EGYPT and THE SUDAN (1 Viewer)

Hi John: I totally agree with you about LL's figures and they go well with Trophy. After reviewing the previous posts, it sounds like production is limited and Shannon might not be able to solve that problem. After I saw LL's dhow in photos at the London show, I contacted Mike about ordering it. He said he was going to put it on his website and would start delivery in June. I would like to at least see a complete model with the figures and gun. However, no further information has been forthcoming. Maybe someone else has some news.

The biggest issue as I see it is that LL's website is not very good--the photos are of poor quality and for the Sudan/Egypt only a small portion of the products available are shown. I even offered my services free of charge to take photos for Mike. I am willing to wait for product but it is difficult when neither Mike nor Paul show what is available. That's why I finally gave up trying to collect LL. I think that the system only works for American collectors who can visit Paul's shop in person and for me it is just too far away.

Hi Tommy and Randy

I'll give Mike a ring tomorrow. When I spoke to him at the London Show he told me that the Dhow he had on show was a prototype only and the finished article could be different, he was still working on the Dervish figures and gun.

Cheers

Martyn:)

The issue is that LL is a small family business and supply is the main problem. LL cannot produce figures fast enough to keep up with the demand.

Even if you order directly from Mike it does take awhile for product to be rec'd.

His procuct is in high demand.

Well... obviously it's not exactly an American way :D... if your product is in high demand just hire more people and reorganize your production...if you do it money of course :D

Al

There is NO US dealer anymore for Errol John. Paul no longer carries EJ. EJ only does sales via the mail-no website. Being a Yank and trying to collect glossy Brit products is a nightmare.
Randy,

I can not agree more....I just found an article about EJ studio...

http://www.zoominfo.com/people/Pace_Errol_231147352.aspx

This article is 7 years old... it looks like there is no way, we could buy this toys on-line, you just need to fly there in buy them "direct"...:(

Al

Randy,

I can not agree more....I just found an article about EJ studio...

http://www.zoominfo.com/people/Pace_Errol_231147352.aspx

This article is 7 years old... it looks like there is no way, we could buy this toys on-line, you just need to fly there in buy them "direct"...:(

Al

You can write for a catalog and try to order by snail mail. He does not have email.

Errol John Studios
3 Field Avenue
Tydd St. Giles
Wisbech
Cambs. PE13 5LJ

The biggest issue as I see it is that LL's website is not very good--the photos are of poor quality and for the Sudan/Egypt only a small portion of the products available are shown. I even offered my services free of charge to take photos for Mike. I am willing to wait for product but it is difficult when neither Mike nor Paul show what is available. That's why I finally gave up trying to collect LL. I think that the system only works for American collectors who can visit Paul's shop in person and for me it is just too far away.

Visiting Paul's shop is a great plus. I am only 90 miles away so I make the trip a few times a year.

The Camel Regiments parade before their commander, General Sir Herbert Stewart, prior to leaving Korti on December 30th 1884 to attempt the Relief of Khartoum

camelcorpskorti1.jpg

camelcorpskorti.jpg

Display includes sets from Little Legion and Trophy of Wales

Cheers

Martyn

Martyn,

Happy New Year, it nice to see your camels on parade.
Your herd is growing quite nicely.

Brian

Martyn,

Happy New Year, it nice to see your camels on parade.
Your herd is growing quite nicely.

Brian

Many thanks Brian but the feed bill is horrendous:D

Happy New Year my friend

Cheers

After all the current news from Egypt here is how they dealt with Looters and “Incendiary” in Alexandria in 1882

LONDON ILLUSTRATED NEWS – AUGUST 5th 1882

ALEXANDRIA.jpg

ALEXANDRIA1.jpg

ALEXANDRIAFIRINGSQUADCARTOONBLACKAMDWHITE.jpg

Figures from Little Legion, Trophy and Dorset

Cheers

Nice to see you returning back to these type of posts Martyn. I enjoy seeing the drawing and photos brought to life.

Martyn,

Nice to see you playing with your LL.

Brian

Many thanks Brian and Michael, I am going to have to start delving into my ILM again

Cheers

Some of the new additions purchased at the London Show

Mounted Emir

EMIRLL.jpg

Two Dervish Flag bearers

CAMELGREEN.jpg

CAMELRED.jpg

Two more Indian Lancers to join the charge

INDIANLANCERS.jpg

Cheers

Here is a set I bought on Saturday, it is the Sudan version of “Saving the Flag”

SAVINGTHEFLAGSUDANSTYLE.jpg

Here I have used the main figure from the “Saving the Flag” set but this time the Officer is capturing several Dervish flags

First the Red Flag of the Danagla

CAPTURINGTHEREDFLAGOFTHEDANAGLA1.jpg

CAPTURINGTHEREDFLAGOFTHEDANAGLA2.jpg

Then the Black Flag of the Mahdi

CAPTURINGTHEBLACKFLAGOFTHEMAHDI.jpg

Lastly Ali Wad Helu’s Green Flag of the Kehena tribe

CAPTURINGTHEGREENFLAGOFTHEKEHENA.jpg

Needless to say the Officer involved in all these exploits deserves the Victoria Cross:salute::

vc.jpg

Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back