Connoisseur Figures (2 Viewers)

Can anyone tell me through an email how to post pictrues is it similiar to posting pictures on ebay? Anyhelp would be appreciated. Thanks Joel

Yeah, it's pretty much the same process. I use photobucket. On that website you can post up your pictures and then right click on the "img" link. Go to the TF Forum webpage and then left click to drop. It's so easy, a paratrooper could do it!! :D:D

Thought I'd post some pic's of a 120mm knight in tournament armor that has probably the most intricate painting I've seen to date.

ar41_l.jpg

ar41_man.jpg

ar41_man_r.jpg

ar41_horse_cloth2.jpg

ar41_b.jpg

Frank

Help Maah Boab....:eek::eek:
That 120mm Knight has got to be the most magnificent Miniature Figurine I've ever seen in my entire life. It must cost an arm and a leg. To be honest, I'd be scared to even have it on display in case dust dared to contaminate it. Household insurance would go through the roof if the assessors ever saw it in your house.
Thanks very, very much for posting those brilliant photos.

Cheers
(a still bemused)
H

Help Maah Boab....:eek::eek:
That 120mm Knight has got to be the most magnificent Miniature Figurine I've ever seen in my entire life. It must cost an arm and a leg. To be honest, I'd be scared to even have it on display in case dust dared to contaminate it. Household insurance would go through the roof if the assessors ever saw it in your house.
Thanks very, very much for posting those brilliant photos.

Cheers
(a still bemused)
H

It can be yours for a cool $8900.00 :D:D

It can be yours for a cool $8900.00 :D:D

Sorry, I'll have to decline the kind offer. I'd also have to buy a hermetically sealed glass case as well, otherwise my blood pressure would go off the scale every time Mrs Heid starts dusting.
It really is an incredible work of art.

Cheers
H

Gentle Friends,

I just posted a few pictures of one of my Connoisseur figures on the "Kool Kansas Knights" thread which can be found in the General Toy Soldier Discussion Forum. I hope you will view him and enjoy him as much as I do.

Warmest personal regards,

Pat ;)

I must say that is the most incredible figure I have ever seen - and it cost more than my car! :D

Beautiful, simply magnificent.

Eric

Pat, that is a beautiful piece. You have amazing variety in your collection.

I'm glad that I have limited myself to samurai when it comes to connoisseur figures or I think I'd end up broke and divorced. ;)

Here is a Pegaso 90mm piece that I really like (90-038 Templar Sergeant XIII Century)

Frank

Attachments

• 90-038_1.jpg
    90-038_1.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 482
  • 90-038_2.jpg
    90-038_2.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 554
  • 90-038_3.jpg
    90-038_3.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 422
I surley hear that, more than a few words have exchanged over my toy soldier collecting. Between the Russian figures, old timpo figures, K@C and now John Jenkins its been hard to pick and choose what I want.....aw who am I kidding I want it all!

Frank,

i have to say i regret asking you to post your samurai Connoisseur figures.

it's messing my mind up!:eek:

But short of being homeless,divorced and malnourished, there's no way i can afford these babies!

Congrats to you guys who owned these babies, as a fellow collector, i am truly happy to admire these works of art.

sincerely,

nasir kasmani.

Frank,

i have to say i regret asking you to post your samurai Connoisseur figures.

it's messing my mind up!:eek:

But short of being homeless,divorced and malnourished, there's no way i can afford these babies!

Congrats to you guys who owned these babies, as a fellow collector, i am truly happy to admire these works of art.

sincerely,

nasir kasmani.

Hey Nasir,

Collecting connoisseur isn't really that bad. I realized pretty early on that display space was going to become a problem if I kept going the way I was so I made a decision to get fewer but more intricate pieces. In the end it costs about the same and I find I enjoy each piece more. That's not to say I don't still collect some K&C, I'm just a lot more selective. The new HB Gold line fits well with this new collecting methodology as well.

Do you have samurai figures? If so I'd like to see them. Have you seen the Monarch Regalia line of glossies? It's extensive and beautiful.

