First Legion Tiger Preview Image (3 Viewers)

There are several easily visible differences. The easiest way to point them out is to note what would have to be done to convert the late production FL Tiger to an early production Afrika Korp Tiger.

Remove the zimmerit

Add the feifel air filter system - a very prominent feature

Add a third row of rubber rimed wheels to come out to the edge of the track vs the 2 rows of steel wheels that leave some of the track edge uncovered

Add smoke and S-Minen dischargers to the sides of the turret

change the monocular gunsight to a binocular gunsight

Remove the single centered headlight and add a pair of headlights at the front corner

change the cupola

change the muzzle brake

Terry

Last edited:
Interesting:salute::.....Do you have any WWII historical photos to show us what a DAK Tiger actually looked like??

Well it probably actually looked something like the Figarti DAK Tiger you told everyone you have back in post #36

The K&C Tunisian Tiger would be a good representitive examle of an early production Tiger I circa late 1942.

Well it probably actually looked something like the Figarti DAK Tiger you told everyone you have back in post #36

I own SO MANY TIGERS that I am almost "Tigered-out".....ALMOST:wink2:.... The Figarti DAK desert Tiger is a great model:salute::...Luv it....I also like the K/C Tunsian Tiger:salute::....I 'm pretty sure that they are both historically accurate (At least I hope so:wink2:)... but.... not being well versed on Tiger Tank wheel arrangements and other variances of Tiger Tanks I will defer to our forum experts.....Still I would eventually like to see an FL Version of a DAK Tiger and FL Panzer IV....I would definitely consider purchasing my 3rd DAK Tiger from FL for my collection if it was produced.......Still we are waiting for someone to do KING TIGER....Based on what I have heard through the grapevine I think That Figarti will be first to get that done.

Last edited:
Still waiting this Tiger. Hoping that it will come with January release.

Until the First Legion Tiger I arrives their are lots of excellent Figarti Tiger Is on Ebay. Figarti made the late production Tiger Is in 500 piece lots to reduce the unit cost to $169.00; which was an excellent price for a Figarti Panzer, even though it came without a figure. I will be very interested to see if First Legion can exceed the quality of the Figarti Tiger I and what the price point will be.

Until the First Legion Tiger I arrives their are lots of excellent Figarti Tiger Is on Ebay. Figarti made the late production Tiger Is in 500 piece lots to reduce the unit cost to $169.00; which was an excellent price for a Figarti Panzer, even though it came without a figure. I will be very interested to see if First Legion can exceed the quality of the Figarti Tiger I and what the price point will be.

Kat..why is it nearly every time someone posts about a First Legion tank/vehicle you come to the rescue of "well Britain/Figarti/etc. have many to choose from on Ebay"???? starting to wonder if you work part time for Ebay??

As far as the Figarti I vs. the new First legion Tiger, I'll toss this out there right now, ...with the detail, painting, weathering that First Legion has done on past tanks to date I'm putting my money that the First legion Tiger will be on par with the Honor Bound Tigers, I have 3 Figarti Tigers and love each one of them, but just seeing the First Legion Tiger in it's early stages from the Chicago show photos showed a lot of promise and it wasn't even completely finished if I recall, far as price I'd expect it to be 300.00-350.00??or so due to the camo and the time/effort to paint the camo, quality comes at a price these days, I'm saving my nickles now so not to miss out.

Very wise Sammy, I think this one will set a record for fastest First Legion sell out yet.

Does anyone have the slightest clue as to when it will be released? I don't want to miss out on it and I have the feeling that it will sell out in a matter of minutes with the way other AFV's have.

There is only one person who knows and that's Matt. Well, maybe two: Mrs. Matt ^&grin

Sammy; I collect a lot of things in addition to Toy Soldiers i.e. Japanese Antiques, Ceramics, Knives, Clocks and Cameras. I spend a lot of time searching Ebay for what I collect; so when I see something that might interest Forum members I will post about it. Many members ask where they can find a certain Figarti or Honor Bound piece; if I see it on Ebay I will respond to them or in general if it seems relevant. Figarti Tiger Is go very well with FL figures and a number of them are now available on Ebay at fair prices. I just purchased an ETG-096 Tiger I #222 for $185 new.

Figarti Armor was the best available until First Legion stated making armor. Figarti and Honor Bound are gone so First Legion is the last man standing for quality armor. K&C and TCS are not in this league IMO. I collect late WWII armor and First Legion has not made any to date, so Figarti pieces on Ebay are all thats available at this time. Figarti did the best Russian armor and I just picked up an SU-100 that is superb. I wonder when First Legion will produce more Russian armor?

I look forward to seeing the First Legion Tiger I and I hope they do an early Panther and a Kingtiger.

Kat..why is it nearly every time someone posts about a First Legion tank/vehicle you come to the rescue of "well Britain/Figarti/etc. have many to choose from on Ebay"???? starting to wonder if you work part time for Ebay??

As far as the Figarti I vs. the new First legion Tiger, I'll toss this out there right now, ...with the detail, painting, weathering that First Legion has done on past tanks to date I'm putting my money that the First legion Tiger will be on par with the Honor Bound Tigers, I have 3 Figarti Tigers and love each one of them, but just seeing the First Legion Tiger in it's early stages from the Chicago show photos showed a lot of promise and it wasn't even completely finished if I recall, far as price I'd expect it to be 300.00-350.00??or so due to the camo and the time/effort to paint the camo, quality comes at a price these days, I'm saving my nickles now so not to miss out.

I hear you Cameron. I bet it sells out in about 2 hours. I am hoping to grab one. But I hope they will make enough to cover the demand. Still looking forward to my Sherman. Hopefully it will be here in a week or so.

Does anyone have the slightest clue as to when it will be released? I don't want to miss out on it and I have the feeling that it will sell out in a matter of minutes with the way other AFV's have.

Tiger Tank, any chance soon..........

Nice Prussian artillery by the way, and useful you've provided a choice of 2 (fairly inexpensive) artillery pieces

Regards

I am also waiting for the anticipated release of FL Prussian NAP artillery:salute::.....LOOKS GOOD:salute::

Please see the attached image which shows the tank a little better. Please note that there are still some minor corrections to be made to this model, the photo doesn't show the MG attached, the tracks need to be fixed in the correct positions etc.... so because of this, I'm not going to be addressing any comments. I'm primarily posting this to give you guys a better look and to stop myself being further inundated with emails asking for more photos. This is all we are going to show right now and there is no release date yet set for this model. Also, to clear up any misconceptions, they are steel wheels and it is 1/30th. The two hatches on the top of the turret open/close and it has most of the usual features of our models. So discuss away. :p

TIger1.jpg

Just taking another look at this beauty, and as nice as this model looks (even without being complete) I truly hope First Legion will think about releasing it at some point in Winter attire!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back