Commandeered Accomodations... (1 Viewer)

mikemiller1955

Lieutenant General
if anybody follows my threads...they know I like to build stuff...I just finished this little 2 story balcony building...here are some pics...

Attachments

• 100_6682.jpg
    100_6682.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 465
  • 100_6683.jpg
    100_6683.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 474
  • 100_6685.jpg
    100_6685.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 461
  • 100_6686.jpg
    100_6686.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 471
  • 100_6688.jpg
    100_6688.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 472
a few more pics...this is the first building I have ever made with a small "lean to" shingled roof structure attachement to it....

Attachments

• 100_6673.jpg
    100_6673.jpg
    115.3 KB · Views: 284
  • 100_6676.jpg
    100_6676.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 297
  • 100_6677.jpg
    100_6677.jpg
    131.4 KB · Views: 275
  • 100_6681.jpg
    100_6681.jpg
    155.9 KB · Views: 291
Your building is excellent. I have some questions if You don't mind. What do You use for the plaster on the building? What are the bricks made of and how? What do You use for the basic of the building walls. Thank You 'Mr Colt 45':salute::

great building . Useful for several eras
guy:smile2:

Once again Michael you created another of your litte master pieces.........PapaZ:salute:::salute:::salute::

Your building is excellent. I have some questions if You don't mind. What do You use for the plaster on the building? What are the bricks made of and how? What do You use for the basic of the building walls. Thank You 'Mr Colt 45':salute::

thanks Colt...Guy and Papa Z...

the plaster is "untextured stucco patch"...very hard shell and sandable...
the bricks are "Hirst Arts" bricks made of "Hydrostone"...
all the bricks are Hirst Arts...both the exposed damaged and trim around roof...
the bricks 1" squares...they are hot glued on and "plastered" over...then painted...
all the walls and roof are made of pink/blue board foam (industrial sheathing)...
the "wooden" roof...is also Hirst Art bricks I cast...

Nice Job Mike, To me this building can be used in a bunch of different era's ! :salute::

Thank You for your help very much. But what mold did you use for the blocks? I want to do an Alamo dio and those blocks would work out great. Thanks again: "Mr colt 45"

Thank You for your help very much. But what mold did you use for the blocks? I want to do an Alamo dio and those blocks would work out great. Thanks again: "Mr colt 45"

thank you Wayne...thank you Gary...

Mr. Colt...you're welcome...it's mold #260...

here's a link to it...

http://www.hirstarts.com/molds/moldsfield.html

I think the scale and structure of this mold would be perfect for an Alamo wall...

They look great Mike and I love to play around with making my own stuff to but not as good as you are. Keep posting your stuff mate. Chris.

Mike, a new fantastic release!
As you know are the items by HIRSTARTS all compatible with 1:30 scale?
grazie, ciao
Carlo

Fabulous building Michael {bravo}}{bravo}}{bravo}}

Cheers

Martyn:)

Wow that is excellent. I really like those wooden shutters. How do you paint the wood so that it actually looks like wood?

Walt

Mike, you are fast becoming a Master Builder! {bravo}}

Jeff :salute::

thanks...Chris ...Carlo...Martyn...Walt...Alex...CFM and Jeff...

Mike, a new fantastic release!
As you know are the items by HIRSTARTS all compatible with 1:30 scale?
grazie, ciao
Carlo

Carlo...almost all of the Hirst Arts molds work with the 54-60mm figures...they are easy to work with and allow a lot of detail in modeling...here's a link...

http://www.hirstarts.com/molds/molds.html

look at the roof molds...they are nice...

Wow that is excellent. I really like those wooden shutters. How do you paint the wood so that it actually looks like wood?

Walt

Walt...they are constucted with coffee stirrers...adhered with white glue...after they dry then they are deeply "etched" with the back of the tip of an Exacto razor blade...the drilled with a small drill bit to represent nails...then receive a very diluted brown (or balck) wash...the pigment sinks into the etching and the drilled holes...very easy...

There's always something special about building your 'own stuff' and seeing the final product....awesome work mate and thanks for sharing all your tips too, much appreciated.{sm4}
Cheers Toddy

Users who are viewing this thread

Back