Collector club figures. (2 Viewers)

Simpson & his donkey.

Sergeant Major
What would you guy's like to see made as collector figures by K&C in the future. I like the idea of a figure being made without a series in mind but cast for a reason in history . I have a few figures I would like to see made. Name the ones you would like to see in the future and maybe next time I am talking to Andy he may just may just do that.

1.Australians in PNG.

2.Zulu warrior.

3.Boer war soldier.

4.Modern special forces soldier.

5.JFK in pt109 .

6.Sitting bull.

7.William Wallace.

8.A knight of the round table.

9.The red baron.

10.Jim Morrision.:confused:

Here is my opinion...and we know what opinions are worth....

I have always perceived the Hong Kong Collector Club figures as a launch pad for new lines.

So I would assume that it will stay that way.

What would I like to see...now that is a loaded question

Hello mate I have not had the pleasure to chat to you yet but you seem to speak your mind. Why should this be so as Andy does and has changed his mind from time to time. What would you like to see made . Simmo.

Hello mate I have not had the pleasure to chat to you yet but you seem to speak your mind. Why should this be so as Andy does and has changed his mind from time to time. What would you like to see made . Simmo.
Well, The club again has nearly always released a figure that supersedes a new line if positive feedback has been obtained. This goes all the way back to Nap War thru TE Lawrence. Look back; WWI German; jump-in jack flash led to Crimean; all the lancers led to Sons of the empire; German Navy WWII; Cossacks; and so on. I do not think Mad Jock will necessarily fit in however. other than the fact that ne spanned like a 100 plus years.

So if I can dream....and I doubt I can. As I do not conform to the system or country...

1. Manfred Von Richthofen. To bring in the WWI aviation releases.

2. The rest is hard to say.

I have many wants...but they will not be made.

We have to get past the status of only producing war epochs that were won by the allies or the British Empire from the Napoleonic Wars thru WWII.

I believe we will as all those areas, at least collectible ones, are nearly exhausted.

If you don't ask you don't receive. Being negative is not going to get anything made my good friend . Simmo.

Sorry if I let you down but it has been a heck of a day. I have been shot at from all sides.

Any WWI flying aces..except spare me Goering.

Mustafa Kemal Attaturk

General Alenby

TE Lawrence for everyone

Graff von Spee

WWI Winston

Kaiser Wilhelm in Garde du Corps uniform

Frederick the Great

If Andy makes Paul Emil Von Lettow Vorbeck for me...I will disappear into oblivion..and resign from the forum!!!!

Sorry if I let you down but it has been a heck of a day. I have been shot at from all sides.

Any WWI flying aces..except spare me Goering.

Mustafa Kemal Attaturk

General Alenby

TE Lawrence for everyone

Graff von Spee

WWI Winston

Kaiser Wilhelm in Garde du Corps uniform

Frederick the Great

If Andy makes Paul Emil Von Lettow Vorbeck for me...I will disappear into oblivion..and resign from the forum!!!!

Hi Mate don't worry about me at all . Simmo.

Well, The club again has nearly always released a figure that supersedes a new line if positive feedback has been obtained.

If that were the case then there is only one for me,
Marcel 'Bruno' Bigeard at Dien Bien Phu, of course.
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/06/19/world/europe/19bigeard.html?_r=1&ref=todayspaper

But, I'd like to see a series of notable Unconventional / Special Warfare soldiers throughout the recent ages.

... And General Giap, once again, during the Dien Bien Phu campaign

Great question Simmo, here is my wish list:

1. Sherlock Holmes & Dr. Watson (would love to see some of this in matte)

2. Blackbeard the Pirate (always a favorite, maybe Andy could release some of his original pirate prototypes as club figures)

3. Young Winston in eithe Boer or Sudan

4. WW1 Patton

5. The Red Baron

6. Long John Silver - Still would love to see a literary theme ala Dickens, doesn't have to necessarily be all 1 series.

I know the club at times sets up new series, but I would actually like to see the club also continue to include some one offs. It is a club, I don't necessarily need a continuing theme for the figures IMO.

Anyhow, here's hoping.

Tom

Blackbeard the Pirate (always a favorite, maybe Andy could release some of his original pirate prototypes as club figures)

....Long John Silver - Still would love to see a literary theme ala Dickens, doesn't have to necessarily be all 1 series.

Tom

Yes Pirates!!!!

If a series based on books or literature... how about Spike Milligan's war memoirs? Could have L/bdr Milligan, Harry Secombe etc ... pre Goons and possibly as one of the impromptu concert parties they did in North Africa or Italy?

I like the idea of pirates but would much prefer a complete range rather then one off's in the collectors club! Could also make some british marines round about the era "Pirates of the Caribbean" is set!

Craig

Hi

Quite agree with a great number of ideas - so I only have one, no two
The English Civil War (Charles I and Cromwell) That's me done.

As a side issue I would like Andy to bring back the Dickens Collection instead
of the War orrinated Santa Claus we've been seeing the last few years
A couple of peices each Christmas would be cool - sorry had to slip that in.

Just had a thought - Standard Bearers different from series being issued they would make a great display and also could run forever.

Some good ideas.

As a dealer Collector Club figures are a problem !! Dealers not able to sell them as must join Club and can only get 2 of a Club figure. So my view is a bit different.

However I like the idea of famous leaders that might not make it in a series.

Young Winston a good idea
Like Cromwell
Ghenghis Khan
El Cid
William the Conqueror

are a few I can think of.

Regards
Brett

How about Neil Armstrong, Buzz Aldrin, John Glen & Jim Lovell? Famous Astronaut's would be a great side range.

Craig

Bruno Bigeard and personalities from the Crimea War (i don't believe we don't have Lord Raglan or Lord Lucan, or Colin Campbell!!!)..also some figures from the Victorian Era Wars..

Collectors Club have done two Waffen-SS Panzer "Tiger Aces" - Michael Wittman and Bobby Woll. How about a Wehrnacht one - Otto Carius - such a figure would go very nicely with the new "Snow Tiger".

Graycap...

Carious would be a good figure but, I would like to see him done in the white dress jackets for a special occasion
Mitch

One of my preferences for the CC is to do figures that are unrelated to existing lines, "one offs" if you will, that are historically significant. That would allow for more obscure ( read less popular ) era figures to be made. That would suit me fine as I tend not be so much a completist/diorama guy. I like an eclectic collection. I'd love to see some more flamboyant ancients like Spartans, Polish Winged Hussars, Samorai's, Knights, minor combatant axis/allied of WWII etc, etc. :cool:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back