Collecting is starting to get Boring, same Old Repeats! (1 Viewer)

Me, Id' like to see some Custer range, maybe they did them and they are retired already. How about some Alamo guys with a little grime on them, afterall they were penned up for 13 days, nice figures but a little too neat.

Maybe we should amend the title of this thread to read "Collecting is starting to get expensive." :(

This thread strikes me as an "interesting" exchange between the "faithful" and the "faithless"; "for those who believe no explanation is necessary..................";):D

Maybe we should amend the title of this thread to read "Collecting is starting to get expensive." :(

I agree. It seems everything is priced so much higher now. I am sure there are reasons behind the prices, but... there are so many great products and it is just so hard to buy all this stuff!! What I like to do to help out is look for deals on items I have been wanting. This is not easy on the new products, as the prices seem to all be about the same, but if you are patient and get lucky you can sometimes get them on Ebay. I picked up a Tunisian Tiger for $139 a few days ago, which I thought was a pretty good deal.

I agree. It seems everything is priced so much higher now. I am sure there are reasons behind the prices, but... there are so many great products and it is just so hard to buy all this stuff!! What I like to do to help out is look for deals on items I have been wanting. This is not easy on the new products, as the prices seem to all be about the same, but if you are patient and get lucky you can sometimes get them on Ebay. I picked up a Tunisian Tiger for $139 a few days ago, which I thought was a pretty good deal.

One positive of the higher retail prices is the pricing of the retired items becomes relitively more affordable. When the start of a new set is $225.00 buying a retired set you've always wanted becomes very attractive.
Ray

I'm still hoping for some WWI releases.

agreed, I have a six foot ww1 shelf -full,unfortunatly stored due to a move,,my grandfather ,Kaisers army,,survived the russian front until the revolution when the czars army stopped the war and went home one day to his amazement,

One positive of the higher retail prices is the pricing of the retired items becomes relitively more affordable. When the start of a new set is $225.00 buying a retired set you've always wanted becomes very attractive.
Ray

Yes its a good time to pick up those older sets we've not got round to getting yet.

Rob

"One positive of the higher retail prices is the pricing of the retired items becomes relitively more affordable. When the start of a new set is $225.00 buying a retired set you've always wanted becomes very attractive."

That is a positive way to look at things Ray; when you find one of those "rare" items on Ebay, the price doesn't seem so bad now..........

"One positive of the higher retail prices is the pricing of the retired items becomes relitively more affordable. When the start of a new set is $225.00 buying a retired set you've always wanted becomes very attractive."

That is a positive way to look at things Ray; when you find one of those "rare" items on Ebay, the price doesn't seem so bad now..........

You Know, I still think in terms of the $89.00 sets, if your selling a set that you bought at that price and you get 225.00, you turned a nice dollar and the buyer has basically paid present day retail so both should be pretty happy.
I can't help but think that the inflation of pricing for retired sets will not be nearly so great when you start with a retail of $225.00.
Ray
PS don't you wish you could get those kind of returns on your retirement account!?!?!?

"PS don't you wish you could get those kind of returns on your retirement account!?!?!?"

Ray, at this point, ANY return on my retirement account would be nice. At the rate it's going, I won't be able to retire until I am 97 years old............

"PS don't you wish you could get those kind of returns on your retirement account!?!?!?"

Ray, at this point, ANY return on my retirement account would be nice. At the rate it's going, I won't be able to retire until I am 97 years old............

A 97 year old George hauling boxes of lead soldiers into a showroom...there's a thought for you! By then he'd probably have to cut back to 1,000 shows a year...

"A 97 year old George hauling boxes of lead soldiers into a showroom...there's a thought for you! By then he'd probably have to cut back to 1,000 shows a year..."

LOL, wouldn't that be a sight.................and I'll have my 129 year old father helping me; "You look good Mr Guerriero, you don't look a day over 120"..............

It will be very interesting to see the 2 side by side

I agree,can't wait to see this.I missed out on the Berlin KT but got the second Camo version.The camo on this new version is really good,i was originally hoping for white wash,but this looks even better.

Rob

You Know, I still think in terms of the $89.00 sets, if your selling a set that you bought at that price and you get 225.00, you turned a nice dollar and the buyer has basically paid present day retail so both should be pretty happy.
I can't help but think that the inflation of pricing for retired sets will not be nearly so great when you start with a retail of $225.00.
Ray
PS don't you wish you could get those kind of returns on your retirement account!?!?!?

Ray
I was reading on BBC about the orice of oil. Back in 1990 it was 10 USD a barrel. So what sounds a lot now in 15 years time sounds like they were giving it away back then. Who knows what one of these new babies will cost in 2018?
Regards
Damian

"A 97 year old George hauling boxes of lead soldiers into a showroom...there's a thought for you! By then he'd probably have to cut back to 1,000 shows a year..."

LOL, wouldn't that be a sight.................and I'll have my 129 year old father helping me; "You look good Mr Guerriero, you don't look a day over 120"..............

LOL:D! Part of the new Ancients line?:eek:

you WW2 guys at least have drivers for yer vehicles...think how I feel....I still have a catapult (MK 25) without a crew.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back