First Legion Tiger Preview Image (2 Viewers)

This is a very nice Tiger, I may have to budget for it!

Tom

Brilliant Matt!

You nailed the camo.

Please see the attached image which shows the tank a little better. Please note that there are still some minor corrections to be made to this model, the photo doesn't show the MG attached, the tracks need to be fixed in the correct positions etc.... so because of this, I'm not going to be addressing any comments. I'm primarily posting this to give you guys a better look and to stop myself being further inundated with emails asking for more photos. This is all we are going to show right now and there is no release date yet set for this model. Also, to clear up any misconceptions, they are steel wheels and it is 1/30th. The two hatches on the top of the turret open/close and it has most of the usual features of our models. So discuss away. :p

TIger1.jpg

A collector, collectorofkc, asked me to post the following photos.

image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

I am really looking forward to a comparative review between First Legion, Honor Bound and Figarti late production Tiger Is. The Honor Bound Gold Tigers have been considered the best to date. All are an accurate 1/30 scale and very well done. The test will be in the details!

I think the para with the Bren in the photo is being a bit hopeful! Where's the PIAT gone?

Am I the only person on the forum who would rather a dak panzer iv than this normandy tiger? {sm2}

Am I the only person on the forum who would rather a dak panzer iv than this normandy tiger? {sm2}

Maybe on the DAK version.

I personally hoped for something else, and if it was a Tiger not a Wittmann Tiger. Until I saw the up close pictures of this one and it is really fantastic.

So, any regret on my part was short lived.

Hi Jazzeum

Thanks for posting photos.

Glad to help out. Fortunately, someone took photos.

Although I have no facts to back this up, I don't think FL's DAK range is as popular as the European range; I'm sure a DAK Tiger would have sold well, but maybe not as as well as a Normandy one.

Brad

Glad to help out. Fortunately, someone took photos.

Although I have no facts to back this up, I don't think FL's DAK range is as popular as the European range; I'm sure a DAK Tiger would have sold well, but maybe not as as well as a Normandy one.

Brad

Let's face it, given the quality of other brands (except JJD and FM) any FL AFV will sold out in weeks.

I think that an FL DAK Tiger would be very cool.....It would DEFINITELY sell out very quickly.........I have the Figarti DAK Tiger so I would not likely buy another one but I would SURELY be very tempted if FL made one.....I doubt that I could resist....That Said: What we really need for the FL DAK range is some British Tanks and British artillery

There cannot be a DAK version as this - with low cupola and steel-rimmed wheels is from 1944. By that time, tourism had already recovered in North Africa from the Italian/German invasion. The DAK Tiger was an early Tiger and looked very differently. Sorry.

The late production model Tiger I can be converted to the early production model by using the same hull and changing the wheels. The turret cupola would be changed and some detail items added like the FIFO filters and tubing. The majority of the present models parts could be used; so its not as difficult or as expensive as designing a new model. Plastic model kit builders do these types of conversions all the time. like converting a Porsche turret Kingtiger into a Henschel turret version. I remember one conversion project in Fine Scale Modeler where a 1/16 Tamiya Kingtiger was converted into a Jagdtiger.

There cannot be a DAK version as this - with low cupola and steel-rimmed wheels is from 1944. By that time, tourism had already recovered in North Africa from the Italian/German invasion. The DAK Tiger was an early Tiger and looked very differently. Sorry.

Interesting:salute::.....Do you have any WWII historical photos to show us what a DAK Tiger actually looked like??

Users who are viewing this thread

Back