EGYPT and THE SUDAN (1 Viewer)

Very nicely presented Martyn and I'm sure you'll agree there's never enough for something your fond of collecting. Great additions to your Little Legion Collection my friend.....Joe

Many thanks for all your kind comments Scott, Jeff, John, Joe and Raymond.

There are 24 camels in total Raymond, including 8 with the screw gun set. As my mate Clive has famously stated "you can never have too many camels":D

Cheers

Martyn:)

There's a fellow here in the States, a friend of mine and Louis', who I see mainly at shows, who must be the King of Camels. When I saw him at the March show here in NJ, he told he must have at least 1,000, from all makers.

There's a fellow here in the States, a friend of mine and Louis', who I see mainly at shows, who must be the King of Camels. When I saw him at the March show here in NJ, he told he must have at least 1,000, from all makers.

1,000 that's almost as many as Clive has;)

Cheers

Heavy Camel Corps, Guards Camel Corps, Egyptian Camel Corps and RA Screw Gun of the Gordon Relief Expedition

cc1-2.jpg

cc.jpg

cc2-2.jpg

CC5.jpg

Cheers

Martyn,

Nice camel collection, it almost looks like the display case at the Toy Soldier Shoppe.

Brian

Many thanks Brian and Michael I am really pleased you like them.

Cheers

Here is a picture of the figures available at the Toy Soldier Shoppe the photo of the natives did not come out.

Attachments

• Toy shoppe Britain 025.JPG
    Toy shoppe Britain 025.JPG
    39.4 KB · Views: 250
Here is a picture of the figures available at the Toy Soldier Shoppe the photo of the natives did not come out.

Thank you, Brian... It's good to know that they carry LL. How can I buy them? :( I wrote a guy a couple e-mails - no answer.... Do you know if they carry Error John sets?

Al

These are very nice sets Brian, did you see the Royal Marines and did you get my PM?

Cheers

Attachments

• LLM2.jpg
    LLM2.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 203
Thank you, Brian... It's good to know that they carry LL. How can I buy them? :( I wrote a guy a couple e-mails - no answer.... Do you know if they carry Error John sets?

Al

Your best bet is to call Paul at the shop: (414)302-1850) He is not into email. LL is frustrating for Americans to collect since Mike only has some of what he makes on the LL site and Paul has no photos at all so a lot of times you will have no idea of what you are ordering until it arrives. The only way I ever know what's new is from photos guys post from the shows or open houses. There is NO US dealer anymore for Errol John. Paul no longer carries EJ. EJ only does sales via the mail-no website. Being a Yank and trying to collect glossy Brit products is a nightmare.

I also found it very difficult dealing with the Toy Soldier Shoppe.
Apparently they have enough local business on LL that they don't really encourage mail order. When you speak with Paul he is very nice and anything I purchased of LL was delivered ok. The problem is you have to keep calling to find out what he has in stock. I asked him many times to let me know when new items come in but that just doesnt happen.

Fortunately I get to go to London for business several times a year and try to time it with the shows. That's where I pick up most of my LL sets.
I really like their Napoleonic cavalry which goes well with Trophy and ATS.

I am sure that LL sells out most of their production in Europe. It would be great to have a more proactive dealer in the US.

I also found it very difficult dealing with the Toy Soldier Shoppe.
Apparently they have enough local business on LL that they don't really encourage mail order. When you speak with Paul he is very nice and anything I purchased of LL was delivered ok. The problem is you have to keep calling to find out what he has in stock. I asked him many times to let me know when new items come in but that just doesnt happen.

Fortunately I get to go to London for business several times a year and try to time it with the shows. That's where I pick up most of my LL sets.
I really like their Napoleonic cavalry which goes well with Trophy and ATS.

I am sure that LL sells out most of their production in Europe. It would be great to have a more proactive dealer in the US.

My experience with Paul is a carbon copy of yours. He has promised to send me lists of what he has but this never happens. Once I received a damaged set and I had to wait 4 months for a replacement until he did his next order from Mike. That is not good customer service in my book. I have often wished that Treefrog would carry LL because they make a great product and Treefrog always is great to deal with.

I also like LL. Maybe we should start suggesting to Shannon to start stocking the LL line. We all know that it would sell fine.
JW

These are very nice sets Brian, did you see the Royal Marines and did you get my PM?

Cheers

No Royal Marines on the shelves. But they did just recieve a huge shipmnet from LL. I was able to pick up all of the new Zulu sets.

I did get the PM. Thank you.

My experience with Paul is a carbon copy of yours. He has promised to send me lists of what he has but this never happens. Once I received a damaged set and I had to wait 4 months for a replacement until he did his next order from Mike. That is not good customer service in my book. I have often wished that Treefrog would carry LL because they make a great product and Treefrog always is great to deal with.

I have not had a problem with Paul. The issue is that LL is a small family business and supply is the main problem. LL cannot produce figures fast enough to keep up with the demand.

Even if you order directly from Mike it does take awhile for product to be rec'd.

His procuct is in high demand.

Hi John: I totally agree with you about LL's figures and they go well with Trophy. After reviewing the previous posts, it sounds like production is limited and Shannon might not be able to solve that problem. After I saw LL's dhow in photos at the London show, I contacted Mike about ordering it. He said he was going to put it on his website and would start delivery in June. I would like to at least see a complete model with the figures and gun. However, no further information has been forthcoming. Maybe someone else has some news.

I have not had a problem with Paul. The issue is that LL is a small family business and supply is the main problem. LL cannot produce figures fast enough to keep up with the demand.

Even if you order directly from Mike it does take awhile for product to be rec'd.

His procuct is in high demand.

The biggest issue as I see it is that LL's website is not very good--the photos are of poor quality and for the Sudan/Egypt only a small portion of the products available are shown. I even offered my services free of charge to take photos for Mike. I am willing to wait for product but it is difficult when neither Mike nor Paul show what is available. That's why I finally gave up trying to collect LL. I think that the system only works for American collectors who can visit Paul's shop in person and for me it is just too far away.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back