Collecting is starting to get Boring, same Old Repeats! (2 Viewers)

John,when it comes to suggestions(especially for North Africa)you really are the top bod as it were and makes some excellent choices.However i really do think this latest dispatch is superb.We have a KT that many people have been asking for.A Schwimm in whitewash with roof on,which is unusual.A german stretcher party,again a rarity.Polish Para's as well.You have to remember Andy is running a business and will make what will sell well,lets face it John a lot of people like the German stuff.

Rob

Well said. I might also add that many "old timers" who are Tigered out should remember that there are "young timer" collectors who may be purchasing their very first Tiger. IMHO Andy and the folks at K&C do an excellent job of bringing out some unique pieces as well as the same "old stuff". There are several sets from many different eras I would like to see made but until I open up a toy soldier manufacturing company I'll just have to be patient;):).

Saber

John Gambale (I copied this from another thread on a similar subject),
I think you have hit on something that I have been contemplating for a long period of time. Without getting really deep into the abstract meaning of the individual’s relationship to a society, here is what I mean. Does the individual and his or her wants, needs, or desires really matter?

I am not talking about personal relationships. I am talking about the real inconsequentiality of the individual when it comes to things like having the individuals wants, needs, or desires met in a consumer society using a modified capitalistic economic system.

Here is what I mean. Manufacturers like drug makers ignore rare diseases that affect a relatively small number of individuals compared to the more popular diseases because the profit is not there to justify the R&D costs for the smaller population disease. Yet people are still sick or affected by the disease and have no recourse for drug medication until either a celebrity or the government gets involved or everyone dies from the disease, however long that takes and from whatever cause.

We collectors have a large list of wants, needs and desires just look at the large number of postings on this forum of what I call the musings from the great idea light bulb factory – the Dragon Wagon from me and John Gambale and his seemingly unending lists of what toy soldiers and vehicles he wants made.

Frustration and disheartenment begins to affect the individual whose needs, wants and desires are not met. They will not be met until a larger group has the same needs, wants, and desires and express them. And a manufacturer listens and begins to produce those things that meet those needs, wants and desires.

Until then, waiting is a virtue I seem to have not been able to find solace in. Plus what seems logical to me may not seem logical to a manufacturer. It is logical that a Dragon Wagon be made. It is logical that may of them would sell. But I don’t understand the logic of toy soldier production. So is a Dragon Wagon a reality, more than likely not.

Take from this what you will, but I feel your frustration with this hobby

sorry mate, i just went thru the collector showcase website and can't find the similar figures you're refering to.

maybe i'm blinkered by the King Tiger?

if you could kindly refer me to the figures, i'll be much grateful.

sincerely,

nasir kasmani.

I was thinking of the 1/32 CSC00230 Reichkanzlerei Marcher :eek:
My bad :(

Well said. I might also add that many "old timers" who are Tigered out should remember that there are "young timer" collectors who may be purchasing their very first Tiger. IMHO Andy and the folks at K&C do an excellent job of bringing out some unique pieces as well as the same "old stuff". There are several sets from many different eras I would like to see made but until I open up a toy soldier manufacturing company I'll just have to be patient;):).

Saber

Well, overall I didn't see a lot of must haves for me in the new releases, but I am very excited about the new Tiger. I just expanded to WWII a few months ago, and I have bought my first 2 Tigers this week (the new Collectors Showcase Wittmann version and the K&C Tunisian version), and I love have this new King Tiger - very attractive tank.

I think John does have some valid points. I mean another Hitler staff car??? But the German medic team and LAH Band are excellent additions. Even though the LAH band is a remake of an earlier band, much better and varied. A++ on the Medic Team, kinda reminds me of the old Marx medic team.

I think you will always see things that make you think about some other set that came out some other time. I believe the products are getting better and better - the newer things have more detail and bulk - more realisim IMHO.

I think that we have the opportunity to always "upgrade" our collections and get even closer to that great diorama of our dreams !

Hello again! This KT is going to be a 3rd one,made by K&C! Ok, I could vision a Snowy Winter KT, along with a Snowy Winter Hummel, Snowy Winter Marder/Wespe? I like and Collected, the BBG Winter Germans, and was hoping to get "LUFTWAFFE" Germans, or "GEBIRGSJAGER", Winter Mountain Troops, Norway/Italy? Winter Fak Gun (Ground Crew), 15CM-150mm-(HEAVY) Field Howitzer Gun and Winter Crew!Winter NEBELWERFER and PAK 40 Team?

Great suggestions John. Andy does listen, I believe, though I don't know him personally. But he seems to know what he is doing. I'm sure he is taking note.
Steve

i think these germans look suburb, and he has got the camo right unlike some of the summer germans. the vehicles are terrific although it would be nice to see some british armor and troops. perhaps they will be shown in chicago. as for the hitler staff car, wel it looks good but it does hurt the investor part of our fellow collectors. overall i would rate these dispatches an a+

Hello again! This KT is going to be a 3rd one,made by K&C! Ok, I could vision a Snowy Winter KT, along with a Snowy Winter Hummel, Snowy Winter Marder/Wespe? I like and Collected, the BBG Winter Germans, and was hoping to get "LUFTWAFFE" Germans, or "GEBIRGSJAGER", Winter Mountain Troops, Norway/Italy? Winter Fak Gun (Ground Crew), 15CM-150mm-(HEAVY) Field Howitzer Gun and Winter Crew!Winter NEBELWERFER and PAK 40 Team?

John,
Even if you would have gotten all these, you would still have asked for more!!!!!

As expected and predicted, the 3 Rs...REPEATS, REPAINTED, AND RE-MARKETED.

Where are the Marder III, Hanomag 251, Opel Maultier Halftrack, 105mm Howitzer

Is this the first King tiger with the Henchel turret :confused:

the repainted Porsche turret King tiger

Attachments

• 8ada_1.JPG
    8ada_1.JPG
    14.9 KB · Views: 198
John,
Even if you would have gotten all these, you would still have asked for more!!!!!

This is a good point.Whatever Andy makes someone is always going to say 'Why didn't you make.....'?.There really is only so much K&C can make at one time,and lets be honest they do a pretty good job of choosing what to make.

Rob

Users who are viewing this thread

Back