Exclusions From Bidding (2 Viewers)

I have listed SP012 Pontoon Bridge on ebay. Bidding is open only to Canadian and US Bidders. An ebay buyer registered in the Netherlands but who has the use of a shipping address in the USA wants to bid.

How can the ebay settings be changed to allow this person to bid?
Is it allowed to ship to an alternate address and still have Seller protection from ebay/paypal?

Terry

Hi, thats me. I asked you that question.i had that several Times, that sellers canceled my bid, because they thought they have to ship to Europe. Ihave ashipping Address in LA. I think their wollne nö Problem with paypal or eBay i have registered my Ship to Address with eBay and with paypal.

Best regstes panzerknacker

Hi There,

Not sure how to change the shipping issues but it has happened to me because I have an APO address that some folks wont ship too. So I have used my folks address or in some cases a friend. As long as it is shipped and insured to the address he supplies to you you are covered.

Dave

Hi, thats me. I asked you that question.i had that several Times, that sellers canceled my bid, because they thought they have to ship to Europe. Ihave ashipping Address in LA. I think their wollne nö Problem with paypal or eBay i have registered my Ship to Address with eBay and with paypal.

Best regstes panzerknacker

I have made an exception for you so you can bid. I believe it will work. I haven't blocked bids from the Netherlands, just stated that I would not ship there. I feel better that it is someone I know through the forum bidding. Good luck.

Terry

Hi There,

Not sure how to change the shipping issues but it has happened to me because I have an APO address that some folks wont ship too. So I have used my folks address or in some cases a friend. As long as it is shipped and insured to the address he supplies to you you are covered.

Dave

I contacted ebay and they didn't know how to do it either :rolleyes2: It took a while but I think I figured it out. I guess we will see when he bids - but I expect it to be ok.

Terry

Why exclude anybody. When I post an item for sale, I want the whole freakin' world to bid on the item.

Why exclude anybody. When I post an item for sale, I want the whole freakin' world to bid on the item.

Shipping. I have an item that might sell better in Europe but It should sell for $250+ in Canada, the USA or Europe. It might sell for a bit more in Europe or a bit more easily.

Shipped from Canada by air with insurance, a tracking number and a signature on delivery the cheapest is $113.50 - and don't forget the 9% tax on shipping by ebay - a total of about $125 or half the sale price. I can ship the same item to a Canadian buyer with the same postage features for just under $20. Or to the USA for $40.

How much would it cost you to send a 15" x 12" x 7" package weighing 2.7 lbs to Germany by air with a tracking number, insurance for $250+, signature on delivery and 9% ebay tax on shipping?

Terry

Shipping. I have an item that might sell better in Europe but It should sell for $250+ in Canada, the USA or Europe. It might sell for a bit more in Europe or a bit more easily.

Shipped from Canada by air with insurance, a tracking number and a signature on delivery the cheapest is $113.50 - and don't forget the 9% tax on shipping by ebay - a total of about $125 or half the sale price. I can ship the same item to a Canadian buyer with the same postage features for just under $20. Or to the USA for $40.

How much would it cost you to send a 15" x 12" x 7" package weighing 2.7 lbs to Germany by air with a tracking number, insurance for $250+, signature on delivery and 9% ebay tax on shipping?

Terry

But if there happy to pay it.................^&confuse

But if there happy to pay it.................^&confuse

It's not worth it. And if the item is worth only $50 or $100 and shipping is $125, it's really not worth it.

I have had inquiries from Europe/Asia/Australia on items and have yet to find anyone willing to pay it. They seem shocked at the cost compared to US shipping costs. And with the ebay tax on postage, I won't even bother.

Terry

It's not worth it. And if the item is worth only $50 or $100 and shipping is $125, it's really not worth it.

I have had inquiries from Europe/Asia/Australia on items and have yet to find anyone willing to pay it. They seem shocked at the cost compared to US shipping costs. And with the ebay tax on postage, I won't even bother.

Terry

Ive got 2 pontoon bridges might have to sell one mate if you had enquiries from here yeah i noticed its a bit rich getting stuff from Canada.

Ive got 2 pontoon bridges might have to sell one mate if you had enquiries from here yeah i noticed its a bit rich getting stuff from Canada.

I have had lots of enquiries for all sorts of models - not just the pontoon bridge. They were mostly models less than $100. Most of them could be shipped Small Packet - Surface International with no tracking or delivery confirmation and a 4 - 6 week delivery time which in many cases is 8 - 10 weeks and way past the date a buyer must file a merchandise not received claim with ebay which basically means refunding the item price and the postage. As soon as you go air with a tracking number the postage skyrockets.

