First Legion Elephant Preview (1 Viewer)

FirstLegion

Sergeant Major
Hello everyone, just thought we'd share a quick sneak preview of our upcoming Elephant. Others may try to emulate us, at every turn it seems these days, but there is still only one First Legion. :p

elephantpreview.jpg

Additional images will follow relatively soon and we project release sometime over the summer.

Best,

Matt

Thanks Matt for your Info. Actually I want FL to make Burmese and Thai War Elephant. May be in one day :)

It's an Indian Elephant. :)

Sorry, no more information now, suffice it to say there will be a few different variants.

Matt

Attachments

• War Elephant.jpg
    War Elephant.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 839
  • The-Legend-Of-King-Naresuan-5.jpg
    The-Legend-Of-King-Naresuan-5.jpg
    150.9 KB · Views: 851
Hi Matt,
Will this be a new release to an existing range or perhaps a completely new line?
Regards
Martin

It could be a add on to his Alexander the Great Macedonian line when they invaded India in 326 BC. porus elephant.jpg

Matt,
Whatever you do, please be careful of the lumps on his head...............................^&grin

TD

Opps...my mistake!! :) when I saw the heading of a Elephant my thoughts went directly to WWII German Elephant tank!!! oh well, wishful thinking, but none the less a nice looking Elephant either way.

Zach could be in trouble if there's a standard bearer on the elephant :rolleyes2:

*A couple of Paragraphs I read*from Wikipedia's account of the Battle of Gaugamela in 331 BC stated that*+++++the battle began with the Persians already present at the battlefield. Darius had recruited the finest cavalry from his Eastern satraps and from an allied Scythia tribe and deployed scythed chariots, for which he had ordered bushes and vegetation removed from the battlefield to maximize their effectiveness. He also had 15 Indian elephants supported by Indian chariots.[32]From India, military thinking on the use of war elephants spread westwards to the Persian Empire, where they were used in several campaigns and in turn came to influence the campaigns of Alexander the Great. The first confrontation between Europeans and the Persian war elephants occurred at Alexander's Battle of Gaugamela (331*BC), where the Persians deployed fifteen elephants.[9] These elephants were placed at the centre of the Persian line and made such an impression on the Macedonian troops that Alexander felt the need to sacrifice to the God of Fear the night before the battle - but according to some sources the elephants ultimately failed to deploy in the final battle owing to their long march the day before.[10] Alexander won resoundingly at Gaugamela, but was deeply impressed by the enemy elephants and took these first fifteen into his own army, adding to their number during his capture of the rest of Persia.* So a better assumption*that it*would be that elephant since FL already has Macedonians and Persians in stock. 2017 could be a brutal year for my check book with the*more of the Polish Winged Hussars to be released , Roman Onager and crew, Tiger tank.

Unless FL intends to start a new range I would assume that the elephant would be for the Roman invasion of Britain or Alexander's campaigns against the Persians and Indians.
Personally I would prefer Alexander's campaigns, especially his invasion of India and the battle of Hydapses.

Matt,
Whatever you do, please be careful of the lumps on his head...............................^&grin

TD

Good one TD!! 😁, I wonder if someone that we know will try to ruin it for us. I will be looking forward to getting this.

Are we going to see the Carthaginian Army being developed next??.....

A lovely rendition of an Asian Elephant with a proper cranium IMO. King Pyrrhus of Epirus invaded Italy in 280BC and fought the Romans successfully for many years. He introduced the Romans to War Elephants and routed the Legions. Macedonian War Elephants and Republican Roman Legions would make a unique combination not yet done. Far superior to the two Roman War Elephants of Claudius in 43AD.

Hello everyone, just thought we'd share a quick sneak preview of our upcoming Elephant. Others may try to emulate us, at every turn it seems these days, but there is still only one First Legion. :p

elephantpreview.jpg

Additional images will follow relatively soon and we project release sometime over the summer.

Best,

Matt

I didn't know there were so many different elephants.The tank of the ancient world.
Mark

I didn't know there were so many different elephants.The tank of the ancient world.
Mark

The elephant is the first of the zoo animal range...zebras, hippos, etc. to follow!!!
Joking of course, and congratulations to FL for what appears to be another amazing offering...

Carthaginians have been done already; although they were primarily Macedonian mercenaries in service to Carthage. Plus Celts, Iberians, Numidians and anyone else who hated the Romans.

Scale armor on the War Elephant as used by the Seleucids of Antiochus III against the Romans at the Battle of Magnesia in 190 BC would be great!

Are we going to see the Carthaginian Army being developed next??.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back