Connoisseur Figures (2 Viewers)

Making a subcategory is reserved to Shannon, both on a technical and policy question.

My suggestion is to do what you're doing, use this thread or make a new one under Other Manufacturers. Doug (Combat) had started a thread last year which primarily focuses on Russian figures. Don't let the title of the thread fool you.

Making a subcategory is reserved to Shannon, both on a technical and policy question.

My suggestion is to do what you're doing, use this thread or make a new one under Other Manufacturers. Doug (Combat) had started a thread last year which primarily focuses on Russian figures. Don't let the title of the thread fool you.

Maybe we could change the title of that thread and go from there? I'm not sure there is sufficient interest for a subcategory. Not many posts about them over the last few years other than my own.

I could change the title if people who are interested in the Russian figures would like me to do so.

I could change the title if people who are interested in the Russian figures would like me to do so.

What ever way you think we could do this. The threads are slow because not as many people collect them and figures are produced at a much slower rate but you never know maybe there will be more intrest than we think. Thanks Joel

Maybe we could change the title of that thread and go from there? I'm not sure there is sufficient interest for a subcategory. Not many posts about them over the last few years other than my own.

Well lets get some posts going I know of at least five of us who do collect the russian figures. Thread may lay dormant at time because of the figures are produced very slowly but when you hold one in your hand they are well worth the wait! Thanks Joel

Gentle Friends,

I am fortunate to have a small collection of connoisseur knights. I, too, would enjoy a thread dedicated to displaying and discussing these wonderful figures. I will be posting a few pictures of some of my knights in the not too distant future.

Warmest personal regards,

Pat :)

Gentle Friends,

I am fortunate to have a small collection of connoisseur knights. I, too, would enjoy a thread dedicated to displaying and discussing these wonderful figures. I will be posting a few pictures of some of my knights in the not too distant future.

Warmest personal regards,

Pat :)

I look forward to seeing them! I have a collection of about 60 figures been collecting for about 1 1/2 years. Will try and figure out how to post some pictures. Thanks Joel

I'm fine with continuing to use this thread. I'm also fine with using the older thread and renaming it.

Bascially just point me in the right direction and I'll be there.

I only have 5 figures at this point (started late last year) but I have one in the mail and one being painted. My mounted samurai was a once a year special purchase for me and took a good chunk of my yearly work bonus.

Frank

I'm fine with continuing to use this thread. I'm also fine with using the older thread and renaming it.

Bascially just point me in the right direction and I'll be there.

I only have 5 figures at this point (started late last year) but I have one in the mail and one being painted. My mounted samurai was a once a year special purchase for me and took a good chunk of my yearly work bonus.

Frank

I've been collecting from Aeroart for about ten years. I tried to count the figures once and got to about 150. Given that many have been discontinued some of those may be of interest when we get rolling. I don't care if we use this thread or rename the other.

I've been collecting from Aeroart for about ten years. I tried to count the figures once and got to about 150. Given that many have been discontinued some of those may be of interest when we get rolling. I don't care if we use this thread or rename the other.

Do you have one of the first mounted Sultan Saladins? I saw it in there book of figures horse was jumping I believe. Coolest toy soldier I have ever seen. I dont think many were produced. Anyway what are you favorite lines or are you like me when you see a figure you like you buy it regardless of time period? And have you bought from anyone but Aeroart? I have not but would like to try a few others in time. Thanks Joel

I just got an e-mail from Boris (Kolobob) with pictures of my latest piece:

Attachments

• pb701_small.jpg
    pb701_small.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 948
  • pb701_f_small.jpg
    pb701_f_small.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 720
  • pb701_b_small.jpg
    pb701_b_small.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 690
Do you have one of the first mounted Sultan Saladins? I saw it in there book of figures horse was jumping I believe. Coolest toy soldier I have ever seen. I dont think many were produced. Anyway what are you favorite lines or are you like me when you see a figure you like you buy it regardless of time period? And have you bought from anyone but Aeroart? I have not but would like to try a few others in time. Thanks Joel

I am strictly samurai at this time.

I mentioned to Boris how I know some people who like the pieces he has but aren't comfortable sending that much money to a foreign country.

I thought his response was quite funny :D

PS: sure, it is TOO risque to send money to unknown Russian seller (just 10 years of internet sales... just 14,000 transactions... just 1,000 positive feedbacks in eBay... just one article about in Historical Miniatures magazine written by John Crone...) :)

I do have that one. It was one of the Aeroart "elite warrior" series. They are limited to 100 - which sounds like a small number but when compared to some others listed in their book is about average or above average number. The others in the EW series that I have include Louis XIV and Henry VIII (his poor horse). I've bought a couple of figures from the Russian dealer Boris and have had good luck with him. Mostly the WWII personality figures that Aeroart will not carry for some reason (not political). They are fantastic but the prices have become unbelievable. I bought the prototype figure of Von Ribbentrop in that series, Patton, Churchill, Mussolini, Hitler, Himmler, Goering, etc. I collected all over the place at first so I have a wild assortment of Aeroart romans, greeks, mongols, civil war, WWI and WWII, Napoleonics and others.

Do we just run with this thread and hope it catches on? Being hidden like this sometimes it will be overlooked. Anyway anybody out their who collects these beautiful amazing expensive Russian figures please lets hear from you! Thanks Joel

I don't collect these figures (too rich for my blood) But I do look at this thread when it is updated. I appreciate the pictures you guys have posted also.

Keep on posting :D

Scott

Do we just run with this thread and hope it catches on? Being hidden like this sometimes it will be overlooked. Anyway anybody out their who collects these beautiful amazing expensive Russian figures please lets hear from you! Thanks Joel

Maybe Brad can merge it at some point with the other one and call it "Russian Connoisseur Figures." I think we are free to do anything we want with the current threads. So post away.

Can anyone tell me through an email how to post pictrues is it similiar to posting pictures on ebay? Anyhelp would be appreciated. Thanks Joel

Maybe Brad can merge it at some point with the other one and call it "Russian Connoisseur Figures." I think we are free to do anything we want with the current threads. So post away.

Please do me and the forum a favor post the picture of Saladin on the jumping horse if you have time of course I have only seen a small picture of it. Has to be awesome in a big clear picture. Again if you have time. Thanks Joel

Please do me and the forum a favor post the picture of Saladin on the jumping horse if you have time of course I have only seen a small picture of it. Has to be awesome in a big clear picture. Again if you have time. Thanks Joel

Joel- I have the time but it is the talent that eludes me. I haven't mastered the digital camera. I'll give it a try though here shortly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back