Fargo (1 Viewer)

Not the greatest finale. A lot of characters like Peggy went out with a fizzle. I will have to go back and watch the first episode again but I read something about it revealing that the cops wife died from her cancer. Anyway, great show. Season three is on the way. From the dream sequence it seemed like the cop in this season was the father figure who ran the diner in season one.
It is the same character, Lou Solverson. His little girl, Molly, in season 2, grows up to be Molly the cop in Season 1. -- Al

Not the greatest finale. A lot of characters like Peggy went out with a fizzle. I will have to go back and watch the first episode again but I read something about it revealing that the cops wife died from her cancer. Anyway, great show. Season three is on the way. From the dream sequence it seemed like the cop in this season was the father figure who ran the diner in season one.

Peggy went out the way she came in; it was all about her. Loved it when she was babbling in the cruiser about the crime she committed and she was talking about the guy she killed that started the entire mess and the officer said "You mean the victim?".................brilliant.

All in all, this show was brilliant, I thought they would not be able to top season 1, but IMO, they did.......................

The highest compliment I can give these 2 seasons is that I was never able to figure the twists and turns before they occurred. Nothing was telegraphed. The series is now my favorite on the tube. I didn't think Season 1 could be topped (like True Detective, which couldn't repeat it's success), but Season 2 was just as good, if not better. Now, that's entertainment. :wink2: -- Al

Just a little disappointed in the finale, but still a great series ..... have to give a slight edge to Season 1. Kinda sorry to see Ed get killed, thought he was likable character, Peggy ... not so much, should have been her and the Indian in a fight to the death. Was hoping to see both Mike Milligan and Hanzee, two characters that I enjoyed for the first 6-7 episodes then grew to hate, get blown away in the end ..... but maybe at least with Milligan being assigned to a desk-job in a 6X6 sterile office we can look at that as his death sentence. Not quite as well wrapped up as Lester and Billy Bob getting their tickets punched in S-1, but still the best show on TV. Looking forward to Season 3 - I hope.

B.

I agree ending a bit anti climatic but still my favorite show this year on TV.
George don't understand unless I missed it, where you said you now know where Billy Bob Thornton came from?
Have S-2 DVR'd will watch it again to pick up parts I missed.
Gary

George don't understand unless I missed it, where you said you now know where Billy Bob Thornton came from?
Gary

Gary...

I didn't get that either...

where did Billy Bob come from?

Gary

Gary,
I thought initially after seeing the final episode that Hanzee, after extensive plastic surgery, became the Thornton character.

After watching the finale again last night, I don't think that is the case...................

Gary,
I thought initially after seeing the final episode that Hanzee, after extensive plastic surgery, became the Thornton character.

After watching the finale again last night, I don't think that is the case...................

I think Hanzee went on to become John Redcorn in King of the Hill. He is a dead ringer for him. LOL. It would be interesting if the show continues to go back in time to the frontier days. There were a lot of references to the past. Somewhat like No Country for Old Men.

I think Hanzee went on to become John Redcorn in King of the Hill. He is a dead ringer for him. LOL. It would be interesting if the show continues to go back in time to the frontier days. There were a lot of references to the past. Somewhat like No Country for Old Men.
Interesting concept, but I don't see Hanzee becoming a masseuse as Redcorn was.{eek3}{sm3}-- Al

Interesting concept, but I don't see Hanzee becoming a masseuse as Redcorn was.{eek3}{sm3}-- Al

hmmmmmmmmmmm...

Peggy from Fargo...

John Redcorn...

Peggy Hill...

the coincidences are too amazing to ignore...

it makes you wonder...

there may be room in my life for Searching for Hitler...

hmmmmmmmmmmm...

Peggy from Fargo...

John Redcorn...

Peggy Hill...

the coincidences are too amazing to ignore...

it makes you wonder...

there may be room in my life for Searching for Hitler...
Hmmmmm...Dale Grible...Adolf Hitler...could be...

Old Dale is a classic conspiracy theorist himself.
Indeed. He lives for conspiracy. He is the funniest character on the show, although Cotton's baiting of 'Hank's wife' is pretty funny. ^&grin -- Al

For the Fargo fans, the new season starts tomorrow (Wednesday, the 19th) night, at 10pm EST on FX. Be there or be square. -- Al

Three of my favorites all started just recently, Better Call Saul, Veep & Fargo. Oh and the best, NHL playoffs, Blues 3 up on Minnesota! Chicago down 3. Who would of thought.
Gary

I enjoyed the first season a lot with the exception of the UFOs. Hopefully they can match it.

A first episode worthy of the title 'Fargo'. Odd characters, odd coincidences, dumb criminals, it's got it all. Looking forward to this season, and watch out for flying appliances. :wink2:^&grin -- Al

Not a bad first episode. Probably not as good as the first season but that is usually the case. A bit much with the constant music though. I thought I was watching Miami Vice a couple of times.

Death by window AC unit; that'll leave a mark.

I love it already; the nitwit robs the wrong house, offs the sheriff's Father, the nitwit brother is in deep "That wasn't a loan"...............

Users who are viewing this thread

Back