Conte Wish Lish (1 Viewer)

Ah, just get yerself a fresh one with a 0% balance transfer, and when you fill that one, start looking for another. What credit crunch:confused::D:eek:

Thanks for the financial advice Simon. When I finally manage to extract myself from the oxygen tent I'll need when the next CC statement comes through, I'll be sure to follow it to the letter.

Cheers
H

H,

Don't get your hopes up, Ken's site is notoriously out of date, so what he has avialable is best gotten via phoning.

Simon

H- Simon is quite correct however I can add a little more info to save you a phone call and your creaky credit card
At last months London Show Ken's Conte stock was almost depleted even before the show opened. I was after figures from FIW/ACW/Alamo/CC's....he didn't have a single one with absolutely no idea when his orders would be replenished so apparently RC doesn't talk to his product stockists either.

Lets hope one of the members here will pick up our issue with Conte and ask the man himself at the Chicago Show if indeed he turns up.

Reb

I've just read on Axis History Forum that 'Forgotten Soldier' is going to be filmed next year. Doug Nash, an excellent author of Easter Front books (ie 'Hell's Gate') writes that he has read the screenplay and that it is pretty close to the book.

Sooooo it would be great if Conte could do one of his movie links things and do a whole stack of Eastern Front figs. Or even just bring out Russians to go with the current Germans and 'cash in' - with my total blessing.

I've probably mentioned before but when the Romans come out I want the whole raft of opponents. Celts, Goths, Persians, Jewish revolt, Carthagians/Spanish/Numidians.

And to go with some sets of Revolutionary War Brits, some Jacobites - to my knowledge never before done in plastic.

Because I like to paint, I have purchased a lot of the unpainted Conte plastics--especially the Alamo and Civil War figures. Lately, however, I have been buying up as much of the unpainted pewter as I can find. The sculpting is the same excellent quality as the painted pewter.

The unpainted pewter was included in many of the playsets, but could not be purchased separately as far as I know. Now, however, some of these figures are showing up at toy soldier shows and on eBay. There are wonderful Alamo figures, Civil War figures, and Viking-Saxon figures to be had, but I hope none of you guys will be bidding against me.

I doubt if it will ever happen, but I wish Conte would produce these figures as an option to the painted pewter. I would like to see the AWI sets in unpainted pewter, and well as the Rogers' Rangers and woodland indian sets.

You can also buy them now directly from Conte on his site, unless they have sold out through his online store.

I'd like to see Norman Cavalry for 1066. Probably not a huge seller and a Huge investment, but I can always hope.
Fub

I'd like to see Norman Cavalry for 1066. Probably not a huge seller and a Huge investment, but I can always hope.
Fub

Cant agree more Norman Cav has been on my wish list for the last few years
would love to do Hastings but need Cav.. they would have to be plastic
but cant se Conte doing plastic Horses anytime soon :rolleyes:

Cant agree more Norman Cav has been on my wish list for the last few years
would love to do Hastings but need Cav.. they would have to be plastic
but cant se Conte doing plastic Horses anytime soon :rolleyes:
A good choice but with your nom de plume, I would have expected you to want some Danes and Saxons, as in the wonderful Cornwell "Saxon Stories" series.;):D

Any new plastic Dark ages Vikings, Saxons, Normans would be great.Cav still at the top of that list !
Loved Cornwell's Arthurian trilogy , Havent read the Saxon series.
Converting some plastics for a Norman Knight.Kind of a fight, but theres some potential.If I ever finish.
Conte did have some excellent prototypes of some new Dark ages troops at Chicago last year.Last I've heard of them.
FUB

A good choice but with your nom de plume, I would have expected you to want some Danes and Saxons, as in the wonderful Cornwell "Saxon Stories" series.;):D

Well we need more Saxon's thats for sure and maybe with the sheilds in front
would be good :D come to think of it how about Norman Archers fireing up
the Conte ones do fire down which are great for defending a Castle but for
Hastings they (Normans) are on the low ground.
better yet what about Vikings,Saxon's,Normans all done in the new poseable style or am i dreaming to much :D

You can also buy them now directly from Conte on his site, unless they have sold out through his online store.

Thanks for the update. I had not looked at the Conte site for awhile and you are right--there are "single color" sets (what I called unpainted, but in fact they have a base coat) of Alamo defenders, Civil War figures, Normans, Vikings and World War II available. Still no AWI or Rogers' Rangers single color figures.

Mike

He never made playsets of those other series you mentioned, so he never included the one color pewter with the sets like he did for the others. I would assume he never made the one color petwer figures for other then the playsets.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back