conte? (2 Viewers)

A challenge my Lord General from the young lady........The Lt.

captioner6100543.jpg
Quite a challenge worth taking;;) I would favor the long legged lass with the clingy black dress; you know "the sultry b**** with fire in her eyes" (Mash).:D

Anyone know where the ruin in the pictures background are from? I see the same exact one on ebay, is it a fish aquarium ornament?

Anyone know where the ruin in the pictures background are from? I see the same exact one on ebay, is it a fish aquarium ornament?

I believe it is, if you look carefully at the ruins of the Spartans at Thermopylae they are aquarium products...

Vick

Conte's website is showing a prototype BRAVEHEART figure!! I emailed Mr. Conte and he replied quite quickly with a yes- it's the real deal- to be possibly issued later this year.

I cannot wait!!

Don't suppose anyone knows where that stone bridge in the plastic Viking shot from Conte's Homepage may be found ? :)
and,to save a post....delighted to learn that Mr. Smiley has found his Southern Dead,Congrads,indeed :D
Best,John

Conte's website is showing a prototype BRAVEHEART figure!! I emailed Mr. Conte and he replied quite quickly with a yes- it's the real deal- to be possibly issued later this year.

I cannot wait!!

I wonder if this will be a new line or is the BRAVEHEART fig a one off much like EL CID & TEMPLAR figs :)

Don't suppose anyone knows where that stone bridge in the plastic Viking shot from Conte's Homepage may be found ? :)
and,to save a post....delighted to learn that Mr. Smiley has found his Southern Dead,Congrads,indeed :D
Best,John

I DO regret quoting myself :rolleyes:,but this bridge quest is well er just that ,a quest :eek: Imagine if you will that same bridge thronged with Jacobites....
any rate here's the pic

bridgeattackfrcr450.jpg

Thank you,Best,John

In regards to the bridge: That looks very much like an aquarium scenic that I picked up a few years back at a Pet Smart. Haven't seen it for sale in awhile. I'll check mine when I get home and see if there is a brand name on it anywhere. If it's the right bridge I'm thinking of, it's not really a full bridge, but more like a tressle with both ends ending in mid air.... if that makes any sense.

Best wishes,
Beau

Best,John
I'm 95% sure that the bridge was purchased at one of the pet store chains back in 2006. Most of the ancient scenics I use in the photos come from pet stores. I wish there was a good source for non-ruined ancient buildings.

Here's a little bigger shotof the bridge. (I hope it comes through)

best650.jpg

Thanks,
Joe

Last edited:
And here's one of the whole bridge. :D

Good spot Beau, it hadn't clicked until you mentioned that, then I realised I had one in the garage.

Conte German for scale:

IWMNorth049.jpg

Simon

Just to add, yes it is a aquerium decorative piece, but unfortunately, no markings or manufacturers details on it.

Simon

WOW :D Thanks Beau,Joe,Simon & Mark ,You Gents really have covered it well.
I may've hoped for a product a tich less ruined...but playsetaddict(Joe)'s dreamy shot illustrates the possibilities & Wraith(Simon)'s clearly tells the whole truth of the matter...I'll have to think on this one. May be high time I found out whether I'm crafty or not.
Thank You all for your thorough responses & the super photos :D
Best, John

And here's one of the whole bridge. :D

Good spot Beau, it hadn't clicked until you mentioned that, then I realised I had one in the garage.

Conte German for scale:

IWMNorth049.jpg

Simon

Now imagine a whole column of Romans marching across that all in an aquarium with cute little tropical fish swimming past and forever blowing bubbles.
That would be cool

Now imagine a whole column of Romans marching across that all in an aquarium with cute little tropical fish swimming past and forever blowing bubbles.
That would be cool

Excellent ! I anticipate viewing your fanciful little scene with pleasure :rolleyes:
Will you be posting it here or your albums ?
Best,ob

Users who are viewing this thread

Back