Connoisseur Figures (3 Viewers)

I have a man who paints for me.His name is Paul Grasse and he does beautiful work.He owns Historical Miniatures in Virginia.www.histomin.com is his website he has done a lot of Vikings for me and is doing a couple of French & Indian war vignettes right now.
Mark

No, I wish! :cool::)

I've still got several thousand dollars worth of samurai to work my way through before I start on another period.

I'm not sure where the connoisseur moniker came from either. It certainly has a snooty air about it don't you think? :D

The two pieces I've shown are Russian Vityaz PB200 (Catapult) and PB215 (Ballista).

Currahee Chris I think the piece you are refering to is SG-S05 from Andrea Miniatures, a beautiful piece (picture below). This is different than PB200

Frank
This is the Andrea kit.I have the kit in front and it is exactly the same.The scorpion is different though.
Mark

I'm sorry I didn't read Frank's reply correctly.He is right.
Mark

Anyone know what is going on with Aeroart figures have been coming extra slow? Esp new ones?

Anyone know what is going on with Aeroart figures have been coming extra slow? Esp new ones?

Hi Joel,

I haven't been to their website for awhile but the samurai section looks replenished and a couple of new figures have been added since I was last there.

Frank

New figures seem to appear first on the ebay site. Given how chaotic the supply is from Russia some of these figures may never be listed on the Aeroart webpage because so few are ever received or in stock. That was the case with the WWI figures. Many that are listed are often sold out for months or years so it can be pointless. I've also noticed that the Russian dealer Boris hasn't updated his website in over a year. Maybe the nature of the Russian figures - smaller numbers produced and uncertainty of availability - is more conducive to listing only on ebay. Just my guess.

New figures seem to appear first on the ebay site. Given how chaotic the supply is from Russia some of these figures may never be listed on the Aeroart webpage because so few are ever received or in stock. That was the case with the WWI figures. Many that are listed are often sold out for months or years so it can be pointless. I've also noticed that the Russian dealer Boris hasn't updated his website in over a year. Maybe the nature of the Russian figures - smaller numbers produced and uncertainty of availability - is more conducive to listing only on ebay. Just my guess.

You're right about Kolobob's (Boris) website and it's a bit of a disaster area as far a broken links and the like. At least with him you can request any figure in the current catalogue painted to the level you can afford and expect to see it within 6-8 weeks.

It's time for a new item:

me33.jpg

me33_b.jpg

Doug asked me to post these photos from his collection. I'll let him do the explaining. Take it away Doug....

Attachments

• Combat 1.jpg
    Combat 1.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 392
  • Combat 2.jpg
    Combat 2.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 391
Great piece! What type of artillery is that? It looks like an early/mid bombard of some type?

Doug asked me to post these photos from his collection. I'll let him do the explaining. Take it away Doug....

Thanks for posting these Brad. Sorry for the poor picture quality. The front row of WWI figures are very limited Aeroart figures. Most were made in quantities of 10 or less according to their book. The Kaiser figure in the middle perhaps a few more. The back row contains several of the KC WWI figures for comparison. The Napoleonics are an assortment of figures - some from Aeroart and others that I picked up on trips to Paris and Moscow. Mostly personality figures from that era.

Those are very nice.

Nice to see old Belsnickle with the German command.:D If that was after the Second Battle of the Marne, they really needed him.

Great piece! What type of artillery is that? It looks like an early/mid bombard of some type?

Sorry, my knowledge of early artillery is very limited. Perhaps someone else can jump in.

Frank

Thanks for posting these Brad. Sorry for the poor picture quality. The front row of WWI figures are very limited Aeroart figures. Most were made in quantities of 10 or less according to their book. The Kaiser figure in the middle perhaps a few more. The back row contains several of the KC WWI figures for comparison. The Napoleonics are an assortment of figures - some from Aeroart and others that I picked up on trips to Paris and Moscow. Mostly personality figures from that era.

Great looking collection Doug. :)

When you start talking 10 figures I think you can say a piece is truly "limited edition".

I see Aeroart has a new Emperor Claudius figure. The Civil War line looks kaput with only one figure now listed on their website. Maybe they are moving slowly to an ebay only situation.

Attachments

• 6193.jpg
    6193.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 368
Egyptian:

Attachments

• hm0403_f.jpg
    hm0403_f.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 383
Louis II of Anjou (1377–1417):

Attachments

• 75-036.jpg