Falklands revisited (3 Viewers)

villagehorse

Lieutenant General
In anticipation of future releases of this fine series, a reminder of what's available now. Robin.

Attachments

• DSCN4426.jpg
    DSCN4426.jpg
    165.2 KB · Views: 684
  • DSCN4425.jpg
    DSCN4425.jpg
    199.3 KB · Views: 687
  • DSCN4424.jpg
    DSCN4424.jpg
    206.4 KB · Views: 684
  • DSCN4589.jpg
    DSCN4589.jpg
    232.4 KB · Views: 685
  • DSCN4590.jpg
    DSCN4590.jpg
    312.8 KB · Views: 688
Some more possible scenes. Robin.

Attachments

• DSCN4602.jpg
    DSCN4602.jpg
    295 KB · Views: 381
  • DSCN4608.jpg
    DSCN4608.jpg
    165.7 KB · Views: 385
  • DSCN4611.jpg
    DSCN4611.jpg
    183 KB · Views: 389
  • DSCN4613.jpg
    DSCN4613.jpg
    215.8 KB · Views: 395
  • DSCN4599.jpg
    DSCN4599.jpg
    262.6 KB · Views: 380
Some more possible scenes. Robin.

It is a pity that so much vegetation has ben attached to the tracks of this vehicle so now it only looks good when on the open tundra, not on rocky ground, sandy beaches or roads.

Maybe clean tracks would be better, then you add your own terrain ????

Just a thought, but love your displays,

John

It is a pity that so much vegetation has been attached to the tracks of this vehicle so now it only looks good when on the open tundra, not on rocky ground, sandy beaches, or roads.

Maybe clean tracks would be better, then you add your own terrain ????

Just a thought, but love your displays,

John

Totally agree John ruins the vehicle IMO, but agree another great set up Robin.

Fixing the track issue. Robin.

Attachments

• DSCN4764.jpg
    DSCN4764.jpg
    228.3 KB · Views: 382
  • DSCN4765.jpg
    DSCN4765.jpg
    218.6 KB · Views: 382
Perhaps it would of been better if K&C had held of releasing until now, when as Andy tells us future tank releases will all have the new metal tracks such as the new Tiger. It is what it us though and at least the Scorpion got made.

Thanks everyone for comments. Having some fun with these armoured vehicles. Robin.

Attachments

• DSCN4767.jpg
    DSCN4767.jpg
    193.1 KB · Views: 371
  • DSCN4768.jpg
    DSCN4768.jpg
    223.9 KB · Views: 380
  • DSCN4766.jpg
    DSCN4766.jpg
    240.3 KB · Views: 374
Perhaps it would of been better if K&C had held of releasing until now, when as Andy tells us future tank releases will all have the new metal tracks such as the new Tiger. It is what it us though and at least the Scorpion got made.

Hi Steve,
Alas it would not have been cost-effective to produce a smaller vehicle with relatively limited appeal such as The Scorpion in diecast metal…Mixed-media is still the most reasonable approach for both you and us.

Going forward K&C’s diecast metal vehicles will be for the larger land vehicles that have broad mass popularity.
Hope this helps explain our reasoning…
All the best,
Andy.

Hi Steve,
Alas it would not have been cost-effective to produce a smaller vehicle with relatively limited appeal such as The Scorpion in diecast metal…Mixed-media is still the most reasonable approach for both you and us.

Going forward K&C’s diecast metal vehicles will be for the larger land vehicles that have broad mass popularity.
All the best,
Andy.

Thanks for explaining Andy, always interesting to hear what goes on in the design and manufacture of the vehicles before they reach our collections.

Hi Steve,

All the best,
Andy.

Thanks Andy. I appreciate your approach to vehicles. Too much metal and too much interior detail usually puts vehicles out of our price range.

We got a lovely Tiger tank by you in 2000 or 2001 for $79 and it wasn't even a sale - just a slight discount. Now that's toy-Soldiering!

Your prices now are still barely in our range. I think you have struck the perfect balance of cost/detail with vehicles. Love the Scorpion, btw.

Best wishes and please keep up your style & quality of vehicle.
Paddy for Pat Sr. & myself

Last edited:
Thanks Andy. I appreciate your approach to vehicles. Too much metal and too much interior detail usually puts vehicles out of our price range.

We got a lovely Tiger tank by you in 2000 or 2001 for $79 and it wasn't even a sale - just a slight discount. Now that's toy-Soldiering!

Your prices now are still barely in our range. I think you have struck the perfect balance of cost/detail with vehicles. Love the Scorpion, btw.

Best wishes and please keep up your style & quality of vehicle.
Paddy for Pat Sr. & myself

Hi Mate,
Thanks once more for your appreciative words and very best wishes to yourself and my good friend Pat Sr.
All the best,
Andy.

Many obstacles to be overcome. Robin.

Attachments

• DSCN4769.jpg
    DSCN4769.jpg
    190.3 KB · Views: 277
  • DSCN4770.jpg
    DSCN4770.jpg
    210.4 KB · Views: 281
First of many Argentines to be captured. Robin.

Attachments

• DSCN4833.jpg
    DSCN4833.jpg
    147.7 KB · Views: 248
  • DSCN4834.jpg
    DSCN4834.jpg
    163.6 KB · Views: 245

Awesome setup and pics, villagehorse! I really like the K&C Falklands range and the Scorpion as well. In a world where most manufacturers make similar themes and subjects (e.g. Romans, Napoleonics, WWII, etc.) K&C’s Falklands range is a very unique collection 😎

A lovely scene Robin. Look forward to when you receive your latest K&C figures and create some unique scenes.

Cheers,
Grey

Hi Robin,
Congratulations on another fine display of British Forces making their way across the cold, windswept landscape of East Falkland….I really like the simplicity and creativity of just a few figures,,,an armoured vehicle…and the open country.
Well done mate!
Andy.

P.S. On one of your previous ‘Falklands’ posts you showed a repainted landing craft…A really great and inventive touch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back