Curio Cabinets...what's the best brand? (1 Viewer)

The ships are from the current Star Wars "X Wing" game and are a little larger then the Star Wars "Armada" game. There is not as much variety as the Armada game but the scale works better with the diorama pieces I have built already. You can get them on the internet or even at Target, Barnes and Noble as well as other stores stateside. We are not going to play the game so most of the ships I bought off the internet without upgrade cards or other pieces as we just wanted the model and it reduced the cost substantially. For the cost, they are pretty detailed and well painted. Hope this helps. Let me know if you need any other information. Thx Chris

The ships are from the current Star Wars "X Wing" game and are a little larger then the Star Wars "Armada" game. There is not as much variety as the Armada game but the scale works better with the diorama pieces I have built already. You can get them on the internet or even at Target, Barnes and Noble as well as other stores stateside. We are not going to play the game so most of the ships I bought off the internet without upgrade cards or other pieces as we just wanted the model and it reduced the cost substantially. For the cost, they are pretty detailed and well painted. Hope this helps. Let me know if you need any other information. Thx Chris

Great information! I am a fellow Star Wars nut and I have looked at the website that makes the models/game. Do you know if this is something that will be added to even more over time? Like with additional ships?

Mark, are those British troops from Britain's, from the Redcoats series? If so, that's an impressive collection! That's what I aspire to, a display of a battalion of the 1st Foot Guards.

The cabinet is beautiful, too, of course ;)

Prost!
Brad

Hi Brad,

Yes they are British troops from WB's Redcoats series. I am not a big collector of glossy figures but these were hard to pass up when they came out.

Mark

Brad, don't know exactly, they say they will be adding ships to match with the new movies. They have just added the ones from the latest movies that included the new style Tie fighters and X wings. Chris

Thanks for the info Chris, I looked at the "Armada" ships and they didn't look the same so i'll check the "X Wing" game brand you mentioned.

Tom

So...after that travel to a galaxy far far away, let's get back to seeing more pics of your collections in cabinets! :D

So...after that travel to a galaxy far far away, let's get back to seeing more pics of your collections in cabinets! :D

Yes, back to the cabinets, sorry if I went "off world" in this thread :)

Tom

My collection of flats presents different problems and opportunities for display and storage, not really practical to display them in a standard curio as the slightest bump sends the dominos falling, and the angle has to be just right. So I have found jewelry display boxes with glass tops a great way to show the troops and now I picked up a "flat" (how obvious was that?) filing cabinet. usually used for blueprints and prints the large flat drawers, 40" deep and 52" across is the perfect answer for me. still in the transfer process.
( it is sooo large it takes up too much room in my small man cave, so I'm still working on that)
Ray

That's a great idea on the blue print storage cabinets. Probably would work for other things as well. Chris

As a train enthousiast, I was thinking of ordering a model train cabinet. They are not that expensive and are available in different sizes. I store my toy soldiers now in their original boxes in carton boxes and would like to put them on display (the renovation of our house is finally done).

Someone who stores them also in these cabinets?

wall-cabinet-for-minature-trains-1.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back