Fargo (2 Viewers)

Ray...

another funny/creepy quote from the same episode...

when Bear refused the first couple of phone calls from Ed to barter Dodd....

Peggy asked Ed (the butcher)...

what are we gonna do if they keep ignoring us...

he replied...

"I'll show them where the flank steak is"...

gotta love the Coen brothers...

Massacree! And it still isn't over. What a show.^&grin -- Al

awwwwwww...

come on man...

tell me it isn't so...

this has been one of the best crime dramas I have ever seen...

but this episode lost all credibility...

really?

a UFO in the middle of the Massacre?

please...

why would they ruin this show with that nonsense?

awwwwwww...

come on man...

tell me it isn't so...

this has been one of the best crime dramas I have ever seen...

but this episode lost all credibility...

really?

a UFO in the middle of the Massacre?

please...

why would they ruin this show with that nonsense?

Yup, my thoughts exactly; a flying saucer, are you kidding me.................sorry, that was just plain idiotic.

At this point, I hope the indian gets away, but I don't think he's going to; hoping the butcher and his fleabrained wife both buy it, they are in this mess totally due to her..............and her friend died too because of her...................hoping the last episode does not involve an alien invasion.

Yeah, I didn't get the UFO bit either, except it is Fargo. It was hinted at in the very first episode, so the reappearance of aliens wasn't totally unexpected, but why right in the middle of the shootout and to what point? The UFO didn't play any real part other than distracting Bear long enough for Solverson to get his Colt back and blow Bear's brains out, so I guess you could say the UFO helped save Solverson's life.:rolleyes2: All in all, the UFO thing seems totally unnecessary unless something else is in store for it. -- Al

you know...

they make a huge point at the beginning of each episode with a disclaimer how this is a true story...
names changed to protect the survivors...
truth told to honor the dead...
yada yada yada...
or whatever it says...

I thought these were real stories...

I really did...^&grin...

I thought these were taken from real events...

are they not?

I feel dirty now...deceived...taken for a ride...^&grin

I missed last night's show. Will there be another episode next week? Wild show. John:(

I missed last night's show. Will there be another episode next week? Wild show. John:(

John...
I think there is one more episode and that is the season finale...
this was a good episode...

but it reminded me of Season 1's episode with fish falling from the sky...

a bizarre twist that I didn't find plausible...

Yup, my thoughts exactly; a flying saucer, are you kidding me.................sorry, that was just plain idiotic.

At this point, I hope the indian gets away, but I don't think he's going to; hoping the butcher and his fleabrained wife both buy it, they are in this mess totally due to her..............and her friend died too because of her...................hoping the last episode does not involve an alien invasion.

come on man...

you don't like Peggy...

I know you could of used her as your wing man when you used to bounce club doors...

she's a brute...

I love that goofy broad...

Peggy don't play!

come on man...

you don't like Peggy...

I know you could of used her as your wing man when you used to bounce club doors...

she's a brute...

I love that goofy broad...

Peggy don't play!

I sure could have used a wing man like her on many a night, that is for sure.

I love the indian, he's the best, the lawyer too, he stole every scene he was in.

Ted Danson did a good job in this series, as did the actor who played his son in law.

Wonder what happened to his wife; also, I wonder about the daughter that got taken out into the woods, no gunshot sound, wonder if she got away somehow, maybe we'll find out next week.

Man, that whole family got wiped out; father, mother, two sons, the daughter (maybe), the son is in the slammer, who's left?

I sure could have used a wing man like her on many a night, that is for sure.

I love the indian, he's the best, the lawyer too, he stole every scene he was in.

Ted Danson did a good job in this series, as did the actor who played his son in law.

Wonder what happened to his wife; also, I wonder about the daughter that got taken out into the woods, no gunshot sound, wonder if she got away somehow, maybe we'll find out next week.

Man, that whole family got wiped out; father, mother, two sons, the daughter (maybe), the son is in the slammer, who's left?

yea...

they showed his wife on the kitchen floor...I think she's finished...

and pretty sure the implication was that Bear killed Dodd's daughter and left her in the woods...

who's left...

the Indian...

Mike Milligan and his mute monster man...

Peggy and Ed...

and of course the aliens...

Yeah, things didn't turn out so well for the Gerhardt family. Only the grandson with the bad hand is left. Crime doesn't pay, or so they say. -- Al

Yeah, I didn't get the UFO bit either, except it is Fargo. It was hinted at in the very first episode, so the reappearance of aliens wasn't totally unexpected, but why right in the middle of the shootout and to what point? The UFO didn't play any real part other than distracting Bear long enough for Solverson to get his Colt back and blow Bear's brains out, so I guess you could say the UFO helped save Solverson's life.:rolleyes2: All in all, the UFO thing seems totally unnecessary unless something else is in store for it. -- Al

The best I can make of Ronald Reagan, UFOs, and those old movies Peggy keeps watching is some theme about whether people are alone or there is a hero/presence ready to intervene on their behalf. Or maybe not. It was pretty kooky. What was with the Ted Danson character having all those symbols in his study when his daughter went to feed the cat?

Just watched episode 9 last night. Mike brought up about the falling fish in season #1 which wasn't explained which I thought for sure in the final episode next week the UFO would have a logical explanation now I don't know.
I'm not one for far fetched stories but in the case of Fargo I love it.
I have a feeling the indian will escape or the butchers wife will kill him. She seems to be the only one capable of killing and getting away with it.
Great show.
Gary

And............................................fin.

Ok, not what I was expecting.

A bit of a downer, but after the bloodbath last week, it is what it is.

Guess we found out what happened to the daughter.

And Milligan goes corporate.............ok then.

But at least we found out where the Billy Bob Thorton character originated from.

And now I know who invented these......{eek3}:salute:::wink2:^&grin.........

Last edited:
Yes, it was anti-climatic but thoroughly in line with the kind of ending you might expect from Fargo. Ho-hum, life goes on. Peggy headed to the slammer, Hanzee on the loose, the KC thug ends up behind a desk, and the poor butcher ends up on the short end. I kind of liked the dream sequence as a nod to Raising Arizona. I was hoping for a more dynamic tying up of loose ends but, as George says, it is what it is, Fargo. I still don't know what the necessity of the UFO was, other than giving Solverson a chance to kill Bear. -- Al

Not the greatest finale. A lot of characters like Peggy went out with a fizzle. I will have to go back and watch the first episode again but I read something about it revealing that the cops wife died from her cancer. Anyway, great show. Season three is on the way. From the dream sequence it seemed like the cop in this season was the father figure who ran the diner in season one.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back