Frank

Hi Frank,

As i mentioned somewhere, i had only dived into this hobby last year, having been a 1/6 collector for 5 years, so in my estimation, i'm moving along quite rapidly already.

but i dont think im mentally and financially ready for Connoisseur Figures!

Even though they dazzle me most of the time.:eek:

Away from the major manufaturers (HB, Figarti, K&C and CS) what i do have are some samurai cheap samurai pieces from japan manufacturers, like kotokibuya, kaiyodo, and such..

all the pieces are either popular culture -

akira kurosawa movies -

seven samurai, yojimbo, sanjuro.

or historical figures -

shinsengumi (famous Shogun's bodyguards - protect against loyal agents of the Emperor)

Im looking for pieces depicting 1) the 47 ronins and 2) Daimyo (Warlord) Takeda Shingen's forces.

I have no intention, and barely holding my discipline, target for the Connoisseur Figures yet.

But minding that if they do have the 2 categories im looking for, a major rethink will be needed.:rolleyes:

Attachments

• z1.JPG
    z1.JPG
    23.7 KB · Views: 375
  • z2.JPG
    z2.JPG
    31 KB · Views: 398
  • z3.JPG
    z3.JPG
    33.7 KB · Views: 1,013
  • z4.JPG
    z4.JPG
    29.2 KB · Views: 413
  • z5.JPG
    z5.JPG
    29.4 KB · Views: 420
Hi Nasir,

I can totally understand the mental leap that is required to get into connoisseur. I was so naive that when I got into this hobby I thought $30 for one figure was a lot of money. :eek:

I like your collection. Thanks for the pics. :)

I'll keep the things you are looking for in mind.

Frank

Currahee Chris posted a thread regarding Roman siege weapons and that got me thinking about some that I'd seen.

Here are some pics. Enjoy:

Attachments

• Roman1.jpg
    Roman1.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 622
  • Roman2.jpg
    Roman2.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 611
  • Roman3.jpg
    Roman3.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 434
  • Roman4.jpg
    Roman4.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 448
Pat, that is a beautiful piece. You have amazing variety in your collection.

I'm glad that I have limited myself to samurai when it comes to connoisseur figures or I think I'd end up broke and divorced. ;)

Here is a Pegaso 90mm piece that I really like (90-038 Templar Sergeant XIII Century)

Frank

I'm glad I have limited myself to WWII, but it aren't easy ;)

Those Romans and artillary are most impressive. Who does those?
Also, what does Connoisseur Figures really mean? I see the term used frequently for all manner of different manufacturers, some much more expensive then others. Also some with nice action, like these, and some more posing.

Those Romans and artillary are most impressive. Who does those?
Also, what does Connoisseur Figures really mean? I see the term used frequently for all manner of different manufacturers, some much more expensive then others. Also some with nice action, like these, and some more posing.

I currently have a deal in the works to acquire that Roman Catapult set- it is an absolute treasure. I have contacted a woman who does some of my artwork for me and her price is steep for this piece but fair. It will no doubt standout. It will probably take me close to a year to get the money scraped up but will be worth it. It is a piece from Andrea miniatures. They are actual kits that you assemble and paint so if you don't have any skill, like yours truly, you still need to get a painter. However, it does appear as if you can get them to paint them via ordering on their website so they can be had- expensive but worth it in the end.

You know, I'm not sure where the Connoisseur nametag came from either but I guess it's what's in vogue now so........ there you have it.

Hey Frank- is that out of your collection?? I am assuming it wasn't as you said you "have seen" them.

Truly amazing set!!!

No, I wish! :cool::)

I've still got several thousand dollars worth of samurai to work my way through before I start on another period.

I'm not sure where the connoisseur moniker came from either. It certainly has a snooty air about it don't you think? :D

The two pieces I've shown are Russian Vityaz PB200 (Catapult) and PB215 (Ballista).

Currahee Chris I think the piece you are refering to is SG-S05 from Andrea Miniatures, a beautiful piece (picture below). This is different than PB200

Frank

Attachments

• SG-S05-02.jpg
    SG-S05-02.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 836

Users who are viewing this thread

Back