Connoisseur Figures (2 Viewers)

Look at that face! You can't get any better than this can you?

Paulo

Superb figure! Thanks for the photos. Kolobob offers the highest quality painted figures on the internet. He does not seem to deal in the same volume or quantity any more. Aeroart's stuff is nice, but they do not achieve the same level as Kolobob's best offerings. This level of painting is difficult to find and worth a premium.

Just reviewed all the photos and WOW you guys have nice collection of quality toy soldiers. After have manipulated that kind of figurine I think that is very difficult to going back and continue to buy any 1/30 regular toy soldiers....

Regards

How are Vityaz and Kolobob to deal with? Is their service prompt? How long and at what cost is shipping to the US? If you have a problem is there someone to talk to?

I see Kolobob takes paypal now, which is great. He's certainly upped his quality since I last visited his site.

Great figures! Thanks for the pix.

I've used Kolobob in the past for a couple of purchases and they seemed fine to me. The time in transit wasnt overly long and the packing was done very well. So I would recommend them.

Dave

Overall I would recommend Kolobob as well. I don't think he is doing the same volume of figures he has in the past, I do not know what is going on with him, seems to be more interested in photo equipment than miniatures. Packing and transit were good considering the distance. It is however a very long ways and I would think twice before coughing up for an intricate mounted figure for $1000. Sometime a little repair is needed. Foot figures I have had no problems with.
JW

Boris Kolomytsev (Kolobob) has been fine to deal with. I think the Russian packing could be better in general. Since these are one off pieces the foam is hand cut and sometimes the fit isn't ideal so delicate items such as the Saya (scabbard) can arrive bent. I have had a couple figures arrive with these damaged beyond my ability to repair them and Boris has taken them back for repair without any problem.

This is a new Caesar and Vercingetorix set from Aeroart. It's nice, but not sure it's up to $400+ currently bid on ebay:

Attachments

• EW10Main.jpg
    EW10Main.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 392
This is a new Caesar and Vercingetorix set from Aeroart. It's nice, but not sure it's up to $400+ currently bid on ebay:

I cant understand why people overpay for items on ebay . I can understand if its a piece that is no longer available and you really feel that you have to have it for your collection . But i see it all the time with things that are still available cheaper from the manufacture direct :confused::confused: I would think that the saying "a fool and his money are soon parted' would apply . Gebhard

Russian Vityaz PB701 (Samurai)
Nevskaya Miniatura SA08 (Ninja)
Hudson & Allen Marshland Scenic

DSC_0021a_2010_5_23_small.jpg

DSC_0017a_2010_5_23_small.jpg

DSC_0018a_2010_5_23_small.jpg

DSC_0024b_2010_5_23_small.jpg

DSC_0025a_2010_5_23_small.jpg

DSC_0026a_2010_5_23_small.jpg

DSC_0029a_2010_5_23_small.jpg

DSC_0029b_2010_5_23_small.jpg

DSC_0031a_2010_5_23_small.jpg

Now that's a display! Superb photos and figures, very real like:eek:.
Thanks for posting.

Paulo

Those are quite impressive. I expect I missed this in the thread somewhere but what quality level are those painted at Frank?

Very nice Frank. Question: how many different eras do you collect?

Bill, I have some Aeroart that I can do a few comparison shots with. There is some variability with Aeroart but IMO they hover around 7/10.

Rod, Currently I collect WWII and Feudal Japan.

Bill, I have some Aeroart that I can do a few comparison shots with. There is some variability with Aeroart but IMO they hover around 7/10.

Rod, Currently I collect WWII and Feudal Japan.

WWII from Fl ?
and Feudal japan from the Russians (aeroart)?

Cheers

I remember MICHIGAN TOY SOLDIER used to sell the FALKENHAYN, i also regreted not buying it!

I'm not exactly sure who or what he is supposed to be. I asked on the forum a couple of times. No one seems to know.

Here is Erich von Falkenhayn and a guy who resembles a WWI version of Sgt. Schultz:

Picture008.jpg

Question - Does any Connesiour company currently make WWI or WWII GERMANS ?
Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back