Don't bunch up, Keep your distances ! (1 Viewer)

Excellent pictures Steve:salute::

You really do use some great back drop scenes :salute::

Cheers

Martyn
:)

Cheers

Martyn

Couldn't agree more Martyn ..... nicely done as usual Steve. {bravo}}

B. :salute::

Cheers

Martyn

Couldn't agree more Martyn ..... nicely done as usual Steve. {bravo}}

B. :salute::

Thanks guys ! :salute::

Backgrounds help set the scenario telling the story of what the little guys are up to I always think and worth the time looking for something apt to the scene when possible. Fortunately sometimes all you need is a bit of blue sky !

Steve

Morning Steve,
I have to agree with the previous comments here regarding the "backdrop."
Those two figures by themselves (which are nice figures) would not tell us much about what's going on without having a defining backdrop.
I believe that you mentioned (many moons ago) most of these backdrops are actually computer screens????

Regardless of computer scree, painting or photo ........ NICE!!!

LaRRy

Steve
You've become the master using your backgrounds to do these iconic photo shots, where your figures blend in seamlessly to build a stunning visual-keep it up
Pat

Morning Steve,
I have to agree with the previous comments here regarding the "backdrop."
Those two figures by themselves (which are nice figures) would not tell us much about what's going on without having a defining backdrop.
I believe that you mentioned (many moons ago) most of these backdrops are actually computer screens????

Regardless of computer scree, painting or photo ........ NICE!!!

LaRRy

Steve
You've become the master using your backgrounds to do these iconic photo shots, where your figures blend in seamlessly to build a stunning visual-keep it up
Pat

Cheers Larry ! :salute::

Yes mostly pics on the internet hopefully helping to tell the tale !
Maybe Ill get a bigger wider screen next time ! :tongue:

Steve

Thanks Pat It can be really interesting what turns up when I'm looking for a photo on the internet to match up with my smaller dioramic scenes and plenty of free resources on the web !

Steve

Steve, this is another amazing photo that is excellently staged against an incredible backdrop picture. Very impressive as all of your Viet Nam pictorial stories are. You really do have a good handle on this subject. All the very best,
Mike

Steve, this is another amazing photo that is excellently staged against an incredible backdrop picture. Very impressive as all of your Viet Nam pictorial stories are. You really do have a good handle on this subject. All the very best,
Mike

Thanks very much Mike for the kind words ! :salute::
I think that we all do well when we have a subject we are interested in as you do with the fabulous result you have achieved with your Flight deck and the effort to get details correct in your ACW dioramas and now the Battle of Hastings ! For some reason the Vietnam war has always interested me from an early age as has the early Roman Empire. Many other eras interest me too, but not perhaps to such extent.

Steve

That backdrop is worth keeping, so appropriate and iconic. Robin.

Cheers Robin ! :salute::

Yes Rice paddies quite iconic of that war and using photos of them helps to tell the tales for sure.

Steve

Great looking shots Steve. I just got this new set VN109 as well and they are nice figures.

Great looking shots Steve. I just got this new set VN109 as well and they are nice figures.

Yep, they're great poses, I've been waiting patiently since near the beginning of the VN range for them to appear and am sure they will feature in a lot of peoples dioramas and displays and am looking forward to seeing more of these type of poses !

Steve

Users who are viewing this thread

Back