Does anyone know this brand? - French Napoleonic Gun Crew (2 Viewers)

mjmgoirish

Private
IMG_7675.JPGIMG_7678.JPGIMG_7679.JPGIMG_7681.JPGIMG_7682.JPG

Does anyone know the brand of the French metal soldiers in the attached pictures? I purchased this set when I was young and it did not come in a branded box. I would appreciate any feedback or wisdom from the group.

Thank you.

I'm sorry I don't have an answer for you, but I just wanted to note that I love that howitzer and trailer. And the figures are fine as well.

Joe

Hi , I have 2 sets one like this and another, Russian made St petersburg
regards
Trevor

Thanks so much. I really appreciate the feedback. I still have not been able to find a listing or manufacturers picture even with the name (St. Petersburg). Any idea the original list price?

Michael

St. Petersburg is not a brand but a general descriptor for military miniatures made in Russia.

Hello Michael,
As Jazzeum mentioned, many figures of this type are (made / painted) in Russia, mainly in or around the city of St. Petersburg.

I have about 9 of these Napoleonic Artillery sets. The company that I purchased them from is gone (It was named "The Lead Army").
However, I believe that "The Lead Army" just distributed them. Some of my boxes say "St. George Cross" which I believe was the original manufacturer.

A distributor of these (types of) figures is Nick Cameron www.crowntoysoldiers.com. He might be able to tell you more.

This is not my area of knowledge, so I might be a bit off base on some of the details.

Good luck,
--- LaRRy

I have heard of St. George’s Cross. I believe Mike Tarantino (ucla1967) owns some and I have seen a couple of his. They are nice figures in the Russian style but different than other Russian figures I own. If you contact Mike he may be able to help you. He is one of the most knowledgeable people I know.

They look like the style of a studio called Bijato. However, I saw their line more around ancients, barbarians and Vikings. Doesn't mean they didn't produce Napoleonics but the ones I have are from the other periods indicated. Really like their figures and most were very colorful and stylistic. Not cheap but not as expensive as some of the other Russian studios.

Achilles

Hello Michael,
As Jazzeum mentioned, many figures of this type are (made / painted) in Russia, mainly in or around the city of St. Petersburg.

I have about 9 of these Napoleonic Artillery sets. The company that I purchased them from is gone (It was named "The Lead Army").
However, I believe that "The Lead Army" just distributed them. Some of my boxes say "St. George Cross" which I believe was the original manufacturer.

A distributor of these (types of) figures is Nick Cameron www.crowntoysoldiers.com. He might be able to tell you more.

This is not my area of knowledge, so I might be a bit off base on some of the details.

Good luck,
--- LaRRy

"St. George Cross"
http://siberia-miniatures.ru/index.php?manufacturers_id=25

Hello Michael,

Good luck,
--- LaRRy

Yes, Lead Army was Sergei Ilyashenko's business. He retired from the business and sold it to Nick a couple of years ago. Sergei distributed a number of makers' figures, ranging from toy soldier connoisseur finishes. I have some of the toy soldiers he carried.

Prost!
Brad

These have Bjato Studio Bases and style, they may well have been carried by Sergei for Lead ARmy. Most of his Lead Army figures were made by St. Georges Cross. SO, basically on my knowledge confirming other's posts. Matt Murphy at Hobby Bunker used to deal with Bjato and may have more info. I believe there is a rather unique story of Bjato's fate and why they are no longer in business but I can't remember the details.

TD

Users who are viewing this thread

Back