Chicago Show 2015 (1 Viewer)

Thanks for the photos! Never got a chance to attend any of these shows: too far away from Seattle...

Thank you for sharing the pics of the show! Please keep'em coming! ^&grin:wink2:

Attachments

• image_129_zpscqcx6iji.jpeg
    image_129_zpscqcx6iji.jpeg
    150 KB · Views: 425
  • image_130_zps6ewzcjgl.jpg
    image_130_zps6ewzcjgl.jpg
    149.4 KB · Views: 430
Pete, JMO but from closely looking at the sculpts, it sure looks like JJD's work to me. I count 37 figures + the boat itself. Time to take out a new mortgage. -- Al

Pete, JMO but from closely looking at the sculpts, it sure looks like JJD's work to me. -- Al

Hi Al,
Exactly my thoughts....but just speculation at the moment. I counted 37 figures in total as well!! It does look like a FIW 'shock & awe' piece to me.

Pete

Thanks for taking the trouble of uploading these pictures. Hope you don't mind me asking but which manufacturer does the FIW landing barge and crew come from? Do you have any more information about it?

Thanks

Pete

Fantastic piece but probably at least $1500.Love it though.{bravo}}
Mark

Thanks for taking the trouble of uploading these pictures. Hope you don't mind me asking but which manufacturer does the FIW landing barge and crew come from? Do you have any more information about it?

Thanks

Pete

That is an amazing piece. How much are kidneys going for theses days ?

That is an amazing piece. How much are kidneys going for theses days ?
Best throw in a lung with that. Can't imagine it less than the previously mentioned $1500, and would guess closer to $1650. Hum, add an eye, as well.:rolleyes2: -- Al

I must have missed the canoe but I'm fairly sure it's JJD as they had several models in various dealers' rooms. I'm sure it will be expensive but I don't think the price is known (although I'm sure John does).

Brad

Best throw in a lung with that. Can't imagine it less than the previously mentioned $1500, and would guess closer to $1650. Hum, add an eye, as well.:rolleyes2: -- Al
I suppose at the moment it is all pure speculation that this is indeed by "He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named", however, looking at the Old Bill passengers as a rough guide, probably looking at roughly $29 per figure (but will probably be more than that). $29*37=$1,061 plus the boat. So I don't think $1,400-$1,500 would be too far off the mark.

Pete

I suppose at the moment it is all pure speculation that this is indeed by "He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named", however, looking at the Old Bill passengers as a rough guide, probably looking at roughly $29 per figure (but will probably be more than that). $29*37=$1,061 plus the boat. So I don't think $1,400-$1,500 would be too far off the mark.

Pete
Agree. Probably pretty close. I went worse case scenario on my guess, using $40 per figure. The uniforms will make them more expensive (both in sculpt and paint) than WW1 figures, I would think. Regardless, it is going to be one spectacular set-up, a real centerpiece for the dining room table.{sm3} -- Al

Agree. Probably pretty close. I went worse case scenario on my guess, using $40 per figure. The uniforms will make them more expensive (both in sculpt and paint) than WW1 figures, I would think. Regardless, it is going to be one spectacular set-up, a real centerpiece for the dining room table.{sm3} -- Al
Hi Al,
Yes, you're probably right (my revised guess is $35ish per figure + boat).

Would I be interested? Only if there was a 'blood red supermoon' due tonight!!

Need to also factor in the price of a new dining room table!

Pete

Last edited:
Your assumptions are right on the money. The boat was displayed in Paul Hermann's room of The Toy Soldier Shoppe fame. It is JJD and fits into the existing range. Few figures are identical and Paul believes the price will be just below $1500. It comes in three pieces, you can therefore display it on the stand or drop it on a water matt.

Your assumptions are right on the money. The boat was displayed in Paul Hermann's room of The Toy Soldier Shoppe fame. It is JJD and fits into the existing range. Few figures are identical and Paul believes the price will be just below $1500. It comes in three pieces, you can therefore display it on the stand or drop it on a water matt.

Thanks for the update Andanna (sorry, I don't know your proper name!).

Thank you also for posting the pictures you have. It is really appreciated.

Hope you didn't mind me posting the pictures on the forum? I should have asked your permission first.

Pete

A similar model (not sure of the scale) was on display in the National Army Museum in London. There are similarities:

NAM_zpsdd9w3c5e.jpg

The only change I would make to the proposed is a furled colour at the rear of the barge (see NAM model).

Pete

No problem using the photos: I made them public. :)

I feel blessed I can attend a show like Chicago in person and am happy to share.

These are some of the vignettes that Britain's had at the Show.

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Those are great vignettes by Britains and a great idea! I can see how something like that could peak the interest of people into purchasing them as gifts even for non-collectors. They could be an attractive display on an office desk/shelf.

37 figures...

I don't think this will be as bad as you guys think...

my guess is 3 sets of 4 rowers...
6 sets of 4 grenadiers...
1 rudder man...

he is doing WWI bus figures for less than $31 apiece...

I'm guessing $28-$30 a figure for these...

fully loaded...less than $1,200...

John understands his customers pretty well...

he doesn't want to out price or burden his customers...

I'm positive he realizes this is a financial commitment for us...

he understands and is sympathetic to the cost of these figures...

he understands producing in bulk and buying in bulk...

I'm guessing less than $1,200 for the whole thing...

Attachments

• image_130_zps6ewzcjgl.jpg
    image_130_zps6ewzcjgl.jpg
    149.4 KB · Views: 327
a few more pics...

he could even have a kneeling Marine gunner on the bow...

Attachments

• 101_0767.jpg
    101_0767.jpg
    132.9 KB · Views: 340
  • 101_0768.jpg
    101_0768.jpg
    138.3 KB · Views: 338
  • 101_0769.jpg
    101_0769.jpg
    150.7 KB · Views: 342
  • 101_07696.jpg
    101_07696.jpg