Flak in action (1 Viewer)

Mike97

Command Sergeant Major
The WB Flak gun is a great piece, as are the figures that compliment it. I added some FL to augment the crew

...now I need a prime mover...

flak1.jpg

flak2.jpg

flak4.jpg

Fantastic display, Mike! I almost thought this was one of W. Britains own promo photos at first.

But I completely agree the WB Late War Flak 36 88mm gun is an awesome set. I got the grey “rebuild” version and have it displayed in a vignette depicting a gun emplacement in a late war urban battle.

IMG-2328.jpg

An outstanding diorama Mike, one to be proud of. Kudos!

Mike

Thanks much all.

TMan, that dio of yours is superb…is that seated camo gunner a WB figure?
I don’t recall seeing it before

cheers!

Thanks much all.

TMan, that dio of yours is superb…is that seated camo gunner a WB figure?
I don’t recall seeing it before

cheers!

Thanks Mike! The seated gunner came with the original Britains #25059 German 88mm Flak 36, Dual Purpose Gun With 3 Man Crew set which was released around 3 years ago in 2021.

IMG-3284.jpg

Link:
https://www.wbritain.com/product-store/25059---german-88mm-flak-36-dual-purpose-gun-with-3-man-crew

It’s a great set, though the gun is a tad fragile. The seated figure is actually plastic!

Still, fantastic work on your setup and awesome pics 😎

Thanks Mike! The seated gunner came with the original Britains #25059 German 88mm Flak 36, Dual Purpose Gun With 3 Man Crew set which was released around 3 years ago in 2021.

IMG-3284.jpg

Link:
https://www.wbritain.com/product-store/25059---german-88mm-flak-36-dual-purpose-gun-with-3-man-crew

It’s a great set, though the gun is a tad fragile. The seated figure is actually plastic!

Still, fantastic work on your setup and awesome pics 😎

Thanks for that Tman...my Flak came in with damage and WB promptly assisted with a replacement set-great support from them

I thought I would post a few of the photo set ups I have done with the Flak 88 over the past couple of years…this may be one of my favorites using the “Two Down and One to Go” backdrop with T-3485s advancing It was a pretty easy one to set up only using the Flak 88, crewman, a grassy base and the backdrop mounted on foamcore.
Ken

Attachments

• IMG_4983.jpeg
    IMG_4983.jpeg
    111.8 KB · Views: 86
This was one of the first photo set ups I did when we got the first production samples. I used our Hudson & Allen destroyed factory, a cobblestone road section, a debris pile, the Flak 88 & crew, and a simple backdrop.

Attachments

• 6080F471-16E0-4234-85DC-3670EE74AFD1_1_105_c.jpeg
    6080F471-16E0-4234-85DC-3670EE74AFD1_1_105_c.jpeg
    132.2 KB · Views: 82
I thought I would post a few of the photo set ups I have done with the Flak 88 over the past couple of years…this may be one of my favorites using the “Two Down and One to Go” backdrop with T-3485s advancing It was a pretty easy one to set up only using the Flak 88, crewman, a grassy base and the backdrop mounted on foamcore.
Ken

Ken, I really enjoy your diorama photos… Such excellent work. I’m certain you’ve sold a few more figures, vehicles, and artillery sets than you may have otherwise because your pics do such a great job of showing off the W. Britain products in action 😎

This photo features our late war rebuild with the three crew sets in temperate climate uniforms (Wool/Rayon M43 uniforms with short boots and gaiters) I used a grassy base, the small H&A destroyed factory section, and our East Prussian village backdrop mounted on Foamcore for this one.

Attachments

• IMG_3634.jpeg
    IMG_3634.jpeg
    130.5 KB · Views: 87
This one was hard to shoot only because it was a finished pedestal base diorama and only 11 inches round. I used a backdrop and one of my buildings to extend the view a bit and then cropped in tight with the shot. This is the other late war Flak 88 we offer with crew and accessories. Part of the fixed diorama included the brick and limestone fence using laser cut fencing that Ericka designed and cut.

Attachments

• IMG_2533.jpeg
    IMG_2533.jpeg
    104.3 KB · Views: 87
I believe this was the first photo I ever set a diorama up to shoot the Flak 88. It was just after I received the first pre-production sample while still working at 1st Gear, and was still working out some engineering details. It was used to illustrate an article in our magazine The Standard discussing the development and use of the gun during WWII. I hand painted the backdrop, that we later offered as a print and populated the scene with my Hudson & Allen Studio barn, snow mat and a couple of W. Britain haystacks to simulate an abandoned gun in the Ardennes.
Ken

Attachments

• 361BAE1B-A89C-4A07-A4F1-35898229D39B_1_105_c.jpeg
    361BAE1B-A89C-4A07-A4F1-35898229D39B_1_105_c.jpeg
    89 KB · Views: 99
Thats an awesome scene Ken. Is there any chance you can rerelease the barn or something similar. I want a European barn for the Franco Prussian War era and this one is perfect

Thats an awesome scene Ken. Is there any chance you can rerelease the barn or something similar. I want a European barn for the Franco Prussian War era and this one is perfect
Give me a couple of days to look, but I may have 1-2 barns left that only need assembly and detailing. Call our office toward the end of this week.
Ken

Here is a set up using the late war Flak 88 set up in a defensive position. In this case I used a display I built a few years ago that features a sand bagged trench and simply set the gun and crew up with a backdrop and our hedgehogs. None of these photos use photoshop, instead I simply minimize the metal bases with scenic materials and shoot from low angles…

Attachments

• IMG_3833.jpeg
    IMG_3833.jpeg
    106.1 KB · Views: 58

It is a great set Jason- just be a little careful when opening and closing the doors- I got mine several years back and they can be a little fickle and one of the lower prongs on the barn door broke so it leans a little- which is ok since my barn is used for a WW2 display. Look forward to seeing your FP dios!!!

As always, this WB 88 is a masterpiece- hopefully I can save up enough to get one and add it to my already over strength German force.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back