conte? (1 Viewer)

I have never been to Las Vegas and have never spoken to RC. I bought all my sets from Michigan Toy Soldiers and before them Arquebus, over the years.These include ACW (Troiani) BOSS, WWII Housecleaning etc and Rogers Rangers. I have a Viking longboat packed away and my brother in Toronto has two Roman Galleys( one of which is mine). I cannot comment about his service or his attitude towards customers. I just know that he made some quality product. His poses were unique and not generic.His boats are fantastic and unusual. I agree with the learned Reb that the SOS series,which I did not buy are grotesque and too big. But other manufacturers have produced duds as well. Not every series can be a hit.

All this negativity surprises me a bit. I accept he takes a long time to bring things to market but when he does it is great. The BOSS stuff took 18 months to get on the shelves. So far I have yet to see any other company attempt as realistic a take on the events of June 1944. His AZW stuff looks amazing. So far there has been no hint of it. Well that is fine. RC does not owe me anything. If it ever sees the light of day I will buy the series. If not well I will move on. I don't want to be best friends with RC I just want to get hold of some great toy soldiers. I don't take his delays personally and he can say what he likes about his employees or his dealers etc. I for one will not join the ranks of Conte bashers. As Breaker says "It is what it is"

Those are great figures Joe.

Are they yours and are you going to paint them?

Michael

Michael the figures appear on the Conte website opening page and are newly sculpted figures the figure of WE sure looks like Kurt Russel. www.conteco.com . Very well said and written Damian and there's no doubt the new Zulu War sets and figures will join both the 24th Foot and Zulu Warriors that reside in my Land of The Zulus......The Lt.

I have never been to Las Vegas and have never spoken to RC. I bought all my sets from Michigan Toy Soldiers and before them Arquebus, over the years.These include ACW (Troiani) BOSS, WWII Housecleaning etc and Rogers Rangers. I have a Viking longboat packed away and my brother in Toronto has two Roman Galleys( one of which is mine). I cannot comment about his service or his attitude towards customers. I just know that he made some quality product. His poses were unique and not generic.His boats are fantastic and unusual. I agree with the learned Reb that the SOS series,which I did not buy are grotesque and too big. But other manufacturers have produced duds as well. Not every series can be a hit.

All this negativity surprises me a bit. I accept he takes a long time to bring things to market but when he does it is great. The BOSS stuff took 18 months to get on the shelves. So far I have yet to see any other company attempt as realistic a take on the events of June 1944. His AZW stuff looks amazing. So far there has been no hint of it. Well that is fine. RC does not owe me anything. If it ever sees the light of day I will buy the series. If not well I will move on. I don't want to be best friends with RC I just want to get hold of some great toy soldiers. I don't take his delays personally and he can say what he likes about his employees or his dealers etc. I for one will not join the ranks of Conte bashers. As Breaker says "It is what it is"

Well said Damian:):D:) Maybe we can move on to more positive stuff. How about those Spartans? Wish there were more;)

Well said Damian:):D:) Maybe we can move on to more positive stuff. How about those Spartans? Wish there were more;)
For sure and plastic Immortals, which sound like they are in the works. While we are at it and in light of the two nicely shaped adventure misses, what about some Spartan women: "Clearly you don't know our women, I may as well have marched them up here from what I have seen...":D

BTW, I wonder which pirate woman is modeled after RC's wife?:cool:

picture.php

This picture makes me feel like Hawkeye will just appear over the ridge, and shoot the brave Huron warrior!!!

Vick:D:D:D:D

Last edited:
For sure and plastic Immortals, which sound like they are in the works. While we are at it and in light of the two nicely shaped adventure misses, what about some Spartan women: "Clearly you don't know our women, I may as well have marched them up here from what I have seen...":D

BTW, I wonder which pirate woman is modeled after RC's wife?:cool:

I will keep my paintbrushes crossed.;);):p;);):rolleyes:

I believe it's the blonde with the purple shirt,But does it really matter as you can't really go wrong with those babes.
Mark

I believe it's the blonde with the purple shirt,But does it really matter as you can't really go wrong with those babes.
Mark
True but.... inquiring mind(s) want to know.;):D Maybe I should try and pick up a delivery job for the move to be sure.:D

The website has gone through some changes as well. I am very hopeful that new product will grace our shelves and displays once more. I did notice the email address did not work for me.

Could this be the lady in question? I've a hunch it is but I've been proven wrong a time or two....The Lt.

Attachments

• queen224.jpg
    queen224.jpg
    12 KB · Views: 322
Could this be the lady in question? I've a hunch it is but I've been proven wrong a time or two....The Lt.
Could be Joe and that would be:eek: ;); however, he did say she was a model for a pirate lass, so......

Your welcome by Lord General I thought it was fitting and that you'd like it. Seems like your well on your way to completing your move and by the way so is Conte and I'm sure both of you will have loads of fun unpacking and finding places to store them. Caught Joe Baker playing again who as informed us the Richard's complete about 3/4 of his move which I'm glad to hear. In the mean time thought you'd enjoy these next two photos provided by our playset addict......Your Aide De Camp and Member of your General Staff....The Lt.

nativessky700.jpg

nativeattack1700.jpg

A challenge my Lord General from the young lady........The Lt.

captioner6100543.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back