Favorite King and Country Dealers (2 Viewers)

Can anyone please tell me what Nuggets/Rivets are (Sierra/TF respectively). I hear about these programs but have no idea what they are- what am I missing? Figure over the past couple years I should have some kind of accumulation of these rivets/nugget thingees.............

I have bought from many dealers, and they were all good, but I have only been to a couple of the actual stores. My favorite was Gideon's old store in NYC. He had great stuff besides toy soldiers, and there used to be a comic books store next door that sold Dragon figures. Another great store is Maitland Toys in Ontario. The people are great and the store is located in an old Victorian or Edwardian house that is beautifully preserved. The town of Goderich where the store is located is one of the prettiest little towns I've ever been, on the shores of the lake, with good food and very relaxing. It is worth spending a whole weekend in the place.

Can anyone please tell me what Nuggets/Rivets are (Sierra/TF respectively). I hear about these programs but have no idea what they are- what am I missing? Figure over the past couple years I should have some kind of accumulation of these rivets/nugget thingees.............

Hi Chris,
You'll need to talk to the dealers directly as the exact terms and conditions of their customer appreciation/loyalty programs are not intended to be made public. Now you know who to talk to :wink2:.
Cheers,

You would think so:wink2:....It's kinda like the local "Stop and Shop" gasoline credit points:wink2:....My wife keeps up on it^&grin

To reaffirm how great great Troops of Time and Tim Tyler are, he's found and traded for me a Winter Ambulance for great price. Over retail sure, but not too much!

To reaffirm how great great Troops of Time and Tim Tyler are, he's found and traded for me a Winter Ambulance for great price. Over retail sure, but not too much!

Tim is a great gentleman and a dear friend. He represents the best aspects of this hobby.:smile2:

Tim is a great gentleman and a dear friend. He represents the best aspects of this hobby.:smile2:

Tim and Troops of Time are the best. His shop is great also.

I like Treefrog for the forum, but I have to say everytime I order something it arrives broke. I think shipping from Minn to Florida is just to far to go.

I like Treefrog for the forum, but I have to say everytime I order something it arrives broke. I think shipping from Minn to Florida is just to far to go.

While I totally agree with you about Tim, I have to disagree with your Treefrog comments. Everything I have ever received from Treefrog has arrived safely and well packed. Plus, knowing Pete and Shannon if you had a problem, they would immediately correct it. They also represent the best in this hobby.:smile2:

While I totally agree with you about Tim, I have to disagree with your Treefrog comments. Everything I have ever received from Treefrog has arrived safely and well packed. Plus, knowing Pete and Shannon if you had a problem, they would immediately correct it. They also represent the best in this hobby.:smile2:

They are very nice and tried to correct the problems. But I had my WS074 arrive broken (and I returned), a bag of tank traps were crushed and my Hurricane RAF-0007 arrived with the wing sheared clear off (to name a few). Since it was the last one on stock, I super glued it and Shannon was able to get the paint colors for touch up. It came out OK, most people could not tell, but a collector could. I almost did not order the last Hurricane because I feared it would arrive broken (like other packages) and when it did my heart sank.

They were great in helping and I'm sure it happened in transit, but I have not ordered from treefrog in over a year. I'm not angry or anything. They do a great job and the message board is awesome. I just decided to start looking elsewhere.

I've since meet Tim at Troops of Time, they are closer to my home in Florida and I've actually been able to visit the shop. He even stayed open late one night for me.

I get stuff from Treefrog sent to Australia and never had a breakage and its a bit further.............^&confuse^&confuse

paul hermann of the toy soldiers shoppe in milwaukee is always a pleasure to deal with.

hi brian, i agree with you wholeheartedly, paul is a great guy and his shop is very nice. I just wish i could get up to milwaukee more often. Of course paul is always at ostn in chicago with alot of goodies you do not get to see alot of. Ats,ll and kc

I'll add another vote for Treefrog Treasures! I enjoy the people, the service is great, the website is usually very accurate about what's in stock, they accept many forms of payment (very conenient). I also enjoy buying from George at Minuteman. I have nothing against the many other fine dealers out there, but these two get a lot of my business becuase I have built relationships with them. I'm a creature of habit.

Sierra and Hobby Bunker have also helped me get some items and I also buy accessories, books and paints from Michigan Toy Soldiers.

Gary B.

Here's a plug for you Brett! I find Brett at the Militaryworkshop in Brisbane Australia a great bloke to deal with and his K&C prices very good! {sm4}

Regards

Tom

Here's a plug for you Brett! I find Brett at the Militaryworkshop in Brisbane Australia a great bloke to deal with and his K&C prices very good! {sm4}

Regards

Tom

Living in Brisbane I also like going to the Military Workshop. Even if I you do not purchase an item each visit I like the 'bricks and mortar' concept.

Cheers
Scott

Living in Brisbane I also like going to the Military Workshop. Even if I you do not purchase an item each visit I like the 'bricks and mortar' concept.

Cheers
Scott

Hey Scott your lucky to be able to do that,and yeah Bretts ok {sm3}.

hi brian, i agree with you wholeheartedly, paul is a great guy and his shop is very nice. I just wish i could get up to milwaukee more often. Of course paul is always at ostn in chicago with alot of goodies you do not get to see alot of. Ats,ll and kc

Thats a big 10-4 on Paul...RON

Users who are viewing this thread

Back