First Legion Tiger Preview Image (1 Viewer)

FirstLegion

Sergeant Major
Please see the attached image which shows the tank a little better. Please note that there are still some minor corrections to be made to this model, the photo doesn't show the MG attached, the tracks need to be fixed in the correct positions etc.... so because of this, I'm not going to be addressing any comments. I'm primarily posting this to give you guys a better look and to stop myself being further inundated with emails asking for more photos. This is all we are going to show right now and there is no release date yet set for this model. Also, to clear up any misconceptions, they are steel wheels and it is 1/30th. The two hatches on the top of the turret open/close and it has most of the usual features of our models. So discuss away. :p

TIger1.jpg

WELL...it's about time! You've been home at least 12 hrs by now!!!! :p

It does look really nice.

I do not have a Wittmann Tiger, so maybe this will be it.

Interesting to compare the FL model with the Figarti Tiger I # 222. The Zimmerit is well done as is the camouflage. The colors are accurate too IMO.

Very nicely done model especially the camo and zimmerit. Thanks for the update Matt. :smile2:

As for my saying the model implied forthcoming Brit AFVs and other vehicles, the Tiger's camo immediately reminded me of the Tigers of Schwere SS Panzer Abteilung 101 as part of 1st SS Division "Leibstandarte Adolf Hitler". The diorama layout reminded me of Villers-Bocage where Wittmann destroyed 6 Cromwell tanks, an M4 Sherman Firefly, 2 M5 "Honey" light tanks, an M4 Sherman and a dozen half-tracks. Now that I can see the number 222, that was the Tiger normally used by SS-Unterscharfuhrer Kurt Sowa but may have been used that day by Wittmann instead of his 231. I would guess that FL is going to set the scenario at Villers-Bocage with all that it entails for AFV's..:salute::

Terry

Last edited:
I just hope it comes in a winter version so I can use in Eastern Front and hopefully comes with winter tank commanders.

Mark

Please see the attached image which shows the tank a little better. Please note that there are still some minor corrections to be made to this model, the photo doesn't show the MG attached, the tracks need to be fixed in the correct positions etc.... so because of this, I'm not going to be addressing any comments. I'm primarily posting this to give you guys a better look and to stop myself being further inundated with emails asking for more photos. This is all we are going to show right now and there is no release date yet set for this model. Also, to clear up any misconceptions, they are steel wheels and it is 1/30th. The two hatches on the top of the turret open/close and it has most of the usual features of our models. So discuss away. :p

TIger1.jpg

Overall looks to be a very well done Tiger, the camo looks good, weathering, and I really like the looks of the steels wheels/tracks, look forward to it's release...Sammy

Time to prepare financially, for this long awaited piece. I hope FL makes enough to go around.^&grin. But, maybe for starters a long awaited Normandy Half track release, is in order.

Thanks Matt for posting photo. I hope this Tiger will come to me around Christmas.

Hope it's not in the Patton range, price wise.

Matt has gone on record that he does not expect it to be in that range. Closer to the standard, and he may have even said it will be the same as the standard price.

Yes, you're right, I forgot. Well, that's what a couple of glasses of wine will do to you!^&grin

Users who are viewing this thread

Back