Connoisseur Figures (1 Viewer)

I just received my first true connoisseur figure - an Aeroart St. Petersberg Templar - and am looking at a few George Grasse figures. I know he was mentioned earlier in this thread but what is the overall opinion of his work? I am most looking at some of his Native American figures at the moment but any feedback would be welcome.

Eric

Gallic War Leader:

Attachments

• hm0604_f.jpg
    hm0604_f.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 269
I just received my first true connoisseur figure - an Aeroart St. Petersberg Templar - and am looking at a few George Grasse figures. I know he was mentioned earlier in this thread but what is the overall opinion of his work? I am most looking at some of his Native American figures at the moment but any feedback would be welcome.

Eric
His painting seems exemplary to me.

Eric

What do you think of the figure? Do you have a picture?

Suleiman the Magnificent - the latest of the Aeroart Elite Warrior series (limited to 100):

Attachments

• EW8Main.jpg
    EW8Main.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 259
Das Boot - Günter Prien from Andrea:

Attachments

• TR-06-01.jpg
    TR-06-01.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 263
I have been doing business with Mr.Grasse for about 4 years now and he always done a wonderful job for me.I have around 16 Viking figures/vignettes he's done for me.Now I'm getting him to do some FIW vignettes for me.I recieved one set recently called The Scouts and he has one called the Pursuit with 2 woodland indians running.Unfortunetly Mr. Grasse just under went a very serious operation but is doing very well and should be up and running in a couple of months.A couple of figures he did for me may be on e bay shortly,Vlad Tepes and El Cid.
Mark

What do you think of the figure? Do you have a picture?

I am very happy with it. It fits in well with my K&C Crusaders and Saracens - it stands out, of course - and is a fantastic piece. I will certainly be purchasing others as I am able.

TemplarSergeantBrother.jpg

I have been doing business with Mr.Grasse for about 4 years now and he always done a wonderful job for me.I have around 16 Viking figures/vignettes he's done for me.Now I'm getting him to do some FIW vignettes for me.I recieved one set recently called The Scouts and he has one called the Pursuit with 2 woodland indians running.Unfortunetly Mr. Grasse just under went a very serious operation but is doing very well and should be up and running in a couple of months.A couple of figures he did for me may be on e bay shortly,Vlad Tepes and El Cid.
Mark

Thank you for the response, Mark. I am impressed with the photos on his site and am very intersted in the figures he offers in areas which aren't as heavily covered - especially the Plains tribes of North America. I certainly plan to contact him and wish him a quick recovery.

Eric

Combat-

The figures are stunning! I am especially impressed with the Gallic war leader. Beautiful works of art.

Thanks for sharing.

Eric

I am very happy with it. It fits in well with my K&C Crusaders and Saracens - it stands out, of course - and is a fantastic piece. I will certainly be purchasing others as I am able.

TemplarSergeantBrother.jpg
That is a very nice figure. I thought someone here posted that the Russian figures tended to be on the small side. Does it match in size with the K&C Crusaders; can you post a side by side photo by chance?

I am not the greatest photographer nor do I have a great camera so I apologize for the quality. However, I think this gives a fair representation of the size comparison. I chose a K&C figure I believe has a similar "crouch." I would say the K&C seems a tad bit larger but when I have them mixed together it isn't at all noticeable. I think they mix very well together.

Eric

AeroartvsKC.jpg

Great Napoleon figure:

Attachments

• mof-38.jpg
    mof-38.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 338
Aztecs get mentioned now and again as an idea for a new line. I doubt it ever happens, but here is one:

Attachments

• aztec.jpg
    aztec.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 322
I have mentioned before George Grasse of Historical Miniatures (www.histomin.com) before and I wanted to let anybody whose interested to know that he is back painting after a serious operation and he his looking for work.
Mark

Users who are viewing this thread

Back