Fancy a Knight out in Agincourt? (4 Viewers)

Well if you ever get out to the west coast.....{sm3}

I visit NZ every year now - to see my Grandchildren. Last year - we went via San Francisco - so..... stopped over and had four days in SF - and loved it. Just didn't like the Airport procedures much - as had four plane-loads of people to process through - and as we are a bit older - found ourselves at the back of a huge queue to get into USA! - No chairs of course - so had to shuffle through - and it took HOURS!!!!

So..............not going through that torture again this time - and going the other way around - London - Dubai - Singapore - Aukland.

BUT - never say never - and IF we do go back through that way - and have a stopover again (loved SF!) maybe we'll meet up for a noggin ( or pint of blood:D). jb

I visit NZ every year now - to see my Grandchildren. Last year - we went via San Francisco - so..... stopped over and had four days in SF - and loved it. Just didn't like the Airport procedures much - as had four plane-loads of people to process through - and as we are a bit older - found ourselves at the back of a huge queue to get into USA! - No chairs of course - so had to shuffle through - and it took HOURS!!!!

So..............not going through that torture again this time - and going the other way around - London - Dubai - Singapore - Aukland.

BUT - never say never - and IF we do go back through that way - and have a stopover again (loved SF!) maybe we'll meet up for a noggin ( or pint of blood:D). jb

Did you go to Sierra Toy Soldier during your stay over? I work there sometimes. It is worth stopping at.

Did you go to Sierra Toy Soldier during your stay over? I work there sometimes. It is worth stopping at.

No - didn't know of it's existence then KV. Stayed up at Cow Hollow - and hung out around the Bay area - doing all the tourist things = Cable cars, trip around Alcartraz on the boats - lottsa restaurants and diners ( recommend steak & eggs breakfast at Mel's diner!!). Fab place to visit with loads of stuff to see and do. Certainly no time for Toy Soldiers. {eek3} jb

No - didn't know of it's existence then KV. Stayed up at Cow Hollow - and hung out around the Bay area - doing all the tourist things = Cable cars, trip around Alcartraz on the boats - lottsa restaurants and diners ( recommend steak & eggs breakfast at Mel's diner!!). Fab place to visit with loads of stuff to see and do. Certainly no time for Toy Soldiers. {eek3} jb

I believe that is heresy My Lord General{sm3}

I believe that is heresy My Lord General{sm3}

In my defence m'lud - I wuz on my holidays - ( I believe you call it a vacation?).:(

(P.S. I did have a suitcase of German Flats - that I wuz taking to NZ with me - to keep me occupied for a while during my stopover!).^&cool:salute::

I have posted them elsewhere already - but these are a few I particularly enjoyed painting. I like doing them in gloss - which is a bit unusual nowadays - but that's just the way I like them.

These pics show a couple of sets I liked doing - French Napoleonic Artillery with Canon and Ammunition wagon with both teams and Officer outriders.

Then I did a trio of Carthaginian War Elephants - and also a Persian Chariot. Here's a couple of pics showing both sides again.

jb.:D

Your flats are excellent, John! I love the elephants!

Prost!
Brad

Learning all of the time with these Brad - but I too, thoroughly enjoyed painting the Elephants and crews.

I have a few more Chariot castings now - which I'm taking to NZ with me, to paint whilst I'm there, so should have a few more to show before Xmas.:salute::

I have posted them elsewhere already - but these are a few I particularly enjoyed painting. I like doing them in gloss - which is a bit unusual nowadays - but that's just the way I like them.

These pics show a couple of sets I liked doing - French Napoleonic Artillery with Canon and Ammunition wagon with both teams and Officer outriders.

Then I did a trio of Carthaginian War Elephants - and also a Persian Chariot. Here's a couple of pics showing both sides again.

jb.:D

Beautiful work JB, good to see them again. :salute::
Ray

Where oh where do you get those wonderful flats?

Short answer KV - is Germany. I always try to purchase my flats, as unpainted castings, directly from the supplier. Thanks to us being in the European Union (EU) - I can buy them without any import or other taxes. And by using Paypal to buy them (wherever possible) I can also get around the ridiculously high bank charges from converting ££££'s into €€€€'s. These are 30mm scale - and the Engraver was LECKE.

Here's a web-site that you might find interesting, which gives links to many of the suppliers I have used. An easy option is to order through Berliner Zinnfiguren - who I know have carried this line before.

http://www.flats-zinnfiguren.com/links/down6.html

To save you the hassle of importing from Germany though KV - these are available from closer to home for you - have a look here:

https://www.michtoy.com/item-TTZ-PW02-Roman_War_Elephants_Punic_Wars.html

The above are painted - so not sure you can buy them as castings from them - but you might ask???

Glad you like them too - jb

Beautiful work JB, good to see them again. :salute::
Ray

Yo Ray! I was really replying to KV - who asked if I had any pics of Flats that I painted last year whilst in NZ - but always good to hear from you. :salute::

I'll be off again soon - so have been steadily accumulating some more - for my "Flat" six-months. I have a number of projects now lined up - which include Polish Winged Hussars - the entire Crecy range of figures and a few more War Chariots and my "Pioneer family Wagon attack" - so look out for at least some of those - between now and Xmas.

Every time you post any more from your painted Crecy range - I've been keeping a copy - which are always useful for painting guides - so - keep up the good work!

Adios amigo! jb

Yo Ray! I was really replying to KV - who asked if I had any pics of Flats that I painted last year whilst in NZ - but always good to hear from you. :salute::

I'll be off again soon - so have been steadily accumulating some more - for my "Flat" six-months. I have a number of projects now lined up - which include Polish Winged Hussars - the entire Crecy range of figures and a few more War Chariots and my "Pioneer family Wagon attack" - so look out for at least some of those - between now and Xmas.

Every time you post any more from your painted Crecy range - I've been keeping a copy - which are always useful for painting guides - so - keep up the good work!

Adios amigo! jb

JB, Compadre, I follow most your threads so I knew you were responding to KV, but seeing them again is like discovering them anew. Think I like you better in NZ! looking ofrward to seeing the results coming down the road.
Take care friend,
Ray

I found some knight figures just looking for some inspiration. Also trying to finish up some large scale ACW. But soon my friends very very soon.

Stupendous! I am almost embarrassed to show you my poor knights. I made these from the Lil Army molds.knights.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back