reasonable?
When you consider the cost of gas, tolls, fatigue, wear on car, etc. then maybe a bus ticket is cheaper, or at least an option? :confused:
Plus you get to look at all your new treasures on the way home. {sm3}

I'm 63 years "young" and doing a 27-28 hour drive ..... well, as a passenger anyway ... still, the muscles hurt. However the conversations are not to be missed.

--- LaRRy

I think the experience of the drive would do you good...
most of us guys were driving when we were 15-16...
you should be fine...

be confident!!!

^&grin

Looks like the sales tax has just been raised in the Cook County area
to 10.25%. Does that apply to the Show sales?

Thank you for reminding me. I live in Cook County. {eek3}
Gas is about 15 cents a gallon more expensive in the city that the suburbs.
Brian

I have never been charged sales tax at the show.

Last edited:
Is there a bus line that would be reasonable?
When you consider the cost of gas, tolls, fatigue, wear on car, etc. then maybe a bus ticket is cheaper, or at least an option? :confused:
Plus you get to look at all your new treasures on the way home. {sm3}

I'm 63 years "young" and doing a 27-28 hour drive ..... well, as a passenger anyway ... still, the muscles hurt. However the conversations are not to be missed.

--- LaRRy

I did some research on the bus line and have seen prices as low as $28. That might be my way to go. I need to snag my buddy to go with me who is also into this hobby. I never see a lot of teenagers into this stuff.

However the conversations are not to be missed.

--- LaRRy

Speak for yourself...................:tongue::p:wink2:^&grin:salute::{sm3}

"bbbbrrrrr............My name is Bill"..........gets me every time.

I did some research on the bus line and have seen prices as low as $28. That might be my way to go. I need to snag my buddy to go with me who is also into this hobby. I never see a lot of teenagers into this stuff.

THEN .... that is another reason that you should get to Chicago. Once you go you will be a Toy Solider Collector for life. I think it is something that they put into the hotel water ...:rolleyes:

--- LaRRy

Speak for yourself...................:tongue::p:wink2:^&grin:salute::{sm3}

"bbbbrrrrr............My name is Bill"..........gets me every time.

No, no it is .... Shadow Puppets!!

(Okay folks, yes this is a George / Larry inside joke and will NOT be explained on the forum. {eek3}
But come to the room and you can here the story!! --- if you dare!!)

--- LaRRy

No, no it is .... Shadow Puppets!!

(Okay folks, yes this is a George / Larry inside joke and will NOT be explained on the forum. {eek3}
But come to the room and you can here the story!! --- if you dare!!)

--- LaRRy

I'll bring the beer!

Travis

I'll bring the beer!

Travis

DON'T forget the Cracker Barrel cheese tray and a box of Triscuits. Julie is bringing the bacon wrapped scallops Zak in on the hook 4 stacks of onion rings. If sales don't top last years number then that is all the food I'll see for 11 days .... {sm2}

--- LaRRy

Zak in on the hook 4 stacks of onion rings.

Just four? you do know who you're travelling with right! ;)

Do these count????

funyuns-onion-flavored-rings-29070.jpg

Just four? you do know who you're travelling with right! ;)

Do these count????

funyuns-onion-flavored-rings-29070.jpg

Well ... :rolleyes2: .... I suppose they'll do in an emergency. Ya' I forgot that George will probably do 2 - 2 1/2 stacks alone. Better make that 7-8. We want to save room for Julie's 5 dozen bacon wrapped scallops and Travis' beer and cheese. I'm bringing some 4 year old Table-Talk Pies and a case of Twinkies from the last decade. I got them from a TS dealer at a pretty good price ...:rolleyes: ... as long as I promised not to bring any Osprey's to the show.

--- LaRRy

Users who are viewing this thread

Back