Do you think K and C should revive Vietnam? (1 Viewer)

King and Country Revive Vietnam series

• Yes the series should be brought back

Votes: 60 56.6%
  • No the series should not be brought back

Votes: 46 43.4%

• Total voters
I like the M113's. There are not many pics of these here, except for the sets of Louis and Njja.

Raymond:)

Mick

"A dio of something like the Battle of Coral would look rather good".

You don't want much do you {sm4}{sm4}

However for the record I second your motion.

Regards
Brett

I brought this idea to light a few years ago mate and there was a lot of debating about it!:)

For me personally I think it would be good for them to, but personally don't believe it is ever going to happen:redface2:

I think a dio that has a couple of 1st Armoured Regiment Centurions, maybe a 3CAV M113 APC and some 1RAR soldiers against some NVA attacking through the paddyfields would be good.

Chuck in an NVA mortar team and some RPG carrying soldiers and it would be pretty awesome!

A famous Aussie battle in Vietnam!

Mick

Mick

"A dio of something like the Battle of Coral would look rather good".

You don't want much do you {sm4}{sm4}

However for the record I second your motion.

Regards
Brett

I brought this idea to light a few years ago mate and there was a lot of debating about it!:)

For me personally I think it would be good for them to, but personally don't believe it is ever going to happen:redface2:

Yeah you're probably right...But I did see someone give Andy modeling catalogs (I think modeling) at the Chicago show I think (or was it Westcoaster?). He quickly put it out of my sight hoping I didn't see it.

I saw it and then hoped. Who knows, one can only hope.

Carlos

I really think they should, but frankly I don't think they would.:wink2:
I only collect WWII, but if K&C released a new Vietnam range I would immediatley start collecting it, there is so much to explore, soldiers of different units, NVA, veitcongs, AFV's, choppers and planes... But it seems unlikely they woukd venture into this in the near future considering the little we gather of what their current direction is.

A resouding YES!!!! for me. I have a lot of good friends who are Vietnam Vets, like my buddy Rick Spinelli (in my wedding party - two tours in Vietnam), Doug Luna (a major collector from the left coast), and our good friend Chuck Harris. I think its about time we treated our Vietnam and Korean War veterans as well as the veterans from other, more popular wars, and commemorated their courage and sacrafices in our collections along side WWI, WWII and Gulf War veterans.

Here here, great post Louis, I am with you!

TD

I'd like to see French Indochina... maybe Dien Bien Phu as a series, but like the later 'American war' I don't think it's gonna happen.

Since one of my collecting themes (across manufacturers) is the "US Military from Jamestown to the Present" I would love to get a few Vietnam (and/or Korean War) figures to fill that hole in my collection.

Yes, in my opinion the figures, and vehicles are some of the nicest items in my collection. I think a new release would be very interesting, and well received.

Just went through all my Nam book collection and realized that I've spend so much time (when I was young :rolleyes2:) reading everything I could find about this conflict and the men who fought there.

think if this series would come back - including a nice Huey, M113 tanks and a nice collection of US Marines - I wouldn't be able to resist.

But how on earth can I ever complete my LAH, AE and FW series ... {sm2}

Oliver

hat would be great would be a Special Forces "A Team". I would dedinitely be a buyer. Larry.

Make that 2 :)

Imagine a Seal team dressed out with Stoners too....pretty cool.

Lot's of military icons earned their stripes in the Nam- Powell, Schwarzkoff, LG Hal Moore, etc- big time players who had a major impact in todays military.

Then, there's Westy...................{sm4} the point- Lot's of personalities could be brought into play too.

I voted yes because I love modern figures. But if K&C were to do something recent, I would much prefer something a return to Special Forces or the Arab/Israeli conflict.

Since there are people who've expressed interest in Vietnam, and Andy's stated there are no plans for it any time soon, I've got a number of excellent Figarti Vietnam pieces I'm willing to part with (many never taken out of the box). PM or e-mail me at marksable@aol.com if you're interested.

I wouldn't pursue this era, although know a number of people involved in the conflict. K&C should concentrate on what they do best,
they've spread themselves out too much already.

No, because I just don't have any interest in nam. But I would love to get a crashed helicopter to recreate a black hawk down moment. Other than that WWII is my main interest.

No, because I just don't have any interest in nam. But I would love to get a crashed helicopter to recreate a black hawk down moment. Other than that WWII is my main interest.

??? ^&confuse

Bro- are you saying you'd like a Viet Nam era bird (ie- Iriqouis/Huey) to be used to recreate a black hawk dio? The BlackHawk came well after our involvement in Nam. It's significantly larger as well.

All that boring history,,my primary interest was maintaining a relationship with my rear anatomy,,addicts quest is most likely for the incredibly popular somalia series done by,,,,,,,get a blackhawk kit and bash it,,not a huge number of hueys down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back