FIW Bushy Run (1 Viewer)

mestell

Lieutenant Colonel
On the W. Britain Facebook Page today, Ken Osen has posted a photo of a prototype of a new Eastern Woodland Indian for the Clash of Empires range. The prototype is one of nine figures that will be offered in 3 sets (3 figures each). The sets will all be limited run editions. Each figure has been copied from Don Troiani's painting "Bushy Run". These sets will be included in the Spring catalog. Finally, the FIW has come to the Clash of Empires range . . . .
:smile2: Mike

Last edited:
This is one of my favorite Troiani paintings! Looking forward to these sets! I hope there will be more FIW to follow...French, Rangers, Regulars!

Travis

This is one of my favorite Troiani paintings! Looking forward to these sets! I hope there will be more FIW to follow...French, Rangers, Regulars!

Travis

It goes without saying that this is what I want.
Mark

Hi all,
Thanks for posting this here Mike. Here is another figure from the painting just before it was sent for duplication. I thought you might like to see a typical sculpt engineered for this stage of development.
There are additional figures not in the painting that will be released in the Spring catalog with more to follow in later 2016 supplements.
9d0337c73b8b9459a14c2fb563b4c868_zpsmkp7lmj7.jpg

Ken,
Will there be a backdrop of a wooded area like you did on some special sets you did for the ACW?
Mark

Don and I were musing about a simulated environment a few weeks ago and I am kicking around a few ideas. More on that later...

Ken or anybody else,
That is one Hell of a Battle Axe that the Woodland Indian is swinging. Did they have many weapons like that or was that uncommon. I am use to seeing them with the Tomahawk. If that is a historical weapon is mighty impressive. Do you know the history on that Axe.

Thanks
Howard Hulsebosch
Buck Private(DO YOU HEAR ME)

Everything in the painting and the new figure sculpts are historically accurate. This is a French trade axe and although not as common as the classic trade tomahawk, they were not that unusual. The hanger, or small grenadier style sword, is also an item produced for trade and is different in details from military issue ones in a similar style.

Hope this helps!
Ken

Today, Ken posted on the W. Britains Face Book page a new figure of a 42nd Highlander Grenadier Standing Firing. As impressive looking as the photo is, I imagine the actual figure in-hand is outstanding. Figure will be included in the Spring catalog. I hope figures for the 60th Royal Americans and the 77th Highlanders are also offered . . . . wouldn't be Bushy Rub without them . . . .

Any chance of seeing another sculpt soon? :salute::
Mark

Between collecting the Bushy Run figures and the Wrath of the Vikings figures, plus any new and interesting additions to the ACW, my 2016 WB TS budget is really going to get a good stretch. Time to start selling the children . . . .

I know what you mean Mike.I intend to collect the Bushy Run sets,I'm having special figures converted in Spain plus having them and others painted for my 28mm Battle of Monongahela dio.I saw a FL canoe set I want plus I have kits to be painted and also I had a shelf come crashing down which damaged about 6 figures (from kits) and I'm having them repaired.I'm lucky that I have enough money to eat and put gas in my truck.{eek3}
Mark

Picture of the new Bushy Run figures just uploaded on the Britain's Facebook page. All I can say is well done!

1-12841357_992079870880051_1722769080142666690_o-001.jpg

Cheers,

Brendan

Picture of the new Bushy Run figures just uploaded on the Britain's Facebook page. All I can say is well done!

View attachment 188313

Cheers,

Brendan

You beat me to it Brendan . . . . I was just going to post this photo. Just excellent looking figures. According to Ken Osen on Facebook, these represent three new 3-figure sets and some new singles. I will be collecting all of them.

No absolutely nothing about the battle but these figures look great especially the warriors.

Superb looking figures and very true to the print. I will be looking to get these. -- Al

Users who are viewing this thread

Back