So I sell only US/Canada unless it's to someone I know who will accept the long times and risk of shipping by surface with no tracking number.

Terry

I estimate Canadian air postage at double that of the US. Canadian Surface rates are cheap. I could ship the same $250+ model to Germany by surface for $21, but with only $100 insurance, no tracking number, no delivery verification, and up to 10 weeks transit time.

Terry

Terry

When I ship, I don't go in for tracking or signature on delivery. The ebay charge is a cost of doing business, not something I can charge the buyer, which I think per ebay regs is forbidden. Thus, my cost would be in the range of $26 for first class or $35 for priority, plus $5 for insurance. There is no way I would ever come up with a $100 plus amount for shipping.

When I ship, I don't go in for tracking or signature on delivery. The ebay charge is a cost of doing business, not something I can charge the buyer, which I think per ebay regs is forbidden. Thus, my cost would be in the range of $26 for first class or $35 for priority, plus $5 for insurance. There is no way I would ever come up with a $100 plus amount for shipping.

The cheapest by air to be delivered before the 45 day ebay "item not delivered" date hits is $50 with no tracking or delivery notification. Without delivery notification, there is no Seller protection from Paypal. The next air service has delivery notification, but it is over $100. That's how the Canadian rates are structured.

Mike just had an expensive shipment to Germany go astray without a good tracking number, and that is still not resolved. I will not ship items sold on ebay without tracking and delivery verification. So that cuts out everywhere but US and Canada and that's a big enough market for me.

Terry

Terry

I have shipped plenty of packages overseas and only one had a minor problem. As I have mentioned, Shannon has told me (and she ships tons of packages), everything usually gets there. If you're looking for a sure thing in shipping, it just doesn't exist unless you ship UPS of FedEx. Otherwise, to me anything going by the mails is always a bit of a risk, tracking or other gadgets notwithstanding.

In my view, to cut yourself off from higher bids is nuts, but to each his own.

I have shipped plenty of packages overseas and only one had a minor problem. As I have mentioned, Shannon has told me (and she ships tons of packages), everything usually gets there. If you're looking for a sure thing in shipping, it just doesn't exist unless you ship UPS of FedEx. Otherwise, to me anything going by the mails is always a bit of a risk, tracking or other gadgets notwithstanding.

In my view, to cut yourself off from higher bids is nuts, but to each his own.

If I'm not mistaken Brad, your talking U.S.A. shipping rates and Terry is saying Canada's rates are so way over the top which limits his options where in the World he can ship to?

So when you think about it ... we in the U.S.A. have it good because our postal rate are a bargain when you compair it to most of the World's rates . .

I have listed SP012 Pontoon Bridge on ebay. Bidding is open only to Canadian and US Bidders. An ebay buyer registered in the Netherlands but who has the use of a shipping address in the USA wants to bid.

How can the ebay settings be changed to allow this person to bid?
Is it allowed to ship to an alternate address and still have Seller protection from ebay/paypal?

Terry
Terry,

It's called (Bidder's Exemption List) You can add individual buyers here...copy their eBay username and paste into the empty box...add a space or comma to add additional buyers you would like...for blocking individual bidders you would go to the (Block Bidders List)...same thing, copy & paste

You will need to scroll down on this page link and select the colored link pertaining to "blocking bidders (blue link)" or "creating an exemption list, which means adding bidders (purple link)"

http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/buyer-requirements.html

Markey

If I'm not mistaken Brad, your talking U.S.A. shipping rates and Terry is saying Canada's rates are so way over the top which limits his options where in the World he can ship to?

So when you think about it ... we in the U.S.A. have it good because our postal rate are a bargain when you compair it to most of the World's rates . .

That's exactly what I am trying to say. Canada's international rates are about double the US rates. And while I will occasionally send a cheap item by small packet air with no tracking number - it still costs $50. If the package is more than 4.4 lbs or 36" in total length, width and height, it can't go small packet. It has to go regular air which automatically has tracking and delivery confirmation but is over $100. There are no other choices.

Terry

Terry,

It's called (Bidder's Exemption List) You can add individual buyers here...copy their eBay username and paste into the empty box...add a space or comma to add additional buyers you would like...for blocking individual bidders you would go to the (Block Bidders List)...same thing, copy & paste

You will need to scroll down on this page link and select the colored link pertaining to "blocking bidders (blue link)" or "creating an exemption list, which means adding bidders (purple link)"

http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/buyer-requirements.html

Markey

Thanks - I found it

Terry

terry, if you're buyer says he has a us shipping address and has reflected that address with both ebay and paypal then whats the problem? seller protection would allow for this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back