Fargo (2 Viewers)

It's weird to see Ray Wise in this show when he is also a character in Twin Peaks that is also airing. The whole bowling alley scene had a dream lilke TP-like feel about it. Also weird to see the guy from Z Nation. Pretty good episode. Maybe the best one of this season. I didn't follow the whole Cossack/Yuri theme. Yuri seemed a bit young to have been responsible for any of that.

This was by far my favorite episode, looks like we're heading for a nice conclusion, hard to believe this series is wrapping up, seems like it just started.

The first season is still my favorite, the second one was very good, this one.................not so much.

agreed...
this is not one of my favorite Fargo series...
still...it's entertaining...
so bizarre I can't turn away til I see the ending...

Well, the final episode is going to have a lot of work to do wrapping this all up. Lots of loose ends flapping in the breeze but it is going to be fun. -- Al

Well, the final episode is going to have a lot of work to do wrapping this all up. Lots of loose ends flapping in the breeze but it is going to be fun. -- Al
Very neat finale. Appropriately weird demises and answers. I enjoyed the show. -- Al

I thought this one fizzled out. A lot of it was wildly unrealistic. I was also confused when Emmit appeared to run out of gas but then after the cop is killed he jumps back in and drives off. He also left pieces of his broken phone all over the road. Still a cut better than most TV shows.

did not notice those loose ends til you mentioned them...

I wanted a little more closure...
especially on the fate of Vargas...
he was a despicable character that deserved prison...
but I guess the Coen brothers left the ending up to the viewer...

Would have been a great ending to pan out after the bullet to the head on Christmas, but I guess there was one more loose end to be tied up.

So in the end, the mute assassin and the police officer made out ok, everyone else is either dead or living in the fruit and produce section drooling on themselves.

For three years running, crime does not pay fellas.

Hard to remember but this season began with an East German officer interrogating some poor guy who apparently lived at an address where the tenant of record was wanted for murdering his wife. He was stuck between admitting the crime or suggesting that the state was wrong because he wasn't the person who they thought lived there. In effect the state was creating the "reality" or "truth" by making him accept the responsibility even though they knew he wasn't the person they were looking for. The season ended with a similar confrontation in which Varga and Burgle debate interpretations of past events leaving ambiguous how the truth in the modern world gets sorted out but suggesting that it might not be much less absurd. Varga's interpretation of events could be deemed the "official" truth even if completely contrary to the actual facts. It was a nice bookend.

I've read that this is the last season, which would be too bad, but all good things must come to an end.

I hope not, but we'll just have to see.

The new season snuck up on me. I watched episode one. It was pretty good but the pattern is getting a bit repetitive if you have seen past seasons. Still better than 90% of the junk on cable TV.

Hard to believe this threads been dormant for six years. Set to record but will wait for more episodes before watching.

I love the first two episodes of this new series. Looking forward to the next instalments.

Things got super weird in episode 3. In went completely sideways as in Twin Peaks meets the X-files with the sin eater.

Things got super weird in episode 3. In went completely sideways as in Twin Peaks meets the X-files with the sin eater.

I agree...completely left field. Looking forward to tomorrow's episode.

Last night's episode "The Tender Trap" was excellent. I enjoyed the episode very much.

Watched the first 5 episodes and think it well done.

Yes, a good show but they are wildly overplaying the "tiger" nonsense. I know there is a feminist theme, but no woman or man is going to outwit and fight a gang of killers over and over again. The politics are subtle, but predictable. White men are racist, wife beaters or lazy man-children. Still a good show.

Yes, a good show but they are wildly overplaying the "tiger" nonsense. I know there is a feminist theme, but no woman or man is going to outwit and fight a gang of killers over and over again. The politics are subtle, but predictable. White men are racist, wife beaters or lazy man-children. Still a good show.

I think Jennifer Jason Leigh plays her part to perfection.

I'm all caught up. No spoiler but I hate it when the plot is driven by endless random coincidences. Characters encountering each other in hospitals and at gas stations. What are the odds? No mas. Still a great show but the lazy random meetings are driving me nuts